It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oh my =[

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i'm psychic and i've noticed that i've been less able to tap into my 'abilities', per se. i was wondering ...is it just me?? or could it possibly be something that is affecting everyone??
because i've never heard of any one suddenly becoming less psychic....

-Kt

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Unless you have been practicing quite frequently, most psychics lose their ability as they grow older. I've been recently practicing using psychic ability's, but they aren't as strong as they would have been if I started at the age of 6 or 7, (I'm 15 years of age).

[edit on (9/13/0707 by Hexidecimal]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
yeah i've heard that before

i had been getting really good
but then stuff happened with my friends and i got distracted and stopped pretty much altogether

lets see...i figured i was psychic when i was about....9.

then i got more interested in it and started looking up ways to help me become "better" at the age of ....12 i think.

i had almost two years of practice after that then i think i kinda just blew it.

any thing you suggest i do?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Daily meditation is a must. Set aside 15-30 minutes to practice it. I use breathing meditation, just because it's easier for me. Confidence is also important, don't shrug off something as a coincidence.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
yeah i've been starting to meditate again
i just can't find the time to do it for some reason
but i make time now

=]]

thanks for you help buddy

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KtmdPB
yeah i've been starting to meditate again
i just can't find the time to do it for some reason
but i make time now

=]]

thanks for you help buddy

No problem.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I don't think psychics are real.

But please I would love for anyone to prove me wrong.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lukekilla4

Me neither, and its the easiest thing to prove.... 'you're psychic, ok, now tell me what is going to happen in the next hour?'

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Is it that your brain is healing and you are becoming less psychotic and not "psychic"? Go head spank me for a one liner, I just had to do it

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

Originally posted by Lukekilla4

Me neither, and its the easiest thing to prove.... 'you're psychic, ok, now tell me what is going to happen in the next hour?'

you are operating from an erroneous notion of what being "psychic" is all about. it's not about knowing the future. it's about connecting with the fabric of consciousness in a way that allows you to communicate "through the veil."

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by KtmdPB
i'm psychic and i've noticed that i've been less able to tap into my 'abilities', per se. i was wondering ...is it just me?? or could it possibly be something that is affecting everyone??
because i've never heard of any one suddenly becoming less psychic....

-Kt

You ARE "Psychic". Don't you think it is ironic that you don't already know the answer?

I hope you better your trolling skills.

Take care,

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I, personally, slowly lost most of the psionic abilities I've developed during my senior year of highschool, I just became too preoccupied with my friends, and then during my college years, schoolwork just put a constraint on my free time and my priority was sleeping and relaxing.

But, after a tragic event this summer (2007), well tragic in my own mind, I went through a series spiritual awakening again during the month of june, and developed new abilities and managed to awaken a few old one.

I believe my strongest ability developed was Clairaudience, I just became so in tuned with everything that surrounded me, and so focus on finding answers, that I was able to hear things, telepathy? I don't know, but I stop searching, after I heard a conversation between two men...it was the answer I was looking for.

Unfortunately, college started again for me, so I haven't been able to find time to maintain or develop my newly found abilities, however for some reason, I have a feeling its going to be different this time.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Loosing ESP abilites does happen. I have clairvoyanic abilites, but have found for quite some time that they seem less 'present' as I grow older. I'm only 19, but when I was younger, especially at the age of 16 or so, they were very, very present. I knew & felt things that helped me a lot.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i'm just gonna ignore those people who are saying i dont exist...

yeah.

anyways

i had been like really preoccupied with school and [bad] friends

but i just now started to meditate again

and i'm getting the old familiar dreams/feelings/etc. again.

needless to say, i'm very happy. =]

thanks for all your help everyone!

oh and could someone explain why my abilities would be lessened by not focusing on it??

-kt

[edit on 15-9-2007 by KtmdPB]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I know this has been used alot, but think of your psychic abilities as skill, lets say drawing, and your in the process of developing it, but then you decided to stop, and was interested in other things. A few months later you try drawing again, and did worse then last time? What happen? We just all get rusty.....if we don't practice, its nothing mysterious.

Also, most humans are actually weakmind, sometime the things people tell us may make us question our belief, and while we may not believe them, the lingering uncertainty might stagger and put our progression to a halt.

But you don't want to stay ignorant, some events or occurances does have logical explanation, but for others, well thats the fun part.

Oh and those who want to get your abilities back, based on experiences, it seems as though you have to that certain something that sparked a catalyst and cause you to develop your abilities in the first place. Oddly enough for it was the self philosophy of life for me, and what triggered my ability again was the aspect of experiencing death (well, based on my intuition, I don't thing he's dead anymore), but the thought of it, was my catalyst.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by skyblueff0]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
oh well yeah that makes sense

ok so basically i need to be more in tune with my abilities and meditate

thanks people =]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I have been reading everything I can get my hands on about the paranormal all my life, and I don't think I can remember ever reading anyplace before about losing psychic ability as you get older.

I prefer to think your instincts, and I believe that is all psychic ability is, instincts, sharpen and refine as you get older. Your ability to harness your thoughts and focus also refines as you get older. My wife is very psychic, and no she can't tell you what's going to happen in the next hour, but I bet if the house was gonna burn down tonight, we would not be in it.

If I was to get hurt and break a leg out in my woods, she would know where to find me. If somebody was to knock on my door with bad intentions, she would know it instantly. I think my own instincts have sharpened quite a bit just from hanging around her.

We are all creatures of light and energy, and we are all connected to a mass consciousness, and that consciousness can clue you in from time to time. Believe it

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Isn't it funny how people come into a thread that isn't even about whether or not being psychic is real, just so they can troll and flame and have a jolly old time? That's not even what this thread is about, people. Come on.

Being psychic does not mean you know everything. jimjamjerry is right. Not all psychics can look into the future, anyway. There are people who can do various things. Not everyone can do everything. Making the immature statement of "Oh, if you're psychic, you should know already," is just a cop-out. You are judging and speaking of something you know nothing about. So you don't believe in psychics. Fine. But don't come into a thread and post unrelated posts just to flame others who do.

Now. Back on topic. Did you ever consider that stress might be a factor? I find that I am less connected to things when I'm stressed out, my mind is busy, and I've got a lot going through my mind. Stress can be horrible that way.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
thank you, minhawk.

yeah i was thinking about it last night....
1. my two best friends and i just had a huge fight so we're not friends ne more..
2.school is putting a lot of constraints on me
3. and i haven't been meditating

it just confuses me that these kinds of things would affect my 'abilities'.

its like ....if your stressed out, its not like you all of sudden can't run or something any more.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KtmdPB

Many things can disturb your life energy (call it Qi or soul), and perhaps there is an unresolved issue that is draining you without your conscious awareness of how much this matter needs to be settled.

Granted I am throwing darts into the dark, but my experience is that preternatural abilities are often disrupted in this way.

Some people simply go to a waterfall where natural ionisation takes place in order to recharge and refocus. I have found such a practise very benefecial over the years. Going to an oceanside or lakeside is not quite the same but can be very salutary as well.

An old acquaintance of mine claimed that the wearing of rose quartz was helpful in such times of disturbance. This is not a path I follow, but I offer it as part of the information I've picked up along the way.

Also, sometimes a short fasting period helps to restore one to balance in order to use one's gifts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join