It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who 'invented' the tin foil hat idea?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Occultist, Robert Bruce says that tinfoil held up to one's solar plexus protects one from a psychic attack. Robert Bruce's information is usually dead on.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Amelie

Is that Robert Bruce the 'Australian Mystic'?
I have not read about the tin foil connection with regards to him, however that would have to be rather recent > 1993 wouldn't it?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Seen a few on TV and heard a few others, but the schizophrenic protection one is the most common one I've seen or heard of - I've known people who have covered their TV's and radios, phones etc in tin foil in the belief that this will protect them from some kind of mind control, whether that be from aliens or government agencies.

Hell, I've got 7, in a range of styles, from fedora to baseball cap, just so I'll have one for every social occasion

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Okay

I just descended from my perch to the bowels (plural) of my home to retrieve the tin foil. I have now climbed upward again to my perch and molded a tin foil hat to my head.

I will devote the time of this day, evening and night with this annoyance now on my head.

I will see if this method of using the tin foil hat will in any way diminish the very annoying high pitch noise blaring in my ears that is extremely annoying.

I will see if this night I pick up any conversation.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by observe50]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthchild
reply to post by Amelie

Is that Robert Bruce the 'Australian Mystic'?
I have not read about the tin foil connection with regards to him, however that would have to be rather recent > 1993 wouldn't it?

Yes, one and the same.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Tried the tin foil hat for the high pitch squelching in my ears....the high pitch never changed.

As far as in the night and going to bed some strange stuff so I am going to try again tonight and see what happens.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

observe50 what happened last night? I'm dying to know.
anything interesting to report?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Last night I had to take my cute little cap off because the girls kept coming into my room and I didn't want them to see there grandma with it on, lol

I am an experiencer as most know. With this hat on it did not take the high pitch I have away.

What I want to check tonight is this:

I notice that on many night between 11:30 and 12:30 a.m. you can hear what sounds like some type of emissions being sent out from the cell towers (I think that's what you call them) I want to see if I can catch anything unusual from that.

The other night when I did have this on I felt as if I was spaced from myself and I could see and hear things but I couldn't make out much. I want to be able to control myself and see if I can get anything.

All I remember is as a people we are pinned up againest the wall and something, something.

Who knows but it never hurts to see if anything happens. I keep you posted.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Nothing I am aware of occurred last night but that doesn't really mean anything it could just be an off night.

If any of my grandkids have to pick a project to do I will suggest they try the tin foil hat.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: earthchild

most People considered those wearing tin foil hats crazy... but I am starting to think they were on to something well before us sheeple caught on.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: observe50

I started wearing magnets to see if that would stop the high pitch sound in my ears... it didn't work.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subcomandante
I heard it was George Baco, the founder of Baco Foil. I might be wrong.

didn't he go on to renolds?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz
a reply to: observe50

I started wearing magnets to see if that would stop the high pitch sound in my ears... it didn't work.

try electricity.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

and what am I supposed to do with the electricity?

wire it to myself?
Add water??
lol

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz
a reply to: tsingtao

and what am I supposed to do with the electricity?

wire it to myself?
Add water??
lol

sure! bang for the buck!

short circuit everything!

a reset is a 100 mil to one but it's worth it.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I put stickers on mine to sprucing it up a bit and making it cool looking.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
at 61 here's my take as I know it....back when I was between 8 and 14, we had a black and white cathode-tubed TV in one of the early homes my folks rented before they bought a house. the TV had rabbit ears...or to the laymen, 2 pieces of tubular metal (antennas) that stuck up from the back of the TV in which the over-air ultra-high frequency (uhf) signal was received, we only had 3 of these signals representing ABC, NBC, and CBS.....in certain geographical areas the signal for one or more of the stations might be in a weak strength zone....so, dad would take Alcoa aluminum foil and twist it around the tops of the rabbit ears to make them a couple of feet longer, it was lightweight, and it increased the strength of the incoming signal....as a kid I would take the left-over torn off aluminum foil and make a hat of it and try and draw in the signal of "aliens", thinking that if it worked for the TV, it could work for me in communicating with "them"...I went to see a lot of the old space movies back then.
edit on 3-9-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Tin Foil hats go way back, remember the Tin woodsman in the 1939 movie the Wizard of Oz?
Of course his hat looked like something you would change the oil in your car with.
Would have been the psychological profile back then.

First time I heard about tin foil hats on the internet was in some old sci crypt posts from the late 80's.
They could have been talking about TEMPEST and the 100 DB of electrical shielding aluminum yields.
Usually cryptographers are Über Mathematicians not electrical engineers so the precise usefulness of a tin foil hat remains a mystery to me.
edit on 3-9-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The very first tinfoil hat was made by the first person to ever see tinfoil. What else can you do with that stuff?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join