It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should there be a revolt?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What the heck is going on here Every thing seems to be gearing towards war, Why?
War for this, war for that but really why? Money? Oil? Religion? What is it?
Who decides to start these wars? Top brass? Presidents, leaders? Corporations? The elite??? Oh no….

Ok so it doesn’t matter who or why a war is started. What “MATTERS” is who fights it?
The people fight the wars not the president, not the corporations but the people who elect that president or work for that corporations that fights and dies, wins or loses. Ask your self and the person or people around you, why?

We don’t fight because we hate, but because there’s an agenda behind it. Control, Power…What ever!!! But no one hates that person or people they are sent to kill.

The world has to change now before things get worst. We need a revolution but for what is the real question every one has an agenda and no two people want the same things so I guess our best bet would be to hunker down and wait it out.
Will this revolution will be televised?

What do You think?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well if we don't have a peaceful revolution, we'll get a violent one....

And if there is a violent revolution, you can be sure that those who are part of it will be called 'terrorists', and all sorts of bad things will be claimed about them. I really hope it doesn't come to that.

On the bright side, people are waking up and no longer believing everything the media tells them. There may be hope yet, as long as we don't give in to the belief that we are powerless to change the world. We're more powerful than those who seek domination. They just want us to think otherwise. Why else would they have to 'sell the Iran war' to the people? It's a war of intellect now.

In times of uncertainty, there's always hope.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Go blow something up, nobody stopping you.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Go blow something up, nobody stopping you.

Wow, that was constructive!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
OP, I know how you feel. Trust me.

I feel helpless sitting here banging on the keyboard, listening to the lies on television and watching Bush give a speech that is meaningless (and by the way, there's a Gray Alien behind him to his left- check it out, outside the window)...and not doing anything about my misery.
I cant even find anyone who will talk about the present sad state of affairs.

People just roll their eyes
and go on with their lives. Is that guts, is that what we do when the going gets tough, when our very lives are in danger, simply roll our eyes up and order a pizza???

You bet it is. If we dont talk about anything, it will go away. I have never seen so much apathy in my life.

What a shame. :shk:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
One must always remeber "Freedom is not Free" and that at one time Gen. Goerge Washtington , commander of American forces, and the 1st president of the United States was once a Terrorist and on the British most wanted list. So one mans Terroist is anothers hero, it is just a matter of who is right and who is wrong in the fight.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Yes.

Revolutions shake things up, trims the fat, purges the evils.
Perhaps a revolution isnt required however.
A few good large riots should do the trick.
When all the people stand up together at once... we shall win.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I feel powerless everytime I have to listen the media propaganda and the corrupted government lies and deception.

Yes I contact my political leaders but seems that it falls on deaf ears.

Our government has turned its back to the hard working tax payer American in favor of corporate agendas.

A revolution will be squashed as soon as it starts because already our for the people elected government has made sure to put in place bills and laws to deal with insurgency here at home.

BTW delta our government is blowing up something and somebody everyday in the name of terrorism and that is fine.

The irony.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TooRisky
One must always remeber "Freedom is not Free" and that at one time Gen. Goerge Washtington , commander of American forces, and the 1st president of the United States was once a Terrorist and on the British most wanted list. So one mans Terroist is anothers hero, it is just a matter of who is right and who is wrong in the fight.

Isn't George Washington the same person who put down that popular uprising the Whiskey Rebellion?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
as much as i feel the country is headed down a path.....well lets just say our country is swirling around the toilet bowl right now...i think that a revolt would do little to no good

i think if a revolt was to happen id have to agree with kruel in the sense that the revolties would be labled "terrorist","anarchists" threat to national security,etc,etc....and that would give them more then enuff power...and enuff of the sheep's support to squash the revolotion in its tracks...be it peacefull or not....in my opinion..

that being said maybe us completing the revoloutions around the toilet bowl and taken a journey down the drian is exactally what this country needs for people to wake up...not to be a pessimist but seriousley at this point i dont see how a revolution could be a succsess...theres not enuff people who arent blinded by the world to pull of a succsusfull one...i dont know i just feel itll take the downfall of "the american way of life" as we know it before everybody will wake up and only then can we truely begin the steps to bettering our nation and the world as a whole...

lol sorry for the rant...juss my 2-cents...

PEACE!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. What would you have us do with regards to Iraq? Pull out? Bring the troops home? Which would you all prefer? Would you like to fight this was on terrorism in your backyards and our cities, OR would you prefer to have it fought over there in another country? Thats what it all comes down to. Please read up on the history of the peoples we are dealing with in the Arab world. These people do not think like Americans. They are raised in violence and only understand and negotiate with a powerful adversary. If we show weakness they can and will attack in anyway they are capable of. Go ahead and talk all you want about aliens in the background of the window ( whew thats a doozy ), talk about revolution in America, talk about all the things bad about America. Then when you go to sleep tonight thank GOD that you live in a country where you are able to talk about these things without being thrown in prison because you disagree with the present administration.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I think there are a lot of scared people out there. Its to bad. I think people here in america are just lazy. Only doing when called apon but even then few act apon it.

But what about a world wide revolution, Im sure many people from all walks of life agree on a few things which should be enough right. I guess its up to the younger people to step up. The generation from war times are wanting to go with out taking ever damb thing with them.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The revolution started when they let the public access the world wide web.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pweagle
War for this, war for that but really why? Money? Oil? Religion?

All of the above really. They (The Islamic Extremist) are sitting on all the oil that we crave, we need this cheap oil to keep the money (economy) flowing, and mixed up in all this goodness is a dash or religion that helps them throw reason out the window.

In all reality we've been fighting this proxy-war with Iran since at least the 60s or 70s. Go back and look at histor and you'll see all the signs. Eventually this will lead to all-out war. When? I don't know for sure but all it takes is for one side to get desperate. Either we get desperate for oil or they get desperately Islamic-fascist crazy. You only need one match.

As far as your revolution goes..well we tried that already. We called that experiment the Civil War.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IThinkTooMuch

These people do not think like Americans. They are raised in violence and only understand and negotiate with a powerful adversary.

Hey that sound a lot like us! Wow nice.

Then when you go to sleep tonight thank GOD that you live in a country where you are able to talk about these things without being thrown in prison because you disagree with the present administration.

If you talk loud enough they will. Hell they'd even kil'd yha for it look at those soldiers who wrote that letter. Coincidence That 2 died by a truck over turning ha? Sounds about right. didn't one get shot in the head too?

I think you should change your name.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
IThinkTooMuch

Pardon my ignorance, but what Iraq has to do with 9/11 and why our government felt the necessity to invade, rape and destroy that nation? Terrorist in Iraq now are there because our government brought them there.

I still can not get what in the heck we allow this mad president in the white house keep linking Iraq with 9/11, like people in this nation are completely clueless but then again, we do have people that still believe in Santa and the Eastern bunny.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pweagle
reply to post by IThinkTooMuch

These people do not think like Americans. They are raised in violence and only understand and negotiate with a powerful adversary.

Hey that sound a lot like us! Wow nice.

Then when you go to sleep tonight thank GOD that you live in a country where you are able to talk about these things without being thrown in prison because you disagree with the present administration.

If you talk loud enough they will. Hell they'd even kil'd yha for it look at those soldiers who wrote that letter. Coincidence That 2 died by a truck over turning ha? Sounds about right. didn't one get shot in the head too?

I think you should change your name.

You really think that you do not have the right to self expression. What are you doing here then? You think we here in America are raised like those in the middle east? Did you graduate 6th grade? No you need to check your attitude about your country my friend. You have all the freedom you want. Its apparent by your posts. If you think you are being watched etc. Then you should by your own definition be in JAIL. I take it you are not. You are sitting in a chair able to type all you want about your government. You do not have to worry about being kidnapped in the middle of the night and taken to a holding cell and tortured by the very government you are talking about. You are very misguided and very uniformed. Actually I feel sorry for you since its obvious you have no idea what this country is all about.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
IThinkTooMuch

Pardon my ignorance, but what Iraq has to do with 9/11 and why our government felt the necessity to invade, rape and destroy that nation? Terrorist in Iraq now are there because our government brought them there.

I still can not get what in the heck we allow this mad president in the white house keep linking Iraq with 9/11, like people in this nation are completely clueless but then again, we do have people that still believe in Santa and the Eastern bunny.

Wow, I do believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny. You mean they aren't real? Well call me stupid.
To answer your question about your ignorance I cannot help that. If you cannot see the reason to fight a war over there rather than right here in the good old USA I cant help ya. Get this one little tidbit.
Since 9/11 there has been NO TERRORIST attack on American soil. Don't you wonder why? I guess you think its because they suddenly decided to leave us alone huh? No they are still plotting and planning for another attack. The Patriot Act among things and intelligence agencies are keeping them at bay. Also we are fighting them in IRAQ where they are assembled and thats a good thing. When you go to sleep tonight thank the US Troops and the POTUS that they are taking the fight to the enemy to allow you to have the opportunity to denigrate them at every chance you get. Isn't that ironic?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

That would give the U.N. the excuse it needs to send in peacekeepers and try to take over, Then you would have America really fighting for her freedom. I will stick with Bush for now because thats really what the evil part of the U.N. wants.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I guess I don’t know what this country it about, I’m like a lot of people here on Ats who just have to questions everything. I live here and I was born here My ancestor where born here. You see my problem is everyone else. They killed all the people who really knew how to live life and the ones that were left got re-educated. I Guess I just want that back that simple life you know what I mean. Things might even make more sense.

Before this country was a country it was just simply the land that fed us that gave us what we need. Instead the people who came took what they wanted. I know my history and this country isn’t all peaches and cream as you put it. I don’t know what world you live it but in this one its just like the movies.

Listen Ithinktomuch I don’t want to argue with you I just don’t ok I’m not here to argue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join