It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you feel pain in dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Back in elementary, I was about 7 or 8 maybe younger, I remember having a dream that really stuck in my head, to this day, it still makes me wonder. Unfortunately, I don't remember the beginning details of it but in this dream I was rescuing a girl, (In real life this girl was in my classes and I guess you can say I had sort of a crush on her if you will), she was being chased by a giant robot, sort of "transformerish" if you will. Anyway, at a certain point of my dream I managed to pick up this girl in my arms and start to carry her away, I guess I was running.

At this point, I turn up to look at the robot. The robot was standing behind something, a house maybe? Well, as I turn up to look at it, it started to fire bullets and mini rockets at me. As soon as I got hit by one of those bullets I slowly started to slip back into consciousness. The bullet hit me on the upper chest, lower shoulder area. My left side.

As I was waking up, I could not help but notice that I was feeling the pain of the bullet that hit me. The pain went from extreme to nothing, in essence, it faded away as I awoke. Even as I was halfway between unconsciousness and consciousness I could feel the pain, and when I was fully awake I felt soreness, and then it went completely away.

Now I ask. Can people feel pain in dreams? Can people physically feel in there dreams? All these years this dream has bothered me because I have not had a dream like this one since then. I've had very strange dreams but none were I physically felt anything, specially when I was still partially awake.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I thought our dreams are created around what is actually happening in the real world. For example, your room is cold, then that will be noted in your dreams. Have you noticed when ever you want to goto the toliet badly in your dreams, and never find a toliet
, you are actually needing to go in the real world.

All the pain i've ever felt seems to match with the way i'm sleeping at that moment. But i think there's a delay in your dreams as it takes time to create a reason for it to hurt.

This is how i see it anyways...

Btw, i've never had a nightmare before... Can anyone explain this? lol is this a good thing?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yes, true, but this was different. The way I see it, it is your mind creating the sense of "feelings", but apart from this particular dream, I have never had another were I have actually, physically felt something, in this case, pain.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I can feel pain

It is tickling that is so intense, it is not possible to naturally feel this way. It is so painfull that I can't stand it for more than one second, so I have to wake myself up.

It is worse than when a one inch piece of wood was deeply impaled into my foot. Now that was the worse pain I ever felt in reality, but in my dreams, there's no comparison.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
OH and if a nation is able to master this type of torture, it would be the worst pain that anyone could possibly feel. And I would say this is far more effective than physical pain.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I have felt pain in my dreams before. The most noteable was after I had fallen asleep thinking about the movie 'the passion of christ'. I fell asleep thinking "I wish I could have done something. I wish I could have taken some of the pain for him" In my dream, Satan came to me and asked if I really thought I could have handled taking some of the pain for him. Anyway, long story short, after only a moment, I was convinced that only the son of God could go through that much pain and never falter.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
for sure i have been shot and stabbed in my dreams and felt the pain..i dont know what it feels like in real life to be shot or stabbed but im sure it was the same..the pain was immense.. it's weird to me how u can feel something thats "not real" how does that work??? also i can taste in my dreams..sometimes i dream of eating (hahaha all fat ass sounding) and i taste the food and i even wake up full.. also i seem to have a lot of sexually charged dreams and i FEEL everything and i mean EVERYTHING. i have also been burned in my dreams and felt it too..sometimes i dream my teeth fall out and i wake up and my teeth are throbbing but i thnki grind them in my sleep...

whats up with feeling stuff in dreams though? crazy.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
also i seem to have a lot of sexually charged dreams and i FEEL everything and i mean EVERYTHING.

What did you eat before you went to bed??? because what ever it was...Im fixing it for dinner.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
TheBadge,

When you "feel" these things do they all differ from one another or is it the same "feeling", just different levels of intensity? I to also would like to see how that works, scientifically. Is it an illusion of the senses?

mrsdudara,

I wouln't mind having some of that magical food myself....

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
hahahaha i dont really eat anything before bed so sorry about that jajaja

anyway...the feelings are just real feelings i would have in real life.. real pain..real "extacy" etc.. i honestly dontknow why it happens but its like real life but im dreaming.it sucks to feel pain in dreams..like when i got "shot" it felt like being torn and burnt in the area i was shot etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Last year, I had a dream where this cute girl, maybe 1-2 years younger then me, walked up to me and kissed me right on the lips, I felt it and all…probably no. 7 on my best dreams list ever….it felt so damn good too.

How does that work…. being kissed in a dream and feeling it……?

[edit on 16-10-2007 by andre18]

top topics

join