It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: State of the Union: "Americans are rising to the challenge of history"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
As is typical, President Bush entered a cheering Congress, for his post-war State of the Union address. "America, this evening is a nation called to great responsibilities. And Americans are rising to meet them."

Bush opened his speech with an immediate reference to American soldiers and law-enforcement making the country a more secure place. He even gave reference to the scanning of passenger flight manifests, to standing ovation. But his reference to "advances in health care" saw a groan and shaking head from Ted Kennedy. More to follow.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Let us know if he said anything that wasn't a clique.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I cought notice of the comments referenced to the Patriot Act,...and how it has also been applied to drug dealers, and other 'internal' criminal activity.

and the first hardened big time, national security threatening criminal target they went for ?.....

TOMMY CHONG...of Cheech and Chong,..

for selling bongs on the internet, legally, licenced, and taxes paid and accepted.

Yes this is an effective weapon against terror.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is he using this as a forum to try to rationalize war. in the first half hour nothing has been said to the state of the union, which as far as I'm concerned, is Jobs, Economy, Health Care.......
It seems like he is trying to talk to all other countries other than ours.

I like how the dems applauded when Bush said that parts of the Patriot Act were about to expire. Bush had that smirk on his face---> I'm a cowboy, don't mess with Texas

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Bush said employment was on the rise.

*8.4 million people do not have jobs (dec. stats)

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
More complete coverage is in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
I like how the dems applauded when Bush said that parts of the Patriot Act were about to expire. Bush had that smirk on his face---> I'm a cowboy, don't mess with Texas

LOL. I applauded at home sitting in front of the TV, I didn't expect it to be echoing through my speakers. I 'bout laughed my things off when I saw Bush's smirk and his flash of the 'evil's'.

"Why are these people clapping? (This reminds me to get on the phone to Echelon, I need some phone calls tapped and some Dem's framed before this thing expires)."

[Edited on 1-21-2004 by insite]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I believe that God has planted in every heart the desire to live in freedom. And even when that desire is crushed by tyranny for decades, it will rise again.

When I heard Dubya say that, I told my wife (KayEm) and my Mother in Law that I agreed. KayEm of course knew exactly what I was saying. That even when the desire to live in freedom is crushed by the tyranny of the Bush adminsitration, it will rise again. Needless to say, my Mother in Law (who is a Republican) misconstrued my agreement.

new topics

top topics

join