It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we all came from Fish, what's our next form?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I mean, you don't think evolution stop with us right?

So go ahead, use your Darwin cap and tell us, based on Darwinism, what's Human's next form?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by chickeneater

of course evolution won't stop with us... however, predicting the species humanity will evolve into is a bit off... i mean, it'll be millions of years before we get there.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

so clueless when asked a hard question of evolutionism....

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Its called "PhishMonkeySquirellThingy" by the scientific community. We did NOT just come from Fish! WOW! We came FROM "PhishMonkeySquirellThingy". ok GET it right. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
In my non-professional opinion our evolution is no longer biological but technological. Evolution is driven by the need to survive. In other words mating, eating, and not getting killed. We don't need any further adaption to eat because of our comfortable life. We just but what we need to eat. We don't have any natural enemies so we don't need to evolve new defenses. We don't need to evolve any new features to attract mates because we can alter our appearance with clothes, make up and even surgery.

[edit on 13/9/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

So you mean we are perfect Biological Beings?

How about cancer and HIV and FLU? How about having to pee and crap every few hours? How about stress-resistance? I'd use my imagination if I were you, but then again, evolutionists are not known for that...

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickeneater
So you mean we are perfect Biological Beings?

No. Just that we have no need to adapt further.

How about cancer and HIV and FLU? How about having to pee and crap every few hours? How about stress-resistance?

Sure, were still going through microevolution. But you asked what new form we would take.

I'd use my imagination if I were you, but then again, evolutionists are not known for that...

EXCUSE ME?
Want to keep to the topic without being insulting?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
How come neither Darwin nor Christianity makes sense when it comes to evolution...We either come, and I mean all that live's on Earth, comes from some primal ooze out the deep blue sea, or we are all totaly inbreeded and we dont know it(even if we all come from Noah's loin). To me the only thing that brings creation all togather is the seeding of the planet...Hey we may all be critters in a Alien zoo, and what we see in the sky's are simply paying visitors to our park...

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

what's Human's next form?

If indeed humanity survives the next millenium (hopefully it does), then there will be changes according to our environment.

The pleasant future, graced with new technologies and freedom from the hardships of corporate slavery will provide us lucky humans with a long life devoid of disease and worry. Our distant relatives will populate the universe in an ever-expanding wave, meeting other races and learning from them more that we dreamt possible. We will become tall and healtheir as we learn how to better provide our bodies with the nutrients that a thousand worlds can provide. Our bodies will become soft with space travel but our brains will grow as we finally begin to exercise our mental capabilities to their potential.

The unpleasant future, a few scattered survivors on a blasted planet ravaged by the final battles, will see us returning in a thousand years (if we're lucky enough) to the life of hunter/gatherers, roaming into and around those places where the residual radiation does not kill us. We will use the most primitive tools because technology will be forgotten in the constant need for food and shelter. Scattered nomadic tribes, distrusful of each other will fight over prized territories and the cycle of death and war will repeat itself. Over the millenia, we will grow shorter because of poor diet. Our lives will be brutish. Disease and accidental injuries left untreated will kill many before they live twenty years.

IMO, the choice between the two lies before us today.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

what's Human's next form?

Our bodies will become soft with space travel but our brains will grow as we finally begin to exercise our mental capabilities to their potential.

The unpleasant future, a few scattered survivors on a blasted planet ravaged by the final battles, will see us returning in a thousand years (if we're lucky enough) to the life of hunter/gatherers, roaming into and around those places where the residual radiation does not kill us. We will use the most primitive tools because technology will be forgotten in the constant need for food and shelter. Scattered nomadic tribes, distrusful of each other will fight over prized territories and the cycle of death and war will repeat itself. Over the millenia, we will grow shorter because of poor diet. Our lives will be brutish. Disease and accidental injuries left untreated will kill many before they live twenty years.

IMO, the choice between the two lies before us today.

You mean we will become aliens!

Why didn't I think of that...
But it does seems like we are not using our brain as much, what with TV and music and all. It's constant distraction and entertainment. I find myself unable to do simple math in my head...

Looking at current rends, maybe our heads will shrink and (excuse my languange) our crotch areas will become larger....and more pronounced.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You seem to believe that evolution is something that happens in a few decades. I think that's wrong, myself.

Certainly television has been around for half a century and it has 'dumbed us down' a bit, but I can't see that creating evolutionary changes that quickly.

The advent of the computer, while still not providing physical exercise, still does make us think... after all, you have used your brain to compose posts in this thread. Computers are interactive and that is so much better than the 'one-sided' entertainment machine that TV is.

I hardly ever sit and watch TV anymore. It's on its way of becoming history.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Women will weigh 4 pounds, and men will look like women from the 21st century. All will have excellent typing skills, and great taste in avatars.

That is, if current trends continue.

I guess what I'm really saying is the only evolutionary driver left is how one chooses a mate. What cultural traits are most attractive.

My example was from a purely American Point of view.
But Modern medicine, Housing, Clothing etc...have forced us into a dead end as far as adaptation to the environment.

Did I mention we will no longer keep the littlest piggies on our feet?
I mean, who needs those anyway?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Women will weigh 4 pounds, and men will look like women from the 21st century. All will have excellent typing skills, and great taste in avatars.

Did I mention we will no longer keep the littlest piggies on our feet?
I mean, who needs those anyway?

I know about the ultra-skinny craze, but with America being the fattest nation in the world, thats improbable. I totally agree about the feminization of men. Anger is bad, wearing a tampon to understand the pain of being a woman is good.

I agree also with typing and internet usage, maybe our fingers will become skinnier Palm will become smaller since we are less inclined to use clubs to butcher each other.

In short, I think there will hardly be any distinguishing features left between man/woman. Except for what's inside the pants.

I still think Humans will have larger crotch though.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Predicting the next step in evolution implies two things. One, it implies that evolution is exact natural law and is predictable. It doesn't seem to have reached that status as a theory. When you drop a ball, you know it will fall due to gravity, when you have a creature evolving, you can't predict the next step. Secondly, predicting evolution's next step implies that you can predict the future of this planet, which will dictate the evolution of the creatures on it.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

no, i'm just not presumptuous. i have no idea what humanity will encounter in the next thousand years, let alone the next million. evolution is dependent on surviving in the environment... well, i have no idea what mutations will arise that will be beneficial to an environment that i have no clue about.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Logic tells me that the next step after fish is.. Chips.

We eat so much crap and are currently at the couch potato stage of evolution. Once we are saturated with enough fat and heated to the required temperature by global warming we will become chips.

Alternatively we could all be nuked and become horrid rubbery jacket potatoes. The good old conventional oven always cooks a potato much better.. no need to go nuclear.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
A pure spiritual energy,as we once were would be nice, with not having as many limitations. I think we moved on from strictly cells.

If not that, more non natural, as that seems to be the path, ie plastic surgery, robotics, etc.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It's so funny that evolutionists are completely cluesless when asked this question. I mean, can't you just look at the current techs, tendencies and trends and IMAGINE, yes, IMAGINE what comes next? Just for amusement? I mean NO ONE will hold you accountable for a guess?

Here's a thought:
With women empowered, and demasculinization of men, plus the common acceptance of transgenders & gays, same-sex marriages PLUS illegalization of gender distinction, DE-EMPHASIZETION of parents and platonic families, human can only go one direction on the next evolution:

Elimination of reproductive organs.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

um... no. actually, that would be the most impossible evolutionary change.

why?
well... how is the trait going to spread when it is inherently the inability to spread genetic material?

and the undertones in the post... well, let's leave them for a political thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I haven't the faintest idea what our next form will be... because we've stopped our evolution.

Evolution is the change of a species as a whole, due to the removal of its "imperfect" members who cannot survive to pass on their genes. With our technology, we've made it possible for practically any human to survive long enough to pass on their genes. We've become stagnant as far as evolution goes.

However, I'd expect that someday, humans may not even have corporeal forms. We'll be residents of a cybernet... like Second Life, everyone will have an avatar. But we will literally be our avatar. From birth to death, we will act as our avatar. (Perhaps we'll still have physical bodies, but they would be fed by machines according to our ingame actions.) After death, our avatar will continue to live (or perhaps simply die as we do)... perhaps this will be where we achieve immortality.

(I, too, find it amusing how few people seem unwilling to just imagine what could happen. Perhaps that's just a prejudice coming from me, the writer-in-training, who has little trouble imagining much anything.

(Speaking of which, I think that's a neat story idea, having people live only in cyberspace. I think I'll take it. Thanks for a neat, thought-provoking thread -- but remember, not all people who like evolution as a theory dislike imagining what could come next.)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join