It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad:"Israel Can Not Continue It's Life"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
And people are okay with a state that was born out of terrorist bombings and continued attacks on the native population having nuclear weapons? They wouldn't do anything like make bombs with that history of peaceful overtures, right?

[edit on 14-9-2007 by D.E.M.]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Why not let him make bombs? Just about every country surrounding Iran has nukes. Iran has a right to defend themselves. And if the surrounding countries don't like it? They should foot the bill. Not us. Let them send their own nukes and troops. We shouldn't be there.

The only reason the US gets involved is because they have a vested interest in the middle east ($$$). Our troops' lives are going to waste so a few guys at the top can get rich. Meanwhile the gap between rich and poor back home in "civilization" continues to increase.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The problem is that 'IF" the horses arse -the Iranian pres- could really destroy most of Israel (I don't think so) they would be nuked into nothing but glass.

As much of a nut case as he is, he would probably have no problems with that.

The only chance he would have is if they have Russian/Chinese nuclear backing, and I don't think either of them would go to nuclear war over Iran.

Ya know, if Israel's prime minister constantly threatened to kill/wipe of face of planet/map/burn in hell fire Iranians and any to deal with them, I bet the response from many would be very different than it is now, being said by Iran.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am SO amazingly sick and tired of these propaganda tactics.
Stop believing the BS, people!

The sound bytes quoted in the OP DO NOT EXIST IN THE TRANSCRIPT!
Real quote:

Q: You have said that you want Israel off the map. You really cannot accept the existence of Israel?

A: We do not accept or officially recognise Israel. They are occupiers and illegitimate. But our approach is humanitarian. I ask you where is the Soviet Union now - has it been wiped out or not? It has been wiped out without a war. Let the Palestinian people chose.

Let the people chose.
He's not talking war or terrorism.
He's talking about the freedom to chose.

Rather than re-hash the facts I've brought up over and over, I'll just refer you to this thread: Understanding the Iran Dis-info Campaign

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I guess he meant Israel can't continue its existence, Israel will strike Iran before they complete their nuke programme.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I might have slept in history class but wasnt Modern Israel known previously as Cannan? Where the palestinians lived and then when the ROmans conquered they named it Palestine? Then after ww2 boat loads of Jewish holocaust survivors came in and occupied the land driving the palestinians out? The once oppressed Israeli jew became the zionist oppressors?

If all the facts I stated are true then isnt it logical that Israel doesnt have the right to be a nation? I do not want war to break out but shouldnt they have settled somewhere else?

It also seems that the media is trying so hard to drive Iranian hatred into us and any person who speaks out against Israeli war crimes is labeld "anti-semite' or even a "nazi". Its smells of propoganda but I am scared to think how many people will die in the future because of all the hatefull rederict from both sides.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

The transcript came up when I Googled the phrase in question, I assumed the phrase was contained in the text, My bad. I guess the phrase in question did not actually occure in the interview but in a separate speech given, CNN has also quoted the same phrase here....

www.cnn.com...

But Mahmoud Ahmadinejad took a hard line against Israel, calling it "an invader" and saying it "cannot continue its life."

I believe he did indeed say the phrase in question, and notice also, when quoted by the person interviewing Ahmadinejad that he has called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" Ahmadinejad does not deny that he has said this, he just gives a half-baked excuse as to why he has said it.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Two facts that are at the heart of this conflict are:

1. Israel is a sovereign nation. We can like it or not but that's the fact.

2. Palestinian want the land that was given to Israel but they can not have it because Israel is a sovereign nation.

I could go on and say that Jews hate Muslims and Muslims hate Jews but that would be an understatement and I truly believe that most of the people at both sides are either moderate or secular that would agree on something just to put this issue behind them, the only thing getting on the way will be the radicals on both sides.

I would really like to see someone that will step in and give the majority of this folks their wish of leaving in peace and make a decent living.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Slickinfinity

I guess your referring to the biblical cannan where the Israelites defeated the cannanites and took possession of the land as they were directed by God in the bible to do. hence the term "biblical homeland" but from a more modern stand point I found this site interesting.

www.masada2000.org...

cheers,

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
I believe he did indeed say the phrase in question, and notice also, when quoted by the person interviewing Ahmadinejad that he has called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" Ahmadinejad does not deny that he has said this, he just gives a half-baked excuse as to why he has said it.

First off, I did not intend to sound like I was jumping on you specifically. It's starting to drive me a little batty that there has been so much dis-information that has been blindly swallowed concerning Iran.

I strongly advise that you check out the thread I linked to in my above comment.

As to "wiped off the map", if we take if for granted that this is not a bastardization of translation, it still does not mean that Iran intends to attack Israel. As a poster above noted, Israel's claim to it's own soil is questionable at best. Most of the middle east believes it simply shouldn't exist, that it was wrong to hand over the area to Jewish survivors at the expense of the people who rightfully lived there.

Wiping it off the map could simply be a reference to the global community accepting this notion are returning it to it's original and rightful peoples.

Even "Israel Can Not Continue It's Life" (if the statement was made) is not necessarily a cry for war. He could have simply meant that it cannot continue to exist in it's current form, ie as an aggressive oppressor state guilty of attempted genocide.

Think about it. Who's interests do these comments (as we hear them) serve? It's certainly not in Iran's best interests to annoy the US. However, it does serve the interest of the US (and even more so, Israel) rather well. Remember the Iraq WMDs!

I'm not suggesting that Iran is perfect.
I'm saying that we are being offered spoon fulls of crap and recommend that everyone thinks twice before taking a bite.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by the_sentinal

Interesting ty for sharing, after reading the link and its point of view I am gonna have to do a little reading and see what the most credible sources say and even still I have a hard time believing anything anymore because propoganda is everywhere and I have a tough time finding out whats really true.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The problem I have with this guy is I can't tell exactly what he means; I get mixed messages from him.

Like, if he means "Stop Israel's government.", "Stop mistreatment of Palestinians.", etc, then well okay.

But if he means "destroy Israel/kill the Jews/etc etc." no way in hell. I'd support bombing Iran if he means that.

Now, he seems more down to earth and not really racist since he did allow anti-zionist Jews to attend a conference once, but I'm not too sure.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

See, is there people that like to research and find out what is behind our nations government tagging and the propaganda behind the love Israel, hate Iran motto.

Because I do not subscribe to either or, but I care about what this made up conflict is doing to our nation I like to weed the true from the lies.

But many Americans do not do such thing, perhaps because they never liked history or they just don't care to do any research and learning about what happen to Iran once democracy now an enemy and who was the causing influences for them to be the nation that they are today.

Yes it was our nation the USA influences that made the Iran of today.

Yes it was the influences of the USA that made Israel a nation while promising Palestine also sovereignty and then stepping all over them in favor of Israel..

Yes history can tell you everything you want if you really want to know.

BitRaiser as you can see many just go with the propaganda.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
My question--who cares? I live thousands of miles away, as long as we secure oil supplies then let Israel and Iran deal with themselves. And if there is a nuclear war, then we will be able to steal oil and it will solve the Palestinian-Israeli problem.

Also...

I am tired of hearing about the plight of the Palestinians. You are right, Israel was created and it was unfair, but that happened around 70 years ago, long before most of these people were even on the horizon of birth. They need to deal with the facts. They won't get all the land back, as soon as they deal with it, the better off they will be.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Why do we care about isreal? let them go to war, it's not going to affect the usa

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is a power struggle...pure and simple.

One of the problems I have is integrating my own notions of morality and justice with the propaganda of all the interested parties in the region.

For instance from the perspective of the Native Americans I would guess our image of ourselves as a persecuted minority from Europe must have been hard to digest. The country was "taken" from it's aboriginal population for many stated reasons but probably but I would guess mostly for the riches. Here religion was used to justify the hidden agenda...remember manifest destiny?? By the way I don't think this problem is specific to European peoples but is a worldwide affliction.

See that is the difficult part to swallow when you want to perceive yourself as noble and above the "law of the jungle" but your actions indicate otherwise.

Don't get me wrong...I love my country, my town and community but you don't need to look too far beneath the surface to find the schism between our idealization and the reality.

Personally I would rather we become more isolationist and use our resources for our own. I would focus our resources on innovative solutions to our energy problems. The powers that be say we really need that oil...however like many others I suspect it is simple selfishness and not leadership.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
Israel's existence isn't the most moral thing, really. Either way, it can be wiped off the map and it won't affect us. None of our business to get involved in crap like that.

I wonder if America's existence is moral to the native americans in your eyes?

By not 'affecting' US do you mean corporate-America or Americans? Depending on 'how' Israel gets "wiped off the map" I would at the least be emotionally and spiritually hurt from the loss of human life. I am an American btw (from the Cherokee tribe, hehe) so at least one would be affected...

For us to call ourselves a great nation 'under God' I would hope that we mean we would travel cross seas to uphold morals we feel to be Right. If that means preventing other people from being murdered unjustly, I think we should help.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is really a sad, if you look at all the comments in this thread is no surprise why this conflict has not been resolved.

The "anti-Israel" crowd wants Israel to disappear no matter what the consequences.

I don't think that's going to happen, people need to deal with that fact, before any thought of peace could begin to take place.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What is Iran going to replace Isreal with? Islam right? . Okay he wants Isreal to be free, is that freedom with democracy? So what will that mean - non Muslims not allowed in like Mecca and like most of the Mosques you have to take your shoes off no matter which countries they are built in.

His version of freedom will be woman tourist being covered up, and non Muslims being driven out whist all the effort to turn Marsh lands into green fields be turned back to desserts again because they won't have a clue how to keep them green as prior return of the Jews the land was lifeless because no one gave a damn about it to look after it. They care now because something has been made good of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

And we already know what Muslims do when they have freedom. They start to fight each other, case in point Iraq.

I pretty sure that after they done with the Jews then they going to start fighting themselves. Wait! That's already happening between Fatah and Hamas, between #e and Sunny.

Don't they teach nothing else to that people besides Koran and war?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join