It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

None of you........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
...would know the truth if it came up to you and slapped you in the face with a wet sock!

If someone came out and told you the truth about say UFO's, but becuase maybe it didn't conform to your beliefs, you'd reply "No that can't the truth"

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I would study the evidence first about this specific truth that somebody provides, then see if it fits into my overall research.

Nobody has the real answer until you find out on your own.

If the governments publicly came out to say, "under the truthfulness of your government, there has never been alien contact." I would, think, they are lying!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britman
...would know the truth if it came up to you and slapped you in the face with a wet sock!

THANK YOU

It's human nature to argue and inquire, but is there a point where it will end?
I tried making a simple post on Bush amd Aliens, all hypothetical and it still got back to Not the government, they would still be lying, Its a made up scenerio with the same arguements. Much like this is probably going to be quoted and argued with, which proves my point.

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

If someone came out and told you the truth about say UFO's, but becuase maybe it didn't conform to your beliefs, you'd reply "No that can't the truth"

Neither do you. If they provide me with absolute legitimate facts, I would believe even though it doesn't go along with my claims.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I trust myself. Not the media, not the gov.. Think for yourself.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I have been 'researching' various ideas since the 70's. Over the years I have discovered new evidence that has forced me to change my views of 'truth'. I am always open to new ideas and evidence.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I dont believe the government, nor do I believe these people talking about how there is a conspiracy between our government and aliens or ufo coverups, etc....sure it sounds nice, but there hasnt been any actual evidence or facts regarding these ufo or alien theories, mainly speculation and hearsay. Although thats not to say the government is very good at covering things like this up, if it were true. I read one good article on ufo's being created by the govt around roswell in order to coverup the U2 spy plane at the time, this seems more realistic than a big conspiracy..

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Neither do you.

Absolutly right and I can never cliam to. But sometimes if there isn't a conspiracy then people make one up just so they can deny the truth (when it's told)

I agree you have to look at the evidance but sometimes we don't have access to it all so have to trust what's being told to us, trust it but still question it if that makes sence.
not everything is a conspiracy.

One thing is the truth and that's we should all:
Deny Ignorance

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So that's what that stinky wet feeling was !!

Reduced to .... SHOUTING AT WALLS !!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Is there any such thing as truth? I'm sure there is a little exaggeration or lie in everything ever said.

If it doesnt conform to our beliefs, then something isn't right and you have been lied to.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
truth is a matter of perspective. the only absolute truth(in 3D, anyway) is mathematical truth. EVERYTHING else is a matter of point of view.
i don't believe in wet socks. no such thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
How could you believe the truth if it came up and slapped you in the face without doing a little research.

I don't trust anyone.

Like buddy said, not the media, not the gov't, not anybody but me.

top topics

join