It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woof...woof...Univ. of Washington is back.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
*Ahem* The Univ. of Washington Huskies would like to tell you the following:

"We're Baaaaaack!!!" After a defeat of Boise State this past weekend (24-10, for those of you outside the northwest), and a huge test against Ohio St. this weekend.

The evil days of post-billy joe hobert and slick-rick Nuiheisal are finally at long last gone...the bell, book and candles finally took.

The toughest schedule in college football is off to a great start, with the biggest tests still to come...Ohio state, UCLA, and of course, USC. If they get through this portion of their schedule 3-2, or even *gasp* 4-1. OMG, a BCS is not completely out of the question.

If you haven't seen UW's newest QB, Jake Locker, yet, make the time; this kid's something special...fast as Micheal Vick, though a different sort of runner; as good a thrower as Warren Moon in his college days. Of course, his wide recievers need to catch the damn ball. The defence reminds me of the '91 national champion bunch, fast and faster.

Look out, boys and girls...the dawgs are back. WOOF!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It really was a good game last weekend. I enjoyed watching it and I'm not a fan of football. Mind you Seagull had to explain some of it to me.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
OK... So I was a liitttle bit premature with that particular announcement. Still it does my heart good to see the Huskies competitive again. Still not up to the Don James era, and earlier, but next year...look out...

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I've been reduced to replying to my own posts, on my own thread...I'm such a loser...

Anyway...so the season turned from promising to down right sucky
. It's really a sad thing when you've been reduced to saying..."at least we beat Stanford, something USC couldn't do". Oh, well, there's always next year...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well next year was last season, and 0-fer just sucks...

Ah...but now it truly is next year... A new era is Husky football may indeed by dawning...rising like a sleddog out of a snowy drift (bad, I know).

Ok, let's try that again...

Rising like a pheonix from the ashes of the Tyrone (pardon, I threw up in my mouth a little) Willingham fiasco...

Huskies played perrenial SEC power LSU to a virtual standstill...yeah, they lost, and it was their 15th in a row, but it was different. They didn't roll over and play dead. They punched LSU in the mouth and said "here we are, baby...come and get it." To their credit, LSU did... It was a great game.

Husky stadium was rocking like it was 1991 again...it felt so good to see that on TV...

Maybe, just maybe?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Who dragged this thread out of the depths?

At least no one can say you aren't a devout fan of whoever the team is you root for.. what were they again?

mush!! mush!!

[runs for the hills]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Careful there, buddy...

University of Washington Huskies. Soon to return to the heights of the Pac10. This year would be truely cool, but two years is more realistic. But you can feel it. Attitude is different. Coaches, players, fans...

Bow down to Washington...

soon.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I think I found the reason for the team's recent struggles...

UW - Scouting Director

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Ohhhhh, sooo cute... ***ahem*** ***harumph***

Mockery?

Given the horrendous results...15 losses in a row and counting...that wouldn't surprise me...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

He works cheap too!!

Probably a computer glitch, he was supposed to be mascot not scouting director :shk:

It could take years for the Athletic Dept to discover this so maybe you should drop them an email? and some scooby snacks for the husky?

[edit on 9/9/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Maybe that scouting director knows his stuff?

www.latimes.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'll give it to the Huskies, but Barkley is supposed to be, in sports terms, the second coming, and he wasn't playing. Still, USC should've had more than enough without Barkley to win the game.

Props to Washington, but beware the letdown!

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
OH, YEAH...

BOW DOWN...

TO WASHINGTON...

No we're not gonna win the BCS Championship, but neither is USC...

[edit on 20-9-2009 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Props to Washington, but beware the letdown!

Peace

Disclosure: I live here in Western WA, but I am by no means a U-Dub fan... I'm not a hater, either. More like a "isn't that cute, they think their team is the best" lifelong Nebraska fan. That said, I gotta ask, what letdown? They didn't win a single game last season and so far they've almost nipped a stacked LSU team, dominated Idaho, and now laid an impressive defeat on a team that should have run them out of their own building. If (and I don't think this will happen but if) the Huskies don't win another game this year, it's already been a huge positive season over the debacle last year.

Being realistic, I see some bumps in the road ahead for the Huskies, however. Notre Dame, UCLA, ASU, Oregon, and Cal are all going to be difficult games for them. Of those, I think Notre Dame is the one they're most likely to win but ND simply because ND isn't that good. The Cal game at the very end of the season could even (theoretically) be for the PAC-10 championship.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It's been nearly a decade since Tequila was feared in college football stadiums around the nation...

Because, frankly, the 'dawgs of the North, well, we kinda sucked there for a while...

But this year...

Fresh off demolishing then number seven Stanford, they proceeded to hang 70 on Oregon in their own stadium, team Nike was never in the game. On Saturday Oregon State became the next victim of the 'Dawgs of the North...

All is right with the world. Washington is highly ranked, Oregon sucks, and the Apple Cup looms larger and larger next month.

Utah, number 17, is next.

With the Penn St. upset of Ohio St., the Huskies (Dawgs of the North, get it?
) are now number four, and if things remain as they are, set to face off with Alabama in the nat'l championship playoffs.

Tequila!!!

new topics

top topics

join