It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Have All The Fat Kids Gone??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Where Have All The Fat Kids Gone?

In Britain at the moment the government is going mad about fatty foods.so much so that there are discussions of an unhealthy food tax!! their main target is children.the youth of today apparantly eat too much of the wrong food.(of course it would help if healthy food,such as fruit,was cheaper!)parants are breeding a generation of fattys!!

But is this true? where i live,there are 2 primary schools and a bus stop for several senior schools.there are also plenty of families on my estate with young children.and i can honestly say that from the kids i have seen,not one of them is even close to being overweight never mind being morbidly obese.....

....side track.2 relatives of mine,both in their 40's weigh 14/15 stone('bout 196 lb.)in todays world they would be classed as overweight and unhealthy.yet they go hiking and cycling on a regular bases.they have out-walked ppl half their age.yet the government looks at 'em and says,"fat!" rugby players weigh about similar,sometimes more.are they overweight? no! apperance has nothing to do with health.there are plenty of "slim" ppl who's insides are knackered!

back to the kids....i was just wondering where they all are! have you see 100's of them walking the streets,in playgrounds etc? where has the government seen these fat kids? showing one or two morbidly obese kid in the paper does not mean that is the majority. does anyone else wonder where these kids are? does anyone else wonder why the government is trying to control what we eat? why is such a thing aimed at the working class?? after all,you can't see politians,rich people and the upper classes putting up with being told what to eat!!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
that's good if you dont see them where you are.. but here in the U.S. MAN! it's hard to find the thin ones sometime... we have a very bad overweight problem in america eith our kids, i wish i was able to ask the same question your asking.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yeah,i know.Over here we always say you Yanks do everything bigger

Seriously though,i know its a problem for you.I've always wondered that parents who let their kids get morbidly obese,especially at a young age,can't they be done for a child abuse?

join