It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captain Taliban Hook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

This is Osama Bin Laden sympathizer that wants all westners dead yet he still livin in a 350thousand pound house in UK. It makes me sick that someone like this that wants to nuke the UK if he could and is still livin here.
I tell u what if he lived in Northern Ireland he would be taken care of ages ago. He would have 2 hook legs as well

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kila
I tell u what if he lived in Northern Ireland he would be taken care of ages ago. He would have 2 hook legs as well.

Not sure, but it seems in Afghanistan, a theif that got cought, might have his hands cut off in punishment.

Makes you wonder, could he be trying to earn his way back into his homeland, by virtue of publically voicing his current political opinions, and becoming a minor martyr by eviction from a country?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Now i'm not disagreeing with you... i think its ridiculous to have an anti-western fanatic living in a western country... its called biting the hand that feeds...

just a note though... the post mentions Taliban... i dont see what they have to do with this... and also the sun is a notorious tabloid and isnt the most reliable source...

but yeah get him the # back to an islamic country if he hates the country he lives in so much

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
He's a well known arsehole in the UK. He gives the Muslim faith a bad name.
Firstly, I'd remove the police guard he has. You can guarantee that he'd bugger off voluntarily if he realised that there were a few thousand people outside his house wanting his balls on a stick.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The Sun!!

Most conspiracy sites are more accurate and definately more serious.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
The Sun!!

Most conspiracy sites are more accurate and definately more serious.

That report may have come from The Sun, but this guy has been at it for years, publically drumming up anti-western sentiment within the muslim population. This is a man who festooned the outside of his mosque on the anniversary of 9/11 with posters praising the hijackers.

I'm not sure why he hasn't yet been arrested and jailed for his constant racially hatred-inciting actions. I know if I stood outside his Mosque spouting anti-muslim propaganda I'd be arrested under some anti-racism law or other.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I'm not sure why he hasn't yet been arrested and jailed for his constant racially hatred-inciting actions. I know if I stood outside his Mosque spouting anti-muslim propaganda I'd be arrested under some anti-racism law or other.

No kidding. Isn't hypocrisy grand?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I know who Abu Hamza is.

If the racist right didn't have Abu Hamza they'd have to invent him.Jesus! the guy even has a gammy eye and a hook.

The Mail and The Sun have been churning this out for over a year now.

I suspect half of what has been said about him is exageration and plain lies.

Please don't quote The Sun.It's a bull# paper.(That is a request as a fellow member and not a Mod directive)

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Appologies this is a cut and paste from the BBC site.

He may not win first prize in the Great Disabled Britons contest, but if there was an award for the most damned disabled person in Britain this week, then Muslim cleric Abu Hamza would emerge as the clear winner.

The Muslim cleric who, we are told, lost both his hands and an eye fighting the Russians in Afghanistan was given a good going-over by the tabloid press while the police were raiding the Finsbury Park mosque where he preaches.

"Sling your hook!" screamed The Sun on Tuesday, with a front page prominently featuring a large picture of his prosthesis. In the newspaper's leader column, it said that with his "hook hand and snarling mouth" he was the unacceptable face of Islam.

The Daily Express was also busy. In fact, on Wednesday it was almost in danger of overworking the puns by saying that he was preaching hatred against: "the very hand that feeds him." By Thursday, they were calling him plain and simple "Mr Hook" telling us that the "hook handed fundamentalist preacher" had once married a 48-year-old British woman dubbed (of course) "Mrs Hook". Oh dear.

Why has Abu Hamza become such a hate figure for the national press? Of course, to begin with hes a radical Muslim cleric who has been allegedly preaching some fairly unpopular things at a time when the country is on a heightened state of alert. Secondly, according to the Daily Express, he claims several benefits; thirdly, and perhaps most importantly, he doesnt disguise his disability. Worst of all, he appears to flaunt it. Not for him a tasteful pink prosthesis. No, he wears what has been described as "a hook" - and the tabloids seem to be obsessed by it. Writing in Wednesdays edition of The Guardian, Rod Liddle had it just about right when he said that Abu Hamza looked as if he had been "designed by a committee of Daily Mail news executives." Showing his prosthesis so prominently makes him the perfect bad guy.

While all this tabloid interest in disability was going on, I was reading a book called The Politics of Disablement by academic Mike Oliver. In the book, he points out that disabled people are often marginalised in the media - presented as superheroes, victims or villains. One academic quoted in the book points out that in childrens literature:
"... the disabled adult has often been portrayed as an embittered and menacing character who, like Long John Silver, seeks to manipulate children for their own ends, or as a man bearing a grudge against society who uses his distorted body or artificial limbs in a sinister and aggressive fashion, e.g. Captain Hook."
There we are back with the hook. Abu Hamza has been portrayed almost as a character from a pantomime. Were encouraged to boo and hiss when we see him on the front page. He could be straight out of Peter Pan. He is literally the latter day Captain Hook.

Of course, the tabloid press dont make villains of all disabled people. We can be superheroes as well as villains. On Wednesday - the day after Abu Hamza occupied the whole front page of The Sun - another disabled person was featured on the front of a tabloid. This time it was the Daily Mirror, and the person in question was none other than Simon Weston: "This war is wrong, says Falklands hero Simon Weston."

In the pantomime that is often the British tabloid press, Simon Weston - whom the Mirror dubbed "the scarred veteran" - is the good guy, the man of peace playing opposite Abu Hamza, the villain. And all this at a time of uncertainty over war. Unlike Abu Hamza - who, according to the Express, has supported all sorts of bad guys like Osama Bin Laden - the Mirror told us that Simon Weston had "never fired a shot in anger." Hoorah.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
john bull, are you from southampton? or was it portsmouth?

new topics

top topics

join