It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PATRIOT 2 HERE WE COME!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
They might catch the stoners, when I went to HS all the rich prep kids from jr high turned Coke heads, coc aine not staying in your system as long and can get it out faster than the doochie.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I created an ATSNN story of some reaction to Bush's patriot act mention in last night's state-of-the-union. Since ATSNN is now being picked up by Google News... here's your chance to make your voice widely known on this issue: www.atsnn.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisnolefan
what could they do to you if you failed a drug test anyway? throw you out of school, yeah that would be good
but really, what could they do?

I'm pretty sure it would involve a profit of some sort.

How could anyone defend mandatory drug testing in schools? Privacy is of no importance, eh?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Bush still has 11 months of power until elections. If another terror happens he will gain that same power of hilter, declare marshall law and the americans will be stuck with him for a while.

Then expect the draft
Military camps

"Join us to go to jail"

"Your with us or you are with them"

World War 3, New World Order

Excutions of inteligent people.

What a nightmare.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
"I could understand known drug addicts having to undergo tests, but high school drug tests usually involve just randomly testing people with no reason."

Long before the so-called Patriot Act's, what you mention has always been done about as far back as I can remember......military does random drug testing, many government jobs do random drug testing, big corporations do random drug testing, college atheletes underwent random drug testing, and the list goes on.

regards
seekerof

You signed a waiver too right?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
"I could understand known drug addicts having to undergo tests, but high school drug tests usually involve just randomly testing people with no reason."

Long before the so-called Patriot Act's, what you mention has always been done about as far back as I can remember......military does random drug testing, many government jobs do random drug testing, big corporations do random drug testing, college atheletes underwent random drug testing, and the list goes on.

regards
seekerof

Those organizations are allowed to randomly test because they're either private organizations or because there's a compelling interest to do so. So, here in Kansas, they're allowed to randomly test high school athletes (to ensure competitive balance), but they're not allowed to randomly test students. I believe the Supreme Court has backed up this argument, can't remember the case citation though.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I believe you're correct on that score smimeman. Oh, speaking of checking stuff. How come Buish didn't talk about the result of the 9-11 investigations since he likes to bring it up so much?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I believe you're correct on that score smimeman. Oh, speaking of checking stuff. How come Buish didn't talk about the result of the 9-11 investigations since he likes to bring it up so much?

Given Bush's propensity for talking up 9-11, you can guarantee that if the investigations had turned up anything even REMOTELY positive for him, he'd be beating us to death with it by now. Therefore, the complete lack of information regarding the investigations leads to only two possible conclusions:

a) The investigations were unfavorable to Bush, and have thus been squashed;
b) There WERE no investigations, only more lies from those who are so practiced at telling them.

To this observer, it seems that both are equally likely.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
9/11 investigations..haha...we will never know the truth behind any of that.

Drug testing in high schools is definetly a violation of privacy, but there arent any federal laws that specifically prohibit it, I wouldnt put up with that # if they did it to me. I dont know who Bush was trying to impress with his stance on drug testing and steroid testing, when will they learn, people will ALWAYS do drugs no matter what, it cant be stopped. Drug testing just makes people's lives a hassle in high school, most of whom never did drugs in the first place...we cant get rid of drugs, might as well legalize marijuana as we would have a lot less problems, and could focus on things that really matter. If someone wants to do drugs, they will, in my opinion. Lets not forget how many people each year die related to alcohol and tobacco, and even bush himself has drunk driving convictions on his record. How many people have died directly from steroids or marijuana? None that I know of. But the government makes a fortune from tobacco and alcohol. Think back to prohibition, what did banning alcohol do? Created more and more crime. And lets also forget the billions of dollars made for the United States from CIA drug sales.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Personally I have always been against drug testing, I feel it is an invasion of privacy. I think what a person does behind closed doors is his own business. Whats next? Drug test at the grocery store to buy groceries?
With the way the patriot act is worded the government could label you a terrorist because you funded terrorism by buying a little pot for personal consumption. I'm getting fed up with this damn dictatorship regime that is being created here in the USA!

Little by little our freedoms are being stripped away.
The fathers of this country must be rolling in their graves!

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceDenied
Personally I have always been against drug testing, I feel it is an invasion of privacy. I think what a person does behind closed doors is his own business. Whats next? Drug test at the grocery store to buy groceries?
With the way the patriot act is worded the government could label you a terrorist because you funded terrorism by buying a little pot for personal consumption. I'm getting fed up with this damn dictatorship regime that is being created here in the USA!

Little by little our freedoms are being stripped away.
The fathers of this country must be rolling in their graves!

you better learn to love it because no one is going to do a damn thing about it. think about this, look at how taxes seem to go up all the time, here where i live it's about every year. i don't hear anyone say anything about it or even threaten to do anything about it, we are just slaves, plain and simple. i hate to say it, because i rant and rave about everything to everyone, but america is screwed.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Drug testing is just one invasion of privacy of many, and it isnt even included in the patriot act...we could also get into the whole drug debate...like is marijuana really bad enough to be illegal? I guarantee you if the government could compete price wise with central america (or be able to enforce taxes/tariffs on imported weed), they would probably have legalized marijuana...they make a fortune off tobbaco and alcohol taxes. And these drugs kill way more than marijuana ever has or will.

[Edited on 31-1-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
war on drugs my ass! they need to start random drug testing politicians.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by enomus
war on drugs my ass! they need to start random drug testing politicians.

we wouldn't have anyone to vote for if they did that, hell dubya is probably stoned of his ass right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join