It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PATRIOT 2 HERE WE COME!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Who saw the state of the union...Bush is now saying that he intends to keep the patriot acts, as they are needed to take care of the "terror threat"
(even though there havent been any terror attacks in the US since 9/11)
Basically, he will probably create an even worse version of the patriot, and take more of our freedoms away. anyone that votes for bush is voting to tear down the constitution and the bill of rights

Yay, police state!!

BUSH COULDNT EVEN SAY "WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION" WITHOUT STUMBLING OVER HIS OWN WORDS!!!

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
you say this and the state of the unino isnt even over yet

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Yes...I am watching it right now. Did you miss the part about the patriot act and how it helps fight terrorism?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Here we go...Bush now talking about keeping kids off drugs with school drug testing...he really has a great track record in these matters. Lets not forget that the LEGAL drugs kill way more people than illegal drugs ever have, and Bush was a well known drunk driver back in texas.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
u are right Shoktek, Dubya had a very dominating presence. i think the terrorists *cough**cough* George Dubya*cough* are about to pull some # in america so those in control can have all the power they desire.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
Here we go...Bush now talking about keeping kids off drugs with school drug testing...he really has a great track record in these matters.

Isn't this an invasion of privacy, a violation of the 4th Amendment?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
He said he was going to put 21 million dollars into drug testing at high schools I believe...technically its not infringing our rights, because schools are public institutions, and I guess they do have the right to do drug tests, search your vehicle in a school lot, search backpacks, etc. Still, since high school is basically required, you shouldnt feel uncomfortable that you could just be sitting in math class and all of a sudden have to go urinate into a cup while people watch you. Theyre really skimming the lines of our rights with this...

I could understand known drug addicts having to undergo tests, but high school drug tests usually involve just randomly testing people with no reason.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
"I could understand known drug addicts having to undergo tests, but high school drug tests usually involve just randomly testing people with no reason."

Long before the so-called Patriot Act's, what you mention has always been done about as far back as I can remember......military does random drug testing, many government jobs do random drug testing, big corporations do random drug testing, college atheletes underwent random drug testing, and the list goes on.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
i just graduated high school last year, i really think they will have a tough time implementing that b/c you can just threaten to leave that school and attend another and they worry too much about losing tax dollars. of course, $20+ million would probably more than take care of that.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
military does random drug testing, many government jobs do random drug testing, big corporations do random drug testing, college atheletes underwent random drug testing, and the list goes on.

And...are you saying you agree with random drug testing in PUBLIC SCHOOLS? Random drug testing for employment in the military or corporations, or college athletics is perfectly fine...you dont want to hire people who are coc aine addicts, or have players on steroids (although most are anyway)...it is a COMPLETELY different story subjecting teenagers to drug testing at high schools.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
what could they do to you if you failed a drug test anyway? throw you out of school, yeah that would be good
but really, what could they do?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Most likely they might just make you do some kind of rehab program, maybe search your locker and anything else for drugs, put you on probation, probably worse things as well...but I would regard it as an invasion of privacy in the first place.

And you would probly have follow up drug tests every month or so.

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

Originally posted by Seekerof
military does random drug testing, many government jobs do random drug testing, big corporations do random drug testing, college atheletes underwent random drug testing, and the list goes on.

And...are you saying you agree with random drug testing in PUBLIC SCHOOLS? Random drug testing for employment in the military or corporations, or college athletics is perfectly fine...you dont want to hire people who are coc aine addicts, or have players on steroids (although most are anyway)...it is a COMPLETELY different story subjecting teenagers to drug testing at high schools.

I agree with this guy. A pre-employment drug screen, a drug screen instituted for suspicion of use, or if you are injured at work, or random UA's in the job or military is a different story than drug testing high school kids. I can see doing it if there is reasonable suspicion that they use, but I can't see using a bunch of money to randomly test kids. Why not buy them new text books or something useful?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Shotek, when I registered for college, guess what, I got hit with a drug test .....I registered again, in furthering or continuing on my previous college, and BAM, guess what, drug test......

I'm no football player, no baseball player, don't play any type college sports....but got drug tested....

Point being, its becoming the norm Shotek, and believe it or not, it was inevitablely coming to the public school systems.....many high dollar private schools do it already where I live and in parts of North Carolina....again, it was inevitable that it was going to be talked of being instituted in public schools.

Schools can control "no weapons" in school, etc......
Drug testing was a matter of time and was coming anyhow....the students will deal with it as they have always dealt with things.

Side note: when I went to school, they were paddling misbehavior in the school hallways dude.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
saw the state of the union talk...the first 3/4 seemed to talk about whats has allready happened. the last part talked about how the govt is going to crawl further into your personal life. when bush gets reelected be prepared for more intrusion of govt in your daily life. since whenit is the federal govt job to decide the direction of your personal life or at least throw alot of $$ into areas that he govt traditional has and should stay out of. drug testing in high school?? whats next...drug test to enter jr high?? did his little blurb on marraige hint of anything other than male/female relationships possible being ilegal?? another govt sponsered saving account for medicine? And not to mention the hard line on new and past terrorisim legislation..if you can call it that....hmmmm maybe john titor was real................................

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
dubya made some strong points, definately hinting that our freedoms are short-lived. but he will get his way, ya know the whole nwo-illuminati-skull and bones thing. its for REAL!!!

and the bad thing is he knows he will get away with it, we cant do much to stop him.

anyone know of an island for sale? maybe we can all move there and have FREEDOM.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
By the time you do organize and fight back, it will be too late. The masses are too dumb to organize any resistance now.
Take your tests, Give up your so called Liberties and bow to the grand master as you have always done.
A New Age is amongst us and every country is participating and the United States will take its lead.

Personally, I dislike Bush. Prefer Kerry. A more honorable man.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Seekerof, a drug test in college is different as well. No one is making you go to college, but high school is required by law until a certain age, which is why they shouldnt have random drug testing. Yea, if someones a known drug dealer or addict, I could understand, but high school is not the place for this.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Maybe distribution is the main focus. The 'great thinkers' behind this are quite possibly thinking that by 'catching' kids doing drugs, they will probably cut down on drug distribution In and outside of the school.

But then its gonna be funny to see all the civil rights cases that are no doubt gonna arise from all of this, then youll turn on CNN (or some other 'reputable' news source), and see these cute little bar graphs about how more blacks were drug tested than whites, or minority this or minority that, and theres a good chance it might not be so long lived afterall.

---and I have to add, also, that if its only urinalysis, that is quite laughable. In its current state, UA can be easily defeated by anyone. There are far too many methods to mention here, but it should be noted that determined pot heads will do anything.....

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by DjNothing]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join