It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeleine McCann is dead. Get over it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I was just browsing Youtube in my usual carefree way, when I came upon this video.

www.youtube.com...

Am I the only one who finds it sick? This isn't the only video. It's all the same, but sad songs are played, and the photos are sometimes put in a different way.

SICKOS!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
i didnt even watch the video
sad world

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
While I do feel for the family, I also agree with you. We've been going on about poor Maddie for months, when there are children disappearing all over the world. Not one of them gets as much public attention as Maddie.
I'm sorry for their family, but she isn't the centre of the world. America and Iran are on the brink of war and North Korea is a huge threat. Africa has a serious financial problem, as well as a drug problem and AIDS. One small child, no matter how heartbreaking it is to say it, isn't that much of a big deal in our world.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Actually Jack of Blades many of the members here are equally involved in commenting on the situation in Iraq and on the situation in Iran, so your put down is uncalled for.

I also don't recall seeing you very active in past months on those other topics so instead of dumping on people here just get on with saying what you have to say on Iran or Iraq and you get over it.

Believe it or not, the world does not stop revolving because of Ahmedinejad's machinations and some people feel it is kind of important to for society to have it's say about parents who apparently overdosed a 4 year old with sedatives and then went out to play, then created a sophisticated PR campaign to deceive everyone.

You might choose to believe that a sense of values about child abuse are unimportant, but then I doubt you've ever been a parent.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by sy.gunson]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I watched the Video. It isn't sick. It speaks out against child abuse and parodies Madeline singing a song asking her parents not to hit her. I think it's fair comment and not half so sick as another video of her parents asking people to help find fictitious adbductors.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Finaly someone said what we are all thinking. Its sad shes gone but the world needs to get over it.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Put down? Who did I put down? I made no directed remarks at any members here, and I was in fact talking about society in general. When a child goes missing it is very sad. I feel very sorry for anyone who has to go through this pain, but at the same time I don't feel that, especially at such an.... interesting time in world politics, a child who may or may not have been murdered by her parents should dominate the media.

And one of the things I love about ATS is that members aren't judged on how frequently they post, how many posts they create per week or anything else, except the quality of a post. If you had bothered to ask you would know I haven't posted because I had been working all night and all day recently, as well as rehearsing and performing in a play.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ivzm
Finaly someone said what we are all thinking. Its sad shes gone but the world needs to get over it.

Oh very good attitude there buddy. Children are the light of the world. When they are gone who will lead us. Who will run things after we're gone? Think that way each child that dies thats one less brillant mind gone.

Life is precious don't take it for granted.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
Children are the light of the world. When they are gone who will lead us. Who will run things after we're gone? Think that way each child that dies thats one less brillant mind gone.

Life is precious don't take it for granted.

Yes well then it's a pity that when it comes to media value one 4 year old english kid is worth more than the numberless and nameless that die all over the world due to starvation, terrorism, natural disaster, drought, disease, not being in the western world etc. In fact, considering how much one can see about it being 6 years since 9/11, did anyone see anything about 3 years since Beslan when 1000 kids got taken hostage, and about 300 were killed? Thought not.

Edit: because today I keep putting the wrong word or spelling in.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by apex]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The parents are innocent till proven guilty in a court of law. Let's not rely on the trial by media bandwagon to see the truth. When Murat was under suspicion, for most of the investigation, this lovely bit of "evidence" came up when I read some non-entity newspaper which went along the lines of: "He enjoyed jumping up and down bouncy castles. It was almost as if he was fixated by them." This fixation of bouncy castles apparently is proof that he had something to do with Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

[edit on 16/9/07 by MacDonagh]

[edit on 16/9/07 by MacDonagh]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I just wanted to say here that i'm very very good at body language and i have watched those parents repeatedly and i do not get any sense that they are the culprits.
Unless they defy all laws of body actions,, facial expressions, etc, i would say with certainty they did not do it. They are however, guilty of being stupid and leaving the kids alone.

new topics

top topics

join