It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Serial Killer Confesses to 62 Murders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This guy's motive was to mark all 64 spaces on a chessboard.

How in the world Russian psychiatrists have declared him sane is beyond me.

LINK

"For me, a life without murder is like a life without food for you," Pichushkin bragged in his TV confession. "I felt like the father of all these people, since it was I who opened the door for them to another world."

Police found his chessboard with numbers attached to its squares, all the way to 62, and Pichushkin also used the chessboard to keep stoppers from bottles of vodka he offered his victims, said his lawyer Ivannikov.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't think that anybody that can commit such atrocities can be considered "sane". You have to have a few screws loose to do such things. With that being said, I think they just mean legally sane. Sane enough to stand trial. If you're going to prosecute someone, you'd rather have them pronounced sane so you can lock him/her up in max security rather than having them go to a mental health facility.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I live 2 kilometres away from the public park where those people have been killed. I used to walk or ride my bike there and it's truly disturbing to represent possible consequences...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

How in the world Russian psychiatrists have declared him sane is beyond me.

It is simple. They deem this psycho to be legally sane so they can gain a quick conviction, drag him kicking and screaming from the court room, and place a subsequent bullet hole into the back of his skull.

Sometimes the Russian system of punishment makes sense. If you don't believe me, please review the case of the Rostov Ripper, famed Russian serial killer Andrei Chikatillo. The Russians do not play games with these people.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I wish we did something similar with sex offenders and serial killers (of which this guy seems to be one of the worst) here in the US instead of attempting to "rehabilitate" them.

Actually some cops have it right, a few years ago (about 2002ish) 2 teenage girls were kidnapped out in California and the next day two Kern County Sheriff's deputies pulled over the kidnappers van and turned him into a piece of swiss cheese and rescued the girls. CNN showed a brief segment of the sheriff walking towards the van as the coroner was removing the dead body and you can see him point at the gurney and say "son a b---h got his rehab".

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

It is simple. They deem this psycho to be legally sane so they can gain a quick conviction, drag him kicking and screaming from the court room, and place a subsequent bullet hole into the back of his skull.

I would be in favor of this but I thought the article said he is facing life imprisonment.

I would turn him over to the 62 victim's families and let them decide what brand of justice they would like to dish out.

No need for a trial, he confessed on tape, instead of giving this killer the opportunity to finish his chessboard quest in prison, give him to the families.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
He intended to kill 64 people on the chess board. This number is actually very special and the 8x8 grid of a chess board is considered a special number arrangement as well.

If you count all the rows, columns, and diagonals (both ways) you get the number 260. 260 is the human gestation period in days, and it is also the number of days on the personal Mayan calendar. There exist other sacred meanings to this number as well...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Russia has held a moratorium on executions since 1996, when they joined the Council of Europe. So they haven't executed any criminals for about a decade, and, by the looks of it, Russia intends to hold that moratorium.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This is one warped dude, more info total now 63, and some twisted revelations of the killer in this new article on the chessboard killer :

Man who confessed to 63 murders says first killing was 'unforgettable'

A man accused of killing dozens of people and keeping count of them on a chessboard reveled in the memory of his first murder at his trial Tuesday, saying "it's like first love - it's unforgettable," news reports said.

Alexander Pichushkin also insisted that prosecutors charge him with all the murders he has taken credit for, saying to do otherwise would be unfair, RIA-Novosti and Interfax reported.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

In this we might learn something from our Russian brethren. I'd like to see the same treatment extended to pedophiles.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Actually Russia does not have capital punishment in place right now, and what you describe pretty much ended with the collapse of Soviet Union.

The problem is actually the opposite - many killers and criminals get off easy with short convictions. Very rarely is life imprisonment given, and to my knowledge no death penalties have been given by the courts for over a decade. Many murderers (and I am talking 1st degree in US terms) get as little as 10-15 years, if not less. This is a major problem, as this is not an adequate way to prevent premeditated murder, and many psychoes are released from prison instead of being locked in an asylum.

There was recently a major public outcry in Russia on the issue, when the judge gave the last remaining Beslan School Seige terrorist a sentence of life in prison, instead of the death penalty. Many people would love to see him hang, as he expressed no remorse.

Now this is not to say that there is no government mandated executions in Russia, because there are - mostly in for Chechen Islamic terrorists and insurgenets. But those executions are done foregoing any trial, and are thus unofficial. But yeah - in the USSR days scum like this would have been shot the same day he was found guilty, and dumped without a grave.

top topics

join