It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Senate/Congress have any say regarding Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm just wondering if Bush/Cheney can utilaterally decide to bomb Iran. I have emailed nearly every senator and congressman regarding my views to get out of Iraq. Current events and posturing seem to indicate an attack is imminent.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
if they regain their constitutional backbone they will...
i mean, honestly, a conflict with iran would be a tad bit different than one with iraq or afghanistan...
and both of those actions should have been preceded by a declaration of war anyway..

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If the U,S is "attacked" again,and its bad enough to institute martial law,then the answer to your question is,no.
Under martial law,the congress,senate,are suspened.
So that would leave the door wide open for Bush/Chaeny to declare a war on Iran,without anyone elses ok.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Bush knows that when he leaves office there is a 50/50 chance the next President will not do anything in regards to Iran.

Bush has outsmarted the Democrats so many times regarding Iraq, so I feel Iran will be dealt with appropriately before he leaves office.

Look for Israel, to kick things off in Iran, and we will be right there backing them up!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Bush has outsmarted the Democrats so many times regarding Iraq, so I feel Iran will be dealt with appropriately before he leaves office.

Look for Israel, to kick things off in Iran, and we will be right there backing them up!

I agree up to a point - but I don't think he has actually outsmarted the Democrats so much as the whole system is totally corrupt. This should have been apparent to the whole of the USA when the Dems took control of both Houses and promptly took impeachment off the table. There is more than enough evidence to impeach every member of the Bush Administration a dozen times over, and it beggars belief that the Democrats would not realise what a vote winner this could be. Therefore, they simply don't WANT to impeach - and this can only be because they are all equally complicit in the high crimes committed by the US Government over the years.

As regards the original question, quite simply, no, Congress will do nothing to stop an attack on Iran. In fact, they will be actively complicit, by acts of omission if nothing else. They have to be - it couldn't happen otherwise.

new topics

top topics

join