It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Military Draft be reinstituted in the next Year of so?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think When The Allies being the War with Iran and soon after that,North Korea, the Draft will be instituted. I think It will have to be to get then amount of Men needed. I think Men 18-45 will be Drafted. What are Your opinions?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ummmm...i doubt it. We may attack Iran but we wont "go to war with them" in the current Iraq situation sense. Most of what we will do there will consist of air strikes. If N. Korea really stops their nuke program (and it appears they are doing so) then no need to attack them either. Shouldnt be a need for a draft any time soon the way i see it.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
We may attack Iran but we wont "go to war with them"

Not saying that war is a certainty at all, but I wanted to respond to this comment. What makes you think the Iranians (and perhaps others) won't bring the war to the US if they start launching air strikes? Doing so is an act of war, and the consequences against the United States and it's allies can't be determined by a script written in Washington.

Despite America's military and economic pre-eminence, this does not guarantee immunity from repercussions to aggressive actions.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The problem with an attack on American soil has always been logistical in nature. Our Eastern and Western borders are surrounded by thousands of miles of open ocean, and the few "enemies" we have are literally on the other side of the planet.

Coming over the north or south poles presents similar problems. Plus, Canada and Mexico are both allies.

In addition, any attacking force would have to travel either over or around nations that are friendly to the U.S., who would likely alert us if our web of spy sattelites and spy aircraft did not dectect them first.

So far, the only effective way to attack the U.S. mainland is through pre-meditated terrorist attacks involving small groups of fighters with a specific goal.

Note: There are some who argue that if Iran is indeed supplying the militias in Iraq, then we are technically at war with them currently. However, overtly attacking Iran would not be a good idea right now, since their oil and natural gas goes to Japan and Russia, who would not be very happy with us.

Edit: (Hehe, forgot to answer the whole draft thing)

The draft will only be reinstated in the event of an overt attack and invasion of Iran. Our military is stretched very thin at this point, and additional troops would be required in order to direct and accomplish tasks on the ground inside Iran. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? No.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by RockerDom]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I read something a few months ago that if their were any airstrikes or hostile action against Iran by any nation, Iran would go on the offensive into Iraq. Their exact words were "severe retaliation."

english.peopledaily.com.cn...
www.guardian.co.uk...
abcnews.go.com...

All the links say pretty much the same thing. I think that if we went to war with Iran, considering the size of their army, the US may/probably start conscription.

Wiki- Iran's Military Summary(that is known)
en.wikipedia.org...

---------
Nothing to do with the convorsation but, I found the 5-minute video link on this page to be interesting.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14/9/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Iran is all bluster. They wont severely retaliate anything...they are only good at talking. So you think they will waltz divisions of troops into Iraq qithouth being deicmated before they get there? We dont even need a ton of ground troops for that either, if any.

Nah....i dont think we will need a draft all in the next year or so.

top topics

join