It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Large Storm + 1 Large Battery + HAARP = Lots Of Energy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen.. I have a completely 'out there' idea that will probably fall flat on it's face but it came into my mind and I want to share it. lol.

With the worry of global warming and the limited fossil fuels available, we are constantly looking at new ways to provide renewable energy sources. We use Earths natural forces to produce electricity ie wind/ solar/ tidal/ geothermal power.

There is one particular weather event that I have not heard of being used.. Lightning. After a bit of research (30 seconds) I came across this Lightening Power So.. my idea isn't new.

Now there are a lot of people on here believe that HAARP is being used or other weather manipulation techniques exist. If this is true, would it be possible to create artificial lightening storms to power these power stations? There is a tremendous amount of power in a single bolt so if weather maniplation is a reality.. is this really viable? I ask because m knowledge of weather manipulation is limited but it seems like it oculd be a possibility.

50/50

[edit on 14-9-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have heard of using lightning and the energy just floating around to power a small electric motor...

But, how do they fuel the planes to manufacture the weather if this could replace fuels. It would probably cost too much to put the planes up with the seeding technology, just to power some houses.

I don't think people would mind a 24/7 storm ether.

Of course, if enough energy can be created from one storm then this could prove effective.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Actually you can use lightning.. or at least lightning in a bottle. it has to do with manipulating liquid nitrogen. and it can work..but (there is always a but] the requirements to cycle the nitrogen use enough energy to make it not worth while; except for industrial style bursts. so that method is not very practical.

there was also an experiment in the 70's with an high altitude antenna. they thought that ambient frequency out of the constant gas bonding and separation in the atmosphere could be a power source. they tried it and it blew up in their face. they thought it would be a low tapable frequency. however they did not realize that it way way high. the earth spins at close to mach 2.. aka gravity. apply Faraday's field rule to the atmosphere and you get the reason their industrial capacitors blew up into tiny tiny bits (just like the holy hand grenade] and the antenna melted right there in the sky. the lighting style "Tesla bolt"blacked out the local power grid with emp. very neat but still not practical. your idea does have scientific merit i wish you luck.. and stand on rubber.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think that manipulating the weather would require more energy than could be generated by harnassing the lightning. If it takes, say, 100 megawatts of energy to manipulate a storm into creating a bolt which creates 5 megawatts of energy, I don't think that it would be a very lucrative or efficient source of power. :-)
Of course, there's always the possibility that what I just said made no sense, and now I look really dumb. lol

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
My understanding of HAARP is that it is a huge emitter not capacitor. It dances the ionsphere around for whatever purposed. LEMF communication with deep sea subs etc. They orginally built it in Gakona because of the vast natural gas stores. However they have banks upon banks of diesel generators at present. The tesla emitters can bank up to 30 degrees on ball rotator allowing singluating their cumulative power onto a very narrow and finely tuned area. Tesla was building a structure to generate limitless power. It either failed or Rockefeller found out it couldn't be used to generate profit and deep sixed it. It is curious to me how ufo's are photo'd video'd in close proximity to electrical storms and high voltage lines. If the gov didn't raid Tesla's apt and clean the place out we may have some alternative advances in power right now.

top topics

join