It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dowsing at the Rollrights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
About four years ago I went to the Rollright Stones near Oxford, which is a stone circle believed to be about 5000 years old.

While I was there, a group of dowsers appeared, took out their rods and started wandering around the perimeter of the circle. Intrigued, I began to talk with them and was offered a pair of rods to try out.

At first nothing happened then, as I reached a certain point, the rods turned and crossed. When I left the area, they went back to their original parallel positions. When I went back, they crossed yet again and continued to do that whenever I entered that particular area. It felt similar to a magnetic pull. I have no idea what happened, and don't know what caused it. My wife also experienced this at the same points around the circle.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Perhaps you should have packed a shovel.

Dowsing rods have many purposes which incude the search for items underground. They're even used to detect ghostly activity. There could have been an underground source causing the rods to move. I've never used these rods myself, but I'd love to gain some experience.

new topics

join