It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond synchrotron to use x-rays to examine Dead Sea Scrolls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Diamond synchrotron to use x-rays to examine Dead Sea Scrolls

www.telegraph.co.uk

Secrets contained in fragile documents such as the Dead Sea Scrolls are to be revealed using one of the most powerful light sources in the Universe.British scientists are using a giant instrument - in essence an extremely powerful torch and microscope combined - to read parchments that are too brittle to unroll or unfold. The Diamond synchrotron creates X-ray beams 10 billion times brighter than the Sun, allowing researchers to study chemical and material samples in more detail than ever before.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
10 billion times brighter than the sun! ....I could see this being the new favorite tool for archeologists's. Pretty cool.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I saw the scrolls when the exhibit came through earlier this year... I was not impressed. I don't really see what the big deal is. It was a bunch of tiny scraps of paper. Whooptie doo. Must be a Judeochristian thing. I don't know what they expect to find. Some Earth shattering wisdom direct from God I suppose. But using an ultra-powerful x-ray machine to find it... how ironic is that?

new topics

join