It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of You out there believe in the Shadow People?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Have any of You seen them? Do Ya'll think these beings might be People from other dimensions? What are Your opinions out there? I tend to think sightings of the "Shadow People" might very well be sightings of Demons.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have seen one, so i def. believe in them. I am under the impression that what i saw was not a 'person'. There were only 4 fingers and no wrist bone, just a long straight skinny arm with no 4 long fingers and no thumb.

I've also have had friends that have seen shadow people and they are not people who would lie about something like that.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I believe in them. I've seen one. I believe my son has seen one. My father-in-law has seen one. A co-worker of my wife's has seen one and believes it is his passed uncle. There are many people online that I trust 100% that say they have had experiences with them.
I have no reason to believe they are demons. I believe they are disembodied spirits.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It's not a matter of "believing in them" for me. I know they exist. I had my own personal horrific experience with one.

They exist.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
It's not a matter of "believing in them" for me. I know they exist. I had my own personal horrific experience with one.

They exist.

is Your story similar to the story of the Old Lady or Witch that would sit on Your chest while You slept and tried to smother You?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr

is Your story similar to the story of the Old Lady or Witch that would sit on Your chest while You slept and tried to smother You?

No. lol

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Shadow people
I've been aware of these mysterious manifestations for a few years now and I've sat firmly on the fence of doubt that these entities are authentic.
I have never witnessed a shadow person. I do not doubt the credibility of other posters to this topic when they claim they have seen or had an experience with these entities.
I'm open minded with most paranormal claims even when there is sparse or little evidence to support any visual contact or indeed photographic proof.
If these manifestations exist it's likely they are interdimensional beings exploiting entrances into our hemisphere of existance.
An alternative theory of mine is that they manifest from the subconscious mind into a visual reality to the witness. A sort of illusion projected by a specific state of conciousness.
Whatever hypothesis ticks the box(es) it is still a subject that may fascinate us for a long time to come.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I've had no experiences with them, but I do believe they exist. I do wish I could see videos of some though. None seem to exist

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I believe in them. I've seen one. I believe my son has seen one. My father-in-law has seen one. A co-worker of my wife's has seen one and believes it is his passed uncle. There are many people online that I trust 100% that say they have had experiences with them.
I have no reason to believe they are demons. I believe they are disembodied spirits.

No disrespect, but how does one trust a person 'online'? If you have never met face to face that seems like a stretch and then some. Seems absurd. YMMV, apprently.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
we have a resident 'shadow person' in our house. everyone in my family has seen it on several different occasions. We live on a 40 acre property in the bush and in the old days it was said to be an aboriginal "stomping ground", which is a sacred or spiritual place for aboriginies.

So I just figured its an aboriginal spirit/god/demon/angel. (one of those)

Whatever it is, its not scary and doesn't create a bad energy in the place.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I have seen some of the shadow people in my house and around the area where I live.I have seen both tall [7-9 feet] and short [3-4 feet]they go their way and I go mine. I used to think they were some kind of spirit.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I also have personal experiences with them well shadowing being at least, but it wasn't anything bad, while I don't know if they foreshadow anything in the future, or symbolically represent a bad omen. So far all of the shadows i've seen are no bigger then a house cat, and they usually take different forms, and they normally run away from me, i spot and sometime chase after them.

I also think the reaspon what some people can't see them is because the brain sometime visually block out these shadows, or even certain entities, sort of like repression, so it doesn't add stress/fear on us. But I feel as though these beings are everywhere. I mean if your struggling to put food on the table, seeing ghosts and shadows aren't going to help much is it?

I see them now on occasion, but I haven't been able to like see them directly and track them down like I used to, I just catch them at the corners of my eyes now a days, but they seem to linger around the room for a bit, so I can catch them multiple times.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I have never seen one but I've read a lot about them being reptilians with some sort of cloaking or 4th dimentional, especially tall ones. But then there are reports of all sorts of shapes and sizes too. I certainly believe they exist.

[edit on 15/9/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanormalShiver
I've had no experiences with them, but I do believe they exist. I do wish I could see videos of some though. None seem to exist

In many cases people are experiencing paralysis when a shadow sighting occurs.
But TAPS has gotten some interesting footage.

But you know, I've never met TAPS face to face so I guess it would be absurd to trust them
Right Stockburn?
BTW I've been part of this community for many years now and I trust many people here. Anything my fellow ATS staff members have to say I trust in 100%. Maybe I'm just naive

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I saw lots of shadow people when I lived on the streets. They were figments of my imagination, dreaming awake. I was staying awake for days, or weeks at a time, with the help of illegal substances. These particular substances also cause psychoses in people. It was during this time I "saw" several ghosts in SF, as well as having several instances of sleep paralysis.

I still have the journal I kept while I was out there. It describes the period around Halloween of 1990 as having "thin" time. I vaguely recall thinking I was seeing ghostly historical layers on top of current time. On one memorable occasion, I was doing a midnight raid on the recycling depot and saw a huge circle of these "shadow people" standing around me, watching me. It freaked me out so bad I wouldn't go near the recycling depot for months after that.

Since this stuff has stopped since I fixed my life and cleaned up, in my own opinion, shadow people are optical illusions and/or misfiring of synapses carrying mistaken perceptual information to the brain. I think it has a lot to do with our mental capacity to seek pattern, and creating pattern where there is none.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
An oil-black form, fleeting by my window. It is chilling as i type this! I have seen objects, and shadow-people is a good description.

It moves just as I turn and spot it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I did not read any replies ,but to answer your topic question ..Yes i believe without a doubt.

Many explanations are given and proven as tricks of the eyes/lights/mind..they are all totally plausible or tbh the true reason for seeing Shadow People...i won't disagree with scientific/medical reasons in any way.

Though in my sightings that what scares me is that i get the "cold chill" and then i only spot it ,i have spotted one twice within a +-10 seconds difference..but the dread feeling before hand is what gets me.And why making itself clearly '"visible" twice? It's usually split seconds and it's like it wanted me to really notice it,yet it still moved very fast.I have seen them only a few times ,but that is enough.

I have no wish in getting an eerie chill feeling and then spot a shadow ever again.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I saw dark figures during my sleep paralysis. I struggled to open my eyes, when I did, I always see this dark shillouette (sp) of a man watching me.

And yeah I was consciouss, not dreaming.

Shadow people exists, even as ghosts.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Some beings are absent of all light. I suggest staying away from them, and tune them out when ever possible. Shadow people, can manipulate emotions in people, mostly fear, sometimes depression.
I have had a few exp with them, so its not a question if they are real or not. They are real, but have no fear, that is what feeds some of them.
But there are many types of Shadow people, some are darker than others.
While some call them demons, shadow folk, dark energy, DarkPrana.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
My sister saw a shadow person. I think they are very real. I don not think they are demons, maybe that is just the easiest way for them to manifest

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join