It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Test Nukes Listed in Google Earth!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Also says the name of the nuke tested, and how large.. Wonder why so much cancer in america?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

Here is an article that states that they have a map (you have to click on "Google Earth Map" to see it) that shows where every nuke is located in the U.S.
Google Earth Tracks Nukes

[edit on 13-9-2007 by Dan5647]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

Hmmm,thats fishy.
Not sure that information should be accessible on google..I mean I know the nukes are damn well guarded (unless they go missing),but it seems a bad idea to have that information in the public arena.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Wow, I didn't know they had so many! Nuclear war really could totally finish us off.

They should just be destroyed. uh wait maybe hats a bad idea... how do you get rid of a nuclear weapon? Do they have a 'sell by' date? or are they just going to sit on the planet for ever waiting for the day to come?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Remarkable.

3 out of 4 posters indicate that they are incapable of getting it.

This isn't Area 51. This is the Nevada Test Site.

The nukes aren't there. They were tested. They went off. Nuke all gone.

The reason they are tested is that they have limited life. The intensely radioactive material in their core is far more corrosive than acid. They corrode internally upon assembly. They tested them to see if they still worked X months after assembly.

The workers at NTS do not have a noticeably higher cancer rate than the world at large. The citizens of Pahrump and Indian Springs, the two closest communities, do not have a noticeably higher cancer rate than the world at large.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
AHA,now I get it,(sheepish laugh)
Test sites.In abundance,near to civilization.Not nukes in storage at all.My bad.
Thanks for making me re read the post,Researcher.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Whoops. I was right about the 'sell by' date then

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I bet the Americans have got a shed load more active nukes than all those dots representing test sites.
Its approx 10 000 at the moment according to AHEM wikipedia.
Which is probably ever so slightlyan underestimate,I imagine.

Good lord-someones making a tidy sum selling all those nukes to the US gov.
They couldn't possibly have the agenda of actually keeping America at war could they,by any chance?

edit: to add link:

de.wikipedia.org...:US_and_USSR_nuclear_stockpiles.svg

[edit on 14-9-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Oh, these were probably the nukes tested on "ghost towns"-fake towns with dummies. Not being Area51, but possibly some of these are locations are of the tests on small towns. Small towns that of course no longer exist or are former shells of themselves.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Researcher
Remarkable.

3 out of 4 posters indicate that they are incapable of getting it.

This isn't Area 51. This is the Nevada Test Site.

The nukes aren't there. They were tested. They went off. Nuke all gone.

The reason they are tested is that they have limited life. The intensely radioactive material in their core is far more corrosive than acid. They corrode internally upon assembly. They tested them to see if they still worked X months after assembly.

The workers at NTS do not have a noticeably higher cancer rate than the world at large. The citizens of Pahrump and Indian Springs, the two closest communities, do not have a noticeably higher cancer rate than the world at large.

What's remarkable is that you didn't check one of the first posts where the poster listed a URL that proves you can find where the Nukes are indeed located. THAT's remarkable!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Here is the .kmz file for Google Earth that speculates where every nuke is in the U.S.

061109.kmz

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The KMZ file is corrupted or something. It will not open.

I have Google Earth, can you please explain what I should type in the search field in Google Earth to get the nuke spots?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The .kmz file worked for me. It only lists major storage facilities and not individual silo fields. Still cool though.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
That file is pretty cool. Worked just fine for me.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well. in the meantime, can I do a search for it somewhere within the google earth until I figure out whats the deal with this is?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
area 52 nort (?) of area 51 is a rocketry and bombardment range these nukes were propably tested there i think only the gooberment knows where area 51 ends and 52 begins

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
lat 37°16'30.63"N
lon 115°48'29.39"W
Groom lake

lat 36°39'27.60"N
lon 115°59'48.49"W
Mercury (entrance to Nevada Test Site)

Though the sat pic for groom is an old one, I believe dreamland resort has a much newer one. Yucca Valley, Yucca Flats, and Yucca Mountain are still contaminated, and they are being shoved down our throats as the (proposed) nations dump for high level nuclear waste @ the Yucca Mountain facility.

Though GoogleEarth is a very nice toy, I wouldn't be deluded into thinking you will find anything of a secret nature unless you are very, very lucky. The good stuff has been airbrushed, cloned pix from surrounding areas, or very old sat images that have little bearing on current activity.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotrox

Though the sat pic for groom is an old one, I believe dreamland resort has a much newer one. Yucca Valley, Yucca Flats, and Yucca Mountain are still contaminated, and they are being shoved down our throats as the (proposed) nations dump for high level nuclear waste @ the Yucca Mountain facility.

Yucca Mountain is far and away the best plan for that waste that anyone has yet come up with. Studies of naturally occurring fission events(long ago), show that the type of rock present there will have no problem containing the waste. Considering our current alternative plan is close our eyes and hope like hell that we come up with something before those on site storage spaces fill up, I don't think we should dismiss Yucca Mt. out of hand.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
There are GoogleEarth kmz. files that list and provide locations to every atmospheric and most sub-atmospheric nuclear and atomic test ever conducted. There is a massive red mass in the middle of Kazakhstan, with all these little pockmarks everywhere once you zoom in. Pretty cool, if I may say so. You can even see a lake, which just happens to be perfectly circular, in the middle of the test zone.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
There are GoogleEarth kmz. files that list and provide locations to every atmospheric and most sub-atmospheric nuclear and atomic test ever conducted. There is a massive red mass in the middle of Kazakhstan,

What you're seeing is the Semipalatinsk Test Site, the USSR's answer to the NTS. The large circular craters are called subsidence craters, and are caused by underground tests.

new topics

top topics

join