It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOW DARE Bush Call this a troop withdrawl?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Something really has me miffed. How can Bush call this a troop withdrawl?

I thought that "Surge" meant that there would be a temporary increase in troops to try and make some differences in various regions in Iraq. While the jury is still out on the success of the surge, Bush is already taking credit for there being a troop "withdrawl" next summer??!!

So let me get this straight. There were 130,000 troops before the surge. The surge took levels up to 160,000. So in my opinion, taking the 30,000 "surge troops" out can NOT be considered to be a troop reduction. Isn;t that just ending the surge?

Even more frightening is that this pretty much solidifies the fact that we will have 130,000 troops in iraq for at least another year!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Easy mate. It really is a troop withdrawl. You see, to get from 160k back down to 130k requires that we "withdraw" 30k. Get used to troops being there well past the next year.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
But Bush is making it seem like he is listening to the critics and allowing troops to leave. it is an end to the surge. Not a withdrawl. False advertising if you ask me

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dolomite
False advertising if you ask me

No, just clever politics. Even though everyone says Bush is stupid, he consistently outmaneuvers the Democrats almost every time.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This will work on the average uninformed public.
They will just glance over the coming days headlines,that will read "Bush announces troop reductions".And people will by into it.
Its actually a shame,that we have to be continously lied to and have everything spun for us.
This government is a joke filled with no punchlines,just empty suits.

new topics

top topics

join