It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Will Attack Iran in 8-10 months Because Of Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

US Will Attack Iran in 8-10 months Because Of Germany

www.jpost.com

Germany's unwillingness to impose further sanctions on Iran has pushed the United States closer towards a decision on a military strike, FOX News reported on Wednesday.

Germany's decision has spurred senior US army officials to try and convince US Foreign Secretary Condoleezza Rice to abandon once and for all the diplomatic route of preventing a nuclear Iran
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Germany could be once again accused of starting a world war.

The report further stated that the date of preference for an attack against Iran is in eight to 10 months - after the US presidential candidates for both the Democrats and the Republicans have been chosen, but before the major presidential campaign kicks off.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-9-2007 by The_Coo]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Coo

What rubbish. Not everyone is as annoyed at Iran as many in the US seem to be.
If I ran a business and someone from Iran wanted to buy, I would be as happy to sell to them as I would to sell to Israel

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The J Post have an agenda,it seems to me that they are wishing to push the US into another proxy war for Israel.
Who runs the J post?
Need we ask...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thats like saying America was attacked on 911 because of Israel.

Well, that would be more truthful than the title of this thread. 911 happened because of their occupation of Palestine.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
EU is Iran's biggest trading partner I believe,
So you cannot blame an EU member state for wishing not to damage their economic links.

And yes, JPost does have an agenda.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I remember all the flak France was taking from Fox just before the Iraq invasion , Fox will probably start to demonise another country the same way in the months ahead.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Maybe the US admin has decided they want to be "best mates" with Sarko now instead of Merkel..
That could be why the shift has occured.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well the position of "Nicolas Sarközy de Nagy-Bocsa" on Iran is clear (despite in his latest declarations it wasn't so clear.Anyway, i know that from one his advisers who's been interviewed recently) in essence:

1-The Iranians can't get nuclear weapons -> they have to understand that.They must cease any nuclear research/development.
2-A war with them is thelast option, meaning : all the possible diplomatic negotiations and/or sanctions need to be engaged.

Simple as that....

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hi themaster,
I am just worried that Bushco are thinking they have reached that point already,and that Sarko may be an easier arm twist than Merkel over the matter.
In essence this is kind of blaming of the Germans for what the US Gov. really want to do anyway,IMHO.
One of those
"Oh those darned Germans don't want any more sanctions-well I guess that signals the end to "diplomacy" then." type of deals...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I am beginning to be really embaraased at the voices that are running my country now. I mean dang now we are blaming our friends for our problems because they dont want to hate the people they get along with but we dont.

Man, I would not hold it against Germany if they decided "ok well then I dont think you will be needing this airforce base here seeing as we are such lousy friends n all".

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
DYepes-
Don't feel embarrassed Bro it ain't your fault.
And even if the governments are fussing amongst themselves most of us in the UK/Europe are not anti the American people at all as we realise that although its all about money,power and control for certain Governments-It is the people who have made all of the sacrifices,and the people who are being forced into certain actions by their government.
So I for one feel respect for you guys(but not much for your currant Gov.).
Just get rid of those diebold machines before next election OK...then you've got a chance at getting Ron Paul in!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Yeah that's what i'm afraid of (hence my post to enlighten to lost minds within the depths of the recycled & non up-to-date informations) but at the same time i don't see any back up from any euro country (at the moment) i'm not even sure the brits would engage a war... at the moment still.I could be wrong.
Looks like Bush is ready to "blast some ass" (i'd say as usual) and strangely enough (maybe by arrogance/fear i don't know) the Germans too.

It seems the U.S Gov found an ally ready for whatever not to forget the dollar plunge which is far from preventing the worst in the middle east.

It's "D-Day" - a few months now (not laughin' out loud)

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This has been under discussion since the report on WEDNESDAY! :www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

join