It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Soldiers who wrote critical article on war dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Mora's mother wants the Army to explain his death to her.

"I want to know all the details of how he died. I want to know the truth," Olga Capetillo told The Associated Press. "I don't understand how so many people could die in that accident. How could it be so bad?"

www.abcnews.go.com...

On August 19th The New York Times ran an op-ed piece written by 7 NCOs serving in Iraq that was entitled "The War as We Saw It". This article was critical of the decision being made concerning the war in Iraq and strongly disagreed with the "state of affairs" reported by Gen. David Patraeus.

On Monday, just as Patraeus was finishing up his testimony to congress, a 5-ton truck allegedly "overturned" and killed 2 of the authors of this article, Sgt. Omar Mora and Staff Sgt. Yance T. Gray. As Sgt. Mora's mother states above - I want to see the full report on how this 5-ton truck "overturned", and did so in such a manner that it was able to kill both of these men.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I feel more and more like I'm living in a giant mental hospital.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well then your eyes don't decieve you.

They could've expected this as they know how far the arm of the government reaches.

They don't care about anyone, not even their own troops.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Interesting.

I guess how you feel and what you think about this depends on how strongly you believe in coincidences... or not.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
We know that a lot of cover up has been going on since this war in Iraq, lost its support by the international community and by many American people.

It seems that we are living a time in our history that is full of secrecy, deception and lies.

I feel that the profiteers of this war will do anything to finish what they started.

I say our government and the pushers of this middle east agenda are running our of control.

That means trying to shut up anybody that dares to bring some truth to their agendas and even the death of many just to keep pushing the next.

Something very bad is looming in the horizon and I am starting to have very bad dreams about it.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
I feel more and more like I'm living in a giant mental hospital.

Care to explain?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
a 5-ton truck allegedly "overturned" and killed 2 of the authors of this article, Sgt. Omar Mora and Staff Sgt. Yance T. Gray. As Sgt. Mora's mother states above - I want to see the full report on how this 5-ton truck "overturned", and did so in such a manner that it was able to kill both of these men.

govt response: oops, did we say a truck overturned? we meant friendly fire.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Reminds me of a story awhile back about a female soldier who disagreed
with the methods used to interrogate prisoners. She wanted out because
she was positive that the inhumane treatment administered was not
something she had been trained for, nor was it something she condoned.
As a matter of fact, she thought it might have been illegal and said
something to that effect. She never got her transfer as she ended up dead.
Suicide? I doubt it. But that was the claim.

In this case, everything is just so co-incidental isn't it?

I, for one, find it hard to believe.

But as time goes by, I find government cover-up and deception a
disturbing, unhealthy plausibility.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It's like the Pat Tillman case. Anything to control the spin.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
In a war zone it's very easy to whack out those who won't play along, especially with all the Blackwater goons running around with impunity.

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
btw did you notice that another soldier from that group is also dead? Three in all!!

www.abcnews.go.com...
Another of the authors, Staff Sgt. Jeremy Murphy, was shot in the head while the group was working on the article.

coincidences, synchronicity, random?

I don't know but I think the mother deserves a full investigation regardless of what the predetermined outcome will be.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Odd happenings in the Iraq war.... Hmmmm.

Did they offer any resistance to revealing the full report to the mother, or is she being stone-walled.

Also, did it mention how many people were in the 5-ton when it 'Fell over'?
This may add to speculation based on the amount of people that were supposedly on board at the time.

With a 100 000 + American troops in Iraq... coincedence doesn't seem
right.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

That is exactly what is smells to me, Blackwater, specially when they are a private military mercenaries for hired by corporate groups with very much influences on the war in Iraq, actually they are the ones moving all strings in Iraq.

They are unstoppable and with congress oversight, they answer to nobody.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Here is a link to the Thread I posted on this Yesterday...

Soldiers who signed anti-war op-ed piece die in Iraq

I guess it got lost in the shuffle...
It includes two othe links to the story of the Soldiers death, and also includes a link to the original Op-Ed piece.

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
These "accidents" have became far too common during these years of Bush. From personal problems of rape accusations, to the speaking out against his government, brutal violence has always appeared as the answer. It's a worrying set of events, especially for those involved in denying ignorance, as most of the members of this site. I agree with Dronetek, except that the patients are running this hospital.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Whilst not dismissing the possibility, let's wait for more facts before shouting conspiracy.

Were there other passengers on the 5-ton truck?
Did they all survive or were there more casualties?
Has a full investigation been carried out on the truck?
If so, what were the results?
Etc.

Shouting conspiracy when there is none detracts from the real conspiracies which are sometimes occuring unnoticed.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Five other soldiers were killed and eleven injured in the alleged rollover accident.

Sgt. Omar Mora died Monday along with six other soldiers and two detainees......when their truck veered off an elevated highway in western Baghdad and fell about 30 feet, the military said. The single-vehicle crash also wounded 11 other soldiers and a detainee.

The fact that there were other casualties means little to me as I know those who wish the occupation to continue will go to any lengths to achieve their objectives. The "accident", and the additional casualties make good cover for the hit, if that is truly what this was.

Also the other NCO involved in the writing of the letter who was shot in the head wasn't killed, according to the article I read.

Another co-author, Staff Sgt. Jeremy Murphy, was shot in the head Aug. 12 while the op-ed was being written. The Army Ranger and reconnaissance team leader flown to a military hospital in the United States and expected to survive.

source

The proximity of the deaths of these two soldiers to the writing of their letter (less than one month), not to mention the timing with General Petraeus' appearance in DC (the same day), makes this "accident" look extremely suspicious.

Not that we will ever get a straight story on what happened from the military, the government, or the media. That is one thing I think we all know for sure.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
the limits to the comfort zone's of the most skeptical are soon to be pinched

it's like that cheryl crow song

lie to me , i promise i'll believe lie to me

think about it most people either ignore or don't want to believe that the gov't is dangerous and lying to them because what choice to they have?

i mean especially when things are still ok (regarding their standard of living)

do you think if the citizens organized (or tired to) and said you know what the federal reserve is a bunch of liars and thieves, and fractions within this gov't are killing americans and staging attacks" what do you think the perpurtraitors would say "oh okay , you got me, now i'll play nice, good job". the response would be a military iron fist response to maintain order and "safety" and the dog and pony show would be gone, (maybe most of their bread and circus's as well)

People are more than willing to beleive the lies and deception and act like they are being fooled or don't care because they are FEARFUL of UNKNOWN reprecussion. (wether consciously or subconsiously)

GOVT's UNDERSTAND this psychology and they are CURRENTLY pushing the envelope! what that means is more and more people's comfort zone's will be pushed to a level where they will "wake up" . unfortunatly history teaches us that this level of awareness is not reached to things get really bad and we are reaching this time. it may not be worth it say

lie to me i promise i'll beleive lie to me much longer

on the other hand it's likely another false flag attack is imminent and thus people will be VERY DIVIDED this time, depending on wether they still follow the cheryl crow logic and afraid those speaking out will cause gov't to clamp down on them also vs. those that are fed up.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
i seem to remember reading 'responses' at another site
that there have been numberous & recent 'roll-overs' of military trucks,

maybe a combination of being top=heavy with the addition of
that extra armored plating.....plus going at a high rate of speed
so as to avoid roadside IEDs or snipers or RPGs being fired
while they transit the deadly highway gauntlet.

anyhow, the 7 NCOs, used pen names to protect their identities,
i know that wouldn't actually protect them forever, but just taking that precaution signals that they should expect some sort of backlash...
at being uncharacteristically 'political' while on active duty in a war zone.

thanks,

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Let's also not forget about those soldiers who were witness to the whole Jessica Lynch debacle being whacked out mysteriously.

Peace

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join