It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minuteman group plans to hold convention in Kansas City

page: 1

join
share:
apc

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Minuteman group plans to hold convention in Kansas City

www.kansascity.com

Citing the controversy behind the Frances Semler appointment to the Kansas City Board of Parks & Recreation Commissioners, The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps plans to hold its national convention Dec. 1 in Kansas City.
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This issue we've been having here in KC has gotten a little bit of national attention, but not much. At least not until this point I suspect.

To summarize, with our new mayor, Mark Funkhouser, came a new appointee to our Parks Board, Frances Semler. Semler is little old lady who you could probably knock over if you spoke too loudly to her. She is also a relatively inactive member of the Minute Men organization.

In June, Semler's membership started making the rounds on local media. Activist groups began demanding her resignation, claiming that the Minute Men promote racism. Semler offered her resignation to the mayor who, appropriately, declined to accept.

Recently La Raza, the so-called Hispanic civil rights group, stated that if Semler did not resign, they would withdraw their national convention slated for 2009.

With this announcement came what could be described as a small mob pounding on Semler's door, demanding her resignation.

Again Funkhouser declared he would not be blackmailed into removing Semler from the Parks Board.

Following La Raza's threats, the NAACP joined in, stating that if Semler did not step down they too would withdraw their national convention.

In response to all this ridiculous bullying, and at the request of many, the Minute Men have now decided to host their convention here in Kansas City.

I applaud the Minute Men's resolution in this matter. La Raza and the NAACP are inherently racist organizations and they can place their conventions in the back of a Volkswagen.

www.kansascity.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Who cares about La Raza? They are like neo-nazis. Their name is ``the race`` which explains a lot... Seriously, they are not for Hispanic civil rights, they are literally for ``ìllegals immigrants amnesty``... which 95% of the american people opposes.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'm Hispanic, I will tell you that La Raza don't speak for me and all this people that want amnesty don't speak for me.

The reasons I came to the states are basically the same as many others, to have a better life. But some of this people and organizations are just out of touch, they claim they speak for all Hispanics in the country and NO, they speak for the one that broke the law to get here.

Get back in the line, learn the language ( not that I'm perfect but in 3 years I can say that I have learn a lot) and at least demonstrate that you are going to be loyal to the US and not going to be flying other countries flags on IS streets.

Anyway my .02 !

Viva los Estados Unidos de America!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
APC, great commentary and putting everything in perspective for everyone.

I do not know of any other country that goes so far out of the way to please people who do not belong in the country. I guess that is what makes America great.

Organizations and the threat of not holding a convention, not announcing that they are coming then backing out, but actually tell you: We have a convention coming up and we may not pick your city because... This a great extortion tool for making change.

I feel if La Raza doesn't come to KC, the crime rate will stay the same or drop during that time frame. NAACP, don't even get me started on this. With the Minutemen in town, in large numbers, the street crime rate will plummet in some areas.

The economic realities of these conventions are very simple for Kansas City. The city has survived for over 150 years with out these clowns of La Raza and NAACP, why stop a good thing.

apc

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
New developments...

September 27th Mayor Funkhouser met with La Raza and other city officials to begin negotiations. There has been pressure from civic leaders to get this issue settled and keep the conventions.

I have not seen any reports regarding the NAACP threats.

Rita Valenciano, local Hispanic activist and president of the Coalition of Hispanic Organizations, interviewed on local talk radio regarding her feelings about the Minutemen. A fair summary of the interview would be simply quote Valenciano's most commonly used phrase, "I heard that they..."

I suspect rumor and gossip is the best ammo they've got.

new topics

top topics

join