It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need advice -- :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Lets jump on it, shall we?

Well, I've known my girlfriend (or is it ex- not sure?) for about 2.4 years and have been with her for 1.6 years... We've had good times and bad times, though, recently things have seem to plummet. We're usually capable of getting over our obstacles and moving forward but not lately. (Still trying to figure out where to start here...) The beginning works, I suppose. When I met her she was talking to this guy that was her "boyfriend" more or less, but nothing official... Just talking and being rather flirty (typical teenage junk, right?) But after she met me she stopped talking to him altogether on her own decision. I never thought of it much, other than I'm glad shes not talking to him while with me, but that is a given right? However, she stopped communicating with a couple of her other good friends, as well. Again, I didn't think much of it other than I was enjoying being with her and our relationship. And she never made anything out of it either -- so things seemed very good. Life goes on for another couple of months and so on and et cetera... Until, recently, about 2 months ago I started feeling sort of... unsure about our relationship and if I'd like to continue it and all this. I think this spawned from meeting another girl... Lust or what? Though, deep inside I felt/knew (or at least I thought I did) that I did not want to lose my current girlfriend. This whole thing tugged at me and everything for a couple of weeks until I finally told my girlfriend what I was feeling. Unfortunately, due to my cowardice, I did not mention the other girl (I stopped talking to her and shes out of the picture!
) but I just told her how I was feeling and what was going on and why I've been kind of weird lately and that I was unsure about what I wanted... We talked about this for a couple of days and I realized (at least I think I do...) that I do love her and that I don't want to continue being all depressed et cetera and things seemed to be 'rejuvenated' and we were really happy and everything seemed to be fine! I was happy, she was happy... You know, you know. Though, recently she went to a concert with her friend and her old friend that she got distant with and they're having fun blah blah and then she finds that one guy (You know, from the beginning, that she stopped talking to) and they hung out at the concert and now they are all buddy now and shes always on her phone talking to/texting him et cetera... And... well I'm jealous... (Am I allowed to be? Is anyone allowed to be?) So, last night I was talking to her about it and she seems to get so frustrated and angry. I'm here trying to be calm and talk to her civilized and she justs wants to get out of the car and say "F*** Off" and leave me there... or at least that is how it appears. She wasn't able to communicate or anything. I asked her to put herself in my place. How would she feel if I just started talking to an 'ex' out of no where and she told me "Put yourself in my place! How do you think I feel?" because apparently she thinks I am trying to make her stop talking to that guy (By all means that would be great... for me I guess) But I don't want to have to make her stop talking to someone. I want it to be her choice... I want her to do what she thinks is best, not me force her to do what I think (Even if I don't want that guy in our/her life). Anyway, the story continues that she told me "I don't want to lose my friends like I did last time because of you." And she says shes heart broken about what I told her when I was feeling funky and now she is only being more distant and talking to her old friends because she does not want to put herself in the same situation that would make her prone to be 'heart broken' again. I forgot to mention that she also said she does not feel the same about me since I told her how I felt 2 months ago, even though she seemed to be 'normal' with it at the time.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
(post 2)

Anyway, after she told me that she does not want me to get in the way of her friends and to ruin her relationships with her friends 'again' I told her that maybe it's best if we just stop. And it's the next morning and I'm about to head out to school and I haven't talked to her yet.

I don't know what to do. I don't know if she means what she says or if shes just mad or if shes trying to find a way out or what. Though, I want to know, am I 'right' in being able to feel jealous and not want her to see that guy?... Maybe I'm the one who needs to be worked on. (I'm sure there are some things). Any advice on what I should do/need to do anything...

Thanks

Hmm... now I look at the above and I hope no one gets bored. I think I got carried away..
Especially since I went over the Character limit
Uh oh...

new topics

join