It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best survival watch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Casio G-shock? Suunto Compas watch? Rolex automatic?

I have a G-Shock solar, after over one year lost in the closet, I found it yesterday and it comes to live when I picked it up (power-saving off mode). Time is current, no adjustment necessary, what a no hassle watch, no compass or alti etc function tho...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I have a casio g-shock as well and i must say that they are some of the most durable watches i have ever owned. i used to have a pro trek (amoung others) but my line of work at the time (in the infantry) meant that they were put through their paces. the g-shock was the only one that lasted the distance. took it on operations, diving, live firing, tropical heat, lots of impacts to the watch itself and it still goes very well all i have had to do is change the battery, it even has the original strap.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You mention you changed the battery in your g-shock....is it the Solar one? I've got one that won't hold a charge very long.. maybe a day or 2 without lots of direct light. Is the battery in it special? I'm assuming it would be a rechargeable.. where can I find one? Thanks
Ron

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
A Seiko self winder in a stainless steel case with tritium dial indiactors. Fairly bomb proof and definitely EMP proof. Yes, it's old and clunky mechanical technology but it's can be read at a glance even in pitch blackness.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rmetts

Never need to change battery (yet). Mine is here. (ebay link)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rmetts

mine is not a kinetic or solar... its just a normal g-shock with phone number storage 2 time zones... so thats why i needed to change the batt

(post by JamesSmith2019 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join