It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Complete State of the Union Address

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Consumers and businesses need reliable supplies of energy to make our economy run - so I urge you to pass legislation to modernize our electricity system, promote conservation, and make America less dependent on foreign sources of energy..

like this part. maybe now we could go to fusion tech and hydrogen tech. and puting solar pannels on th sides of skycrapers and placing on top of it a wind mill.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The 2/10 years old thing was a flub, no big deal. What was funny however was when he went to shake Cheney's hand after the speech and knocked his water over and it spilled all over the place.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
What was funny however was when he went to shake Cheney's hand after the speech and knocked his water over and it spilled all over the place.

LOL!

Does ANYONE here believe anything he said last night?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It was pure PABLUM.

When they would not stop cheering after his entrance, I was like, what the frock is this? A frocken pep rally? He's nothing but a little pom pom boy. Pathetic.

tr

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The Courier Journal newspaper January the ninth announced that our new(Republican) Governor Ernie Fletcher will ask for an additional 45 MILLION dollar reduction in the State of Kentucky budget. Earlier in the week he lopped 24.8 million. State educators were shocked.(article by Mark Pitsch).

Recently, an article in the Owensboro, Ky. Messenger - Inquirer revealed that 94% of the streams in Daviess County are polluted.

Bill Moyers in his PBS documentary had himself tested for the presence of Chemical pollution and found about six hundred chemicals. As I recall he said that most of us would have at least 600-800 chemicals in our bodies that did not exist 100 years ago.

Busting into schools, police search for drugs, including marijuana, as if they were knights on white horses. Saving damsels in distress. Marijuana is one of the safest therapuetically active substances known to mankind, according to a former administrative law judge of the DEA.

But according to Rush Limbaugh, speaking over my radio here in Kentucky, all environmentalists are "wacko."

We drug test school children yet it has been determined that it is unconstitutional to drug test our governments Congressmen and Senators. (From what I read.) This at a time when our President is hyping the terrorist threats of Chemical agents. I think that for national security reasons our government representatives more than any one should be tested to see if mind control or altering agents have been introduced into their minds.

All in all I'd say the state of this place is FUBAR.

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by tr]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
By far, the funniest part of the speech, was when the camera panned to Hillary Clinton during an extended round of applause. Her expression was worth 10,000 words.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
A couple things I noticed that I thought were funny.....The ---70-- pauses for appluase!!!!!
70 times he stopped so people could clap on que...it was ridiculous...70 times!!How much more info could he have talked about if the had just cut the clapping in half...to a mere 30 pauses for appluase....and i kept noticing bush playing around with his foot when ever they did a side view of him..now this maybe nitpicking of me..but I expect a mature or maybe a interested person giving an important speech.the first couple times i blew it off..but every time his foot was dancing around like he was in line at the movies or something...very childish i feel...if anybody noticed this..then you know what im talking about...nothing he said he cared about..he was just being his usual puppet self...
Oh I almost forgot...at the end he started signing autographs for congressmen...The guy on pbs that was talking about it said he had never seen a president sign autographs for congress after the state of the union.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Bush said:This Nation will not go back to the days of simply shuffling children along from grade to grade without them learning the basics. I refuse to give up on any child - and the No Child Left Behind Act is opening the door of opportunity to all of America's children.

Um. Bush could you bring us your Secretary of Education, Ron Page, so he can tell us the REAL results of those education tests in Houston which were found ot be all LIES instigated by you? Could we talk about that? Oh,nevermind.

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Keep those comments coming. The Google News spider has hit this page 8 times so-far today: www.atsnn.com... ATSNN is the voice of ATS.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Once again the President Bush's speech was great and righ ton the money! I love my president. Glad to hear its getting the goat of all the liberals here LOL. Oh well maybe one day you will understand.
the Dems responce we terrible as usual a house crumbling in on its self. Pelososi is hedios looking as ever. LOL that girl needs another job LOL . I can't stand looking at her , Something about no facial expressions that really freaks me out!!

All in all I would say put another notch in your gun handle President Bush your # 1 and you are going to stay that way with super speeches like the one last night!!

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by KillerT]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The speech was crap and Condi Rice, Cheney, and Colin Powell looked liked demons as they slaughether everything was decent and just in this country.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Did he say "super speeches"???..with bush in the same paragraph????
If anything I thought it was a terrible speech....actually...im a little sick of bush propoganda speeches.....I like it when they kept showing Ted Kennedy shaking his head in disgust when ever bush said somthing ridiculous....

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
Did he say "super speeches"???..with bush in the same paragraph????
If anything I thought it was a terrible speech....actually...im a little sick of bush propoganda speeches.....I like it when they kept showing Ted Kennedy shaking his head in disgust when ever bush said somthing ridiculous....

Now, that was a good part!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
The speech was crap and Condi Rice, Cheney, and Colin Powell looked liked demons as they slaughether everything was decent and just in this country.

I honestly kept thinking they looked like demons aswell..very surreal...they all wear the same damn black/dark blue suit..with blood red ties..its scary...I felt like I was watching a bunch of arisotocrats have thier yearly pep rally on how great they are...and how lucky we are to have them

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
one thing that I thought was interesting was, as the cameras would show the audience....

in the first part of the speech, the camera was put on Sen. Hillary Clinton and the look she had on her face..

to me it was like.. " I should be the one up there giving this speech "

just my tidbit !

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Look, people need to realize that this guy is a killer. He's a killer of humans, a killer of the environment, a murderer of dreams, a killer of science, a destroyer of international relations, killer if ideas, a killer. Him and his corrupt Haliburton controlled adminstration!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti

Originally posted by Colonel

I honestly kept thinking they looked like demons aswell..very surreal...they all where the same damn black/dark blue suit..with blood red ties..its scary...I felt like I was watching a bunch of arisotocrats have thier yearly pep rally on how great they are...and how lucky we are to have them

But did you see the expressoin on their faces! It WAS weird...like demons. I have never seen a person look THAT evil. Honestly, by their features, I wouldn't even invite them into my home or even have a beer with them.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tr
The Courier Journal newspaper January the ninth announced that our new(Republican) Governor Ernie Fletcher will ask for an additional 45 MILLION dollar reduction in the State of Kentucky budget. Earlier in the week he lopped 24.8 million. State educators were shocked.(article by Mark Pitsch).

Recently, an article in the Owensboro, Ky. Messenger - Inquirer revealed that 94% of the streams in Daviess County are polluted.

Bill Moyers in his PBS documentary had himself tested for the presence of Chemical pollution and found about six hundred chemicals. As I recall he said that most of us would have at least 600-800 chemicals in our bodies that did not exist 100 years ago.

Busting into schools, police search for drugs, including marijuana, as if they were knights on white horses. Saving damsels in distress. Marijuana is one of the safest therapuetically active substances known to mankind, according to a former administrative law judge of the DEA.

But according to Rush Limbaugh, speaking over my radio here in Kentucky, all environmentalists are "wacko."

We drug test school children yet it has been determined that it is unconstitutional to drug test our governments Congressmen and Senators. (From what I read.) This at a time when our President is hyping the terrorist threats of Chemical agents. I think that for national security reasons our government representatives more than any one should be tested to see if mind control or altering agents have been introduced into their minds.

All in all I'd say the state of this place is FUBAR.

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by tr]

Yeah TR, I am scared to death of this. I WORK at UofL and we are looking around to see where in the hell we are going to get the funding to pay Ceasar his due.
Along with Bush wanting to make the Federal Tax cut permanent this is very bad economic news as it will force local and state taxes up to make the difference up.

Just so everyone knows, I really loath Ernie Fletcher.

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by observer]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I've been saying it from the start: from the moth long vacation after a couple months on the job, to the record setting number of campaign appearences in his first half of his first term, to the out & out pure disinterest in the gravity of the position. Good God, during all of the calamity he's brought down on the heads of Americans & the world alike he still took a two hour lunch with a jog & nap to boot!!!
Last night was nothing more than stolen campaign air time. Some of what I thought, in others words:
"He provided no accounting of his mistaken or exaggerated allegations about Iraq's weapons in his State of the Union address one year ago. Instead he tried to cover the gap between what he described and what has been found with a brief and tortured reference to "weapons-of-mass-destruction-related program activities." He underlined his intention to transfer sovereignty to an Iraqi administration by the end of June, but he failed to explain how he will overcome political obstacles to that plan or how many troops and how much spending may be needed in Iraq beyond this year. " ( I saw that the price tag would go up another $50 Billion after the election)

"In the face of record deficits, a costly new prescription drug program, and mounting costs in Iraq and Afghanistan, it was as breathtaking ( that's polite; insert IDIOTIC)as it was unsurprising that Mr. Bush repeated his call to make the tax cuts permanent."

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
1. Leave no child behind = All educated the best.
A. What jobs will they have unless they move to China?
2. Renew the Patriot Act = Get steriods out of sports.
B. Have the LA Lakers become Al Quaida?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The first half hour of the address was George Bush
and the second half hour was George Bush because of Drugs. We have a nut in the whitehouse, a certifiable nut. If you or I said what he did last night in public on national TV, we would be locked up and put in a padded room.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join