It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who thought the democratic response was robotic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
All though, I was willing to listen to the democratic response to the State of the Union Speach, It seemed like nothing more than a robotic, programed response.
Nancy Pelosi was nothing more than a sitting robot, spitting out the party line. Can I say the lights were on, but NO ONE IS HOME!!! Tom Daschle, at least gave me a thing or 2 to think about, but he still had that robotic quality about him. Let me know what the rest of you think. (for the record, I don't think Bush gave a great speech!!)

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSRules
All though, I was willing to listen to the democratic response to the State of the Union Speach, It seemed like nothing more than a robotic, programed response.
Nancy Pelosi was nothing more than a sitting robot, spitting out the party line. Can I say the lights were on, but NO ONE IS HOME!!! Tom Daschle, at least gave me a thing or 2 to think about, but he still had that robotic quality about him. Let me know what the rest of you think. (for the record, I don't think Bush gave a great speech!!)

They were certainly no more robotic than Bush. You could almost see Cheney behind him pulling the strings.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
No Bush didn't give a great speech

and the Democratic response was the typical expected Democratic response you would have to expect after a speech like that.

listening to both were a waste of my time..good thing I can multi-task.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Pelosi's speech was obviously prepared before the State of the Union, but Daschle's was in response to the President's speech.

I would imagine that they had very little time to prepare and were reading off a prompter. They cetainly did better than I would! The president had months to memorize and practice his speech.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Tom was ok but Nancy Pelosi's dentures kept making that whistling sound...

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

Yeh they had that Dionne Warrick(sp) Look!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
and did her eyes freak anyone else out?

The 'response' usually always stinks though, well, in my opinion anyway.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
They weren't strong, admittedly. However, I was watching it on NBC. You knwo who was strong? Kerry and Clark. Kerry just dropped the hammer when he was interviewed after the speech.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Colonel,
I'll admit I didn't see Kerry...But I'm willing to bet aleast he looked sincere!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Kerry and Clark - I like them both~

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Oh, yeah, he was calm and forceful and basically said Bush lied about everything. Something about capitulating to the big corporations and that tere was a big differencew between Bush's world and reality as he sat with firefighters in New Hamnpshire.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
While I'll agree Kerry has got something, Clark on the other hand changes his tune...more than I change underwear. I mean seriously...at times he make Dean look sane. Although I'm neither a democrat or republican...I'd give Kerry some serious consideration, but not as much as Leibermann who unfortunately doesn't stand a chance.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy

They were certainly no more robotic than Bush. You could almost see Cheney behind him pulling the strings.

well its better than having billiary pull the strings

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I like most of the candidates (but for Lieberman) but I'm torn between Dean and Kerry (since his win yesterday). I just want a man that can get Bush out of the White House and I think Kerry can do it.

The media is tearing Dean a new one everyday. I don't think he'll be able to hold up for the win if he's nominated. I guess the media has their preferences too.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Dean's torn to shreds, he can't win....

Its all Kerry, Edwards, or maybe Clark.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
what we need in polotics is moderates on both sides. i have no problem with moderate consevatives that will look at the issuses from both sides and listen to the opponets. its the fanatics that ruin it for every one. colonel im looking at you.

new topics

top topics

join