It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you talk to others about ATS?????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think it is a little different from wearing Nike swoosh.

If I saw someone in at ATS shirt, I would know they were like-minded, and I would know we could most likely have an interesting conversation about subjects that are often shut down with other people.

I would definately say something to someone I saw in an ATS shirt - that would be very cool.

[edit on 9/14/2007 by Tadarida]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It is not different at all. If you buy an ATS shirt with the whole Deny Ignorance deal and what not. You just paid money to promote a website not a message. Consider what people will see who do not know about this site. They will see advertisement not the denial of ignorance.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by souls

It is like buying some Nike shirt that has a big "swhoosh" and a "just do it" all on the front. Now tell me, why do you want to pay money to buy a shirt that will make you a walking advertisement for the brands slogans and such?

Are you seriously saying that ATS is a brand name slogan?

Same with any other brands. Do you think that when they make those shirts they are thinking, "Hey, people really love our phrase of 'just do it' and believe that message is true. When people see it on our shirts, they are going to want to buy it even more because NIKE does not represent profits, it represents our good and honorable message of the importance of excercise"?

What exactly is ATS selling

No matter how much I love something, I still would not be providing them with free advertisement.

Why not? They provide you with a free service.

The 3 Amigos do not charge me for anything. The least I can do is keep providing this website with my traffic.

and you could do a little more by spreading the word about ATS so even more improvements can be made to this site. Free of charge to you. But it sounds to me as if you are all about doing the least you can. Gotcha

Traffic generates and attracts investment. If there is enough traffic, investors will advertise in this website like crazy. Look at the adds that appear all over these pages. Verizon, Days Inn, Universities of "x", etc..etc. If the three amigos decided to impose a member fee, ATS would not survive, unless something very, very attractive is provided. The fact that this site is free of charge doesn't mean that I owe anybody anything. Businesses use different tactics in order to maximize profits.

see above post!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It is not different at all. If you buy an ATS shirt with the whole Deny Ignorance deal and what not. You just paid money to promote a website not a message. Consider what people will see who do not know about this site. They will see advertisement not the denial of ignorance.

I hear what you are saying, but I respectfully disagree. Sometimes things on t-shirts are more than advertising a brand. It's a way of showing what you like. People who don't know the site most likely will not pay attention to it!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Well that is not exactly what I said, but I can accept it. Whether you want to accept it or not, I'm pretty sure when the owner's of this site sat down and thought of a "catch" phrase, they probably said: "Let see. what can we use for our slogan. Top Secret: Spreading the truth. NO. In The Know: Exposing Ignorance. NO. We need something more attractive, something that wil stick in people's head. Above Top Secret: Ignorance Denied. NO, it is missing something, wait how about Above Top Secret: Deny Ignorance! Good job, let's go home." If Above Top Secret: Deny Ignorance does not sound like a brand name slogan, I don't know what does.

ATS is selling the Denial of Ignorance and it's website. In the outside it looks free, but you really have to look at this from a business perspective.

I think that you really have gotten bent out of shape by my comments. I'll say it again. Just because it is free doesn't mean I owe anybody anything and I'm pretty sure the owner'as would care less if one person does not promote their site because they know some one else will, for free. Maybe I should bye an ATS shirt and have a picture of me wearing it. Maybe I my love for this site will get a moderator status...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well only when I correct people in certain topics and then they look at me surprised and ask me, from where I get all my information.

I tell them that I belong to the best conspiracy theory site in the net, where you can find the truth if you really want to know it.

So far nobody has made fun of my responses, they just look at me with more respect.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by souls

Do you know where the phrase "Deny Ignorance" came from

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tadarida

So what you are saying is that people should use those shirts so they can talk with other ATS members face to face whenever they encounter them on the street? Why can't you just set meetings with them through ATS? How is that spreading ATS to new minds?

Look if ATS came up with a shirt that had let's say, Big red letters in front

"WHY DID WORLD TRADE CENTER 7 FALL?" then in the back DENY IGNORANCE. This would be a good shirt because people will ask to themselves Why did world trade center 7 fall? In their search they will come across the same things most people here have come encountered in the search for the truth. Then they can ask you about it, they will see abovetopsecret.com somewhere in the shirt and will start their research.

That is what makes a difference. The only reason ATS does not make shirts like that is because as a business, ATS cannot take an official position on things, specially specifics. You see how the promotion of their slogan is just that promotion.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Well that is not exactly what I said, but I can accept it. Whether you want to accept it or not, I'm pretty sure when the owner's of this site sat down and thought of a "catch" phrase, they probably said: "Let see. what can we use for our slogan. Top Secret: Spreading the truth. NO. In The Know: Exposing Ignorance. NO. We need something more attractive, something that wil stick in people's head. Above Top Secret: Ignorance Denied. NO, it is missing something, wait how about Above Top Secret: Deny Ignorance! Good job, let's go home." If Above Top Secret: Deny Ignorance does not sound like a brand name slogan, I don't know what does.

That makes absolutely no sense

I think that you really have gotten bent out of shape by my comments.

Not at all, sorry if I came across that way

I'll say it again. Just because it is free doesn't mean I owe anybody anything

I totally agree, I guess I don't see it as owing, I see it as promoting something that is very important to me so that we may benefit from its growth.

Maybe I should bye an ATS shirt and have a picture of me wearing it. Maybe I my love for this site will get a moderator status...

I doubt it.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

NO I dont enlighten me.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
OK, I just step in to give my answer to the thread tittle but it looks to me that we are having a dispute about . . .ATS shirts

People you need to deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
marg, that you are right about.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

True Dat! Back On Topic!!
Myself included!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the link to the Gear Store. They now have a lot more stuff since the last time I looked.

I joined ATS because my academic interests are in "information retrieval", so I feel comfortable mentioning the site to other people. It's a good way to get a sense of what people's current questions are. The site is well organized, so it's not hard to find information relevant to particular issues of interest. Most importantly, the site rules and mods keep just enough order to make the site contents interesting yet not too nasty.

Typically, I mention ATS in conversations when someone has brought up a question that reminds me of something I learned on this web site. The reaction I most often get is sincere interest.

[edit on 9/14/2007 by Uphill]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Yes I do talk about this site very often.. And when I joined this site I really didnt pay much mind to it saying above top secert.. I just really enjoyed the content and the people here..

When I post about some threads I tend to get negtive feedback from others.. They
at me, and say above top secert.. Rolling their eyes at me.. I try to explain to them to atleast read it, or give it a chance, its not all about conspiracies, but critical thinking and what not.. Its just most people who never have been here, get a bad vibe, just becasue it states we are above top secert, which is just a title, not how some people take it.
Thats them, not me.. They are the ones missing out...

So I found myself running into a wall with people who can not see past the title of the site.. While personally Ive found so much info on here and its really opened my eyes to so many things, not just conspiracy theories.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I do tell folks about ATS......but it also depends on the topic at hand and the people I am talking to.
At my local MUFON meeting I'll stand up and tell the entire group to take notes and I give them the ATS addy, and a general rundown of the topics covered.

There are also a couple of chatrooms that I frequent, and when someone starts talking about any conspiracy type thing I send them a note with the ATS addy and a lil intro and invite them on over.
I know a few of users that are here because of my invites, and I also know some others are incognito as well.

Stop yammering about the T=shirts folks geez,

There used to NOT be T-shirts at all.... so just be happy that you can even get one if you want.
(I do think we need more choices like spegetti strap baby doll T's and those wife beater tank tops)

[edit on 14-9-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Funny enough, I don't think I've ever mentioned ATS to anybody outloud. I realized this the other day when I was listening to coast to coast, and a commercial for ATS came on. I thought about how weird it sounded to hear somebody say the name (instead of always just reading it,) and realized I don't think I've ever said the name out loud to anyone, save maybe once or twice to my brother. I'm not ashamed of ATS or anything like that, but I guess it just doesn't come up. Most of the people who know me would be really surprised that I like reading forums and stuff. Maybe I should work on my image a little...haha

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I definately talk to others about ATS. I also send emails linking to ATS threads. For some of my friends, I am the source for world news. Sometimes I have folks over to watch google vidoes like Iraq for Profit, Loose Change, Money Masters, etc.

Networking the kingdom,

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I've only seriously mentioned it to someone else, after they'd asked me whether I'd seen or heard of the first Loose Change video.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I discuss ATS to whomever might listen. Occasionally ill post links to a few threads for my bf (although he has yet to actually register), and one of my friends joined last week

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join