It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Y'all volunteer to live on Space Colonies on Mars or other Planets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I would love to be able to do that,I think it would be sort of like the movie Total Recall. I think eventually conditions on the Earth may be so bad(By war or climate),That Humanity may have to look to Space for future survival.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Oh yes please! I'm ready to leave this planet. It's going down the gutter anyway, with all these war-mongers and arms dealers and hate-mongers encouraging us to kill each other. There's too many people, and we all aren't close to each other or care about each other.

A colony, that would be different. It would be like a nice, tight family. Until the size grows too big and the whole process repeats itself...

People suck.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I would. Definitly. Especially if that propulsion thing works out to shorten the voyage to Mars to like a week. The it could be like a really long plane ride. Hopefully with better food though.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
Hopefully with better food though.

Don't count on it. Better food would mean heavier payloads. In all likelihood it'll be those freeze dried just add water kind of deals. Recycled water.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I would love to but I don't think my wife would let me.

I don't think I would ever get enough "points" to put me in the black if I did go.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If my entire family would be together to create the new man yes. If it was just continuity of the same old path of humanity with violence and greed no...I would like to work in the green houses and watch as my children learn new technology. I would be a teacher of meditation and the healing arts.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
that depends....

what is the dude to chick ratio on this colony of yours?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hell yeah,sign me up-as long as I can take my German Shepard.

"

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
Hopefully with better food though.

Don't count on it. Better food would mean heavier payloads. In all likelihood it'll be those freeze dried just add water kind of deals. Recycled water."

Oh,and I would want some kind of hydroponic arrangement for growing yummy fresh food...so then after 6 months or so everyone would be allowed to have some nice quality vitamins and minerals which would remind us all of home a bit and keep us healthy.
And to keep the payload weight down,the food growing system would be made from parts of our main ship,pipes,lights etc,and we could process much waste matter into fertilizer which again,saves weight at the outset.
MMmm,I can just taste those Martian tomatoes....

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Seeing space is one thing that I know that some when in the future, I NEED to do. Be it with the military or space tourism, I'm going to do it.

So yes, I would go and live on Mars, not because I hate this planet, I love it. But to simply see what there is between us and Mars, in mu opinion, is something worth dieing for.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BigDaveJr

I certainly would. There is a lot out there to see,and I want to see it. As long as my twin brother came with me.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by Sadet]

new topics

top topics

join