It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Bush's Kid Brother Neil Getting Federal Funding?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Why Is Bush's Kid Brother Neil Getting Federal Funding?

www.alternet.org

So here's a tidy little racket: After being installed president thanks to a voting fracas in a state conveniently governed by your brother, cook up a national educational curriculum and place at its center the standardized test. Give the curriculum a name with a wink and a nudge, like, oh, "No Child Left Behind." Then, funnel taxpayer money to equipping schools with a gimmicky learning device focused on standardized tests and sold by your other brother
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I only recently watched farenheit 9/11, so the story of the presidential campaign and the nepotism with which Dubya gets his way is still fresh in my mind.

It amazes me how US politicians are always building dynasty's and, it seems, will stop at nothing to ensure they are seen by history in as favourable a light as possible.

Ok, so anything to do with education is usually a good thing - but this has come in for a lot of criticism for allegedly teaching kids to learn by rote, rather than think for themselves.

And then you have the addition of dubya further enriching his own family - is there no depth these guys won't stoop to in pursuit of a few more dollars?
When is enough, enough?
And why are they allowed to get away with this time after time?

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It's not that difficult to figure out what this COW is.

It's basically a modified computer for the classroom and is programmed with a lot of educational materials for different subjects.

It's only been sold to 13 out of the approx. 14,000 school districts in the U.S., so it's not exactly like this is being required by law or something.

And as far as the No Child Left Behind Act, Neil Bush has actually been on the record criticizing it.

join