It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

riddle me this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
what two words can be best used to describe the following

"refuse to acknowledge or ponder what we don't know but think we do"

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hmmmmmm.................. Two words, eh?
I need to do some thinkin' on this one.........
Wait! I got it!
My guess would be 'George Bush'.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Duh...
DENY IGNORANCE
Your point please???

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
no point, everything's normal?

just observation

one question why would the motto be something that basically means stick head into the sand (i.e refuse to acknowledge or ponder what we don't know but think we do ) , i mean the mind can interpret it both ways (are these techniques to be denied) maybe the more convenient option is for many to choose bliss over the pain of truth (even though they r 2 proud 2 admit it or realize it)

is this hidden in plain sight and insured by the "big lie" psychology

sorry just appears odd maybe to get a list of dissidents and keep them "pacified"

and the kicker is that me and everyone else really enjoy this forum never the less, thus we would be sad to admit it but this would serve it's purpose

i mean heck most mods wouldn't even realize it, NO?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is what "Deny Ignorance" means. It's posted under the 'About ATS Section'. I hope this clears up the misunderstanding your haveing with the meaning of the phrase....

The Motto: "Deny Ignorance"
More than a slogan and deeper than a mission statement, our members have embraced the motto of "Deny Ignorance" as our reson detre, demanding everyone who posts to aspire to a higher standard of participation. These simple two words have galvanized a broad membership base that spans the spectrum from highly speculative conspiracy writers to staunch skeptics. The result is a unique collaboration of diverse individuals rallying under this simple statement to learn from each other, discover new truths, and imagine new ideas that expand minds.

This motto has life. It has purpose. It demands ATS members to think.

It is a state of mind.

It is a sense of purpose.

It is a statement against the paradigm.

It is a rage against the mindless status-quo.

The idea of "deny ignorance" isn't a goal that ATS hopes to accomplish. Instead, it's a challenge. A call to all those who come here to aspire to a higher state of awareness through informed discussion and debate.

Deny ignorance is what we do.

It's how we think. It's how we talk. It's how we listen.

Ignorance is the social disease of history that has clouded our minds and dulled our brains. Is the evil that men do, the reason history repeats, and the cause of intolerance.

We deny it. it's not welcome here. Within these boundaries, it has no strength.

Here, ignorance is denied.

new topics

top topics

join