It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Speech

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Sapronia, there was once a great emprie know as the Greek.

By the way, have you seen those studies that show the psychologial effects of children with gay parents? Or the studies that show a higher rate of domestic violence in gay homes than in heteralsexual homes?

[I have a gay aunt and I constantly think about how I'm going to break it down to my 4 year old son when he gets older.]

It's just not right, and if it takes the Government getting involved, then so be it.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kramtronix

Originally posted by Colonel
Repugnants mind: We couldn't stop the whites and negroes from marrying! We couldn't stop the Catholics and the Protestants from marrying! We couldn't stop the Jews and Gentiles from marrying! BUT, BY CHRIST, WE'LL STOP THE QUEERS!

By creating laws that discriminate against a certain group of people.

Have I mentioned that I hate repugnants today?

That was about as ignorant as it gets. Deny ignorance, huh?

Interracial marriages and mixed religion marriages don't bother me a bit. However, what you fail to realize is that being GAY is not a religion, nor is it an ethnicity.

How can you argue with anatomy?

Wow.

What consenting adults do in the privacy of their relationship is none of my business so I have no point to argue. The reason why I wrote the above because whatever arguements you are using now to deny gay marriages or civil unions were the same arguements used back then.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'm conservative in nature. I don't agree with Bush, he's beyond the realm of conservative. He's out on a mission that he wants to keep hidden from the people. I hate him.

When it comes to homosexuality, I don't care.
When it comes to abortion, I'm for it. I got one when I was 17 because I didn't want to spawn a child that was with an immature idiot. I'm glad I didn't because I wasn't ready to be a parent, and I didn't want to screw a child up. I wanted to wait until i was ready.

Homosexuality is part of who someone is, although I don't agree with people walking down the street proclaiming their gay, it's still their preferance.

I don't go walking around screaming about how i'm a heterosexual.

What you do in your home is your business, nobody needs to know what goes on behind closed doors.

If you wanna be affectionate out in public go ahead. I don't think any politician should go around trying to legislate individuality. If you want to be gay and get married that's part of who you are, nobody should take that away from you.

Your not hurting anybody.

It's those kinds of politics that really piss me off, when you start getting into citizen's private business and tell them what they can or can't do?? That's wrong.

I think there is some recalling we need to do on our politicians.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I've always found it fascinating that in ancient cultures, homosexuality was perfectly acceptable (see Greeks and Romans), yet it's still coming under attack these days..

I mean, I can't really stand to see two dudes making out...but man, I'm not going to say they can't live how they want to live.

I also understand the child arguement, but as my brother is gay, and works with children (and has won numerous teaching awards I might add), I can't be behind the arguement that they are not good with kids...

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
People that want to "control" personal choices, are afraid of change, there's a statistic that when there is a new idea that emerges 90% of people right off the bat reject it.

I see this in politicians that want to control freedoms of personal preference. It's just wrong.

Abortion? Being gay? If you feel you need to get an abortion, please by all means do so, think it through and feel confident in your decision so you don't suffer later on down the road, and being gay, if you know are, go be gay, get married? so for it if it's going to make you happy.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
For abortion, I'm not what you would call an advocate. Though, I don't believe it's any of the government's business, I also don't believe women should seek to erase a child like it never even happened. We must remember that these are lil people and that it's our responsbility as females to ensure we don't concieve when we are not ready.

Freedom and responsibility go hand in hand--just because abortion is legal doesn't mean you don't have take responsibility for what you do with your uterus. Smart women protect themselves to avoid having to face this situation. Abortion is the easy, selfish way out, imo. Adoption is also a viable solution. Unfortunately, many women dismiss adoption for selfish reasons. Abortion as an option is necessary. Choice is freedom, but adoption is also there and it should never be excluded as part of the choice. All human life is precious. All murder is wrong.

Bush didn't mention abortion in the State of the Union. He didn't mention school prayer or the 10 commandments in the courts. All hot button issues for conservatives and religious zealots. Instead he went after the social/sex issues and things every parent could support. He's staying away from issues that will kill the independant vote. He's using the fear angle. That's why every issue he's stressing has to do with fear--fear of terrorist, fear of degrading marriage, fear of losing sovereignty to Europe, fear that your child will abuse drugs. Smart folk over there in the whitehouse. They know which issues are winners and which are losers.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
When I was 17 I was on birth control, engaged in sexual behaviour without protection with my boyfriend and found out 4 weeks later I was pregnant, it was not intentional...

So just to comment on your viewpoint, indeed I wasn't ready to conceive, hence the abortion. I didn't even know I was pregant until 4 weeks later. And when I did, I did abort. It was a zygot, not a little person at that time.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
Bush didn't mention abortion in the State of the Union. He didn't mention school prayer or the 10 commandments in the courts. All hot button issues for conservatives and religious zealots. Instead he went after the social/sex issues and things every parent could support. He's staying away from issues that will kill the independant vote. He's using the fear angle. That's why every issue he's stressing has to do with fear--fear of terrorist, fear of degrading marriage, fear of losing sovereignty to Europe, fear that your child will abuse drugs. Smart folk over there in the whitehouse. They know which issues are winners and which are losers.

I definitely agree he is using fear tactics, Sadam did that too, although more extreme then bush.
Watched a show two nights ago on the regime of sadam, and a bunch of people were in a room with him, kind of like a lecture seminar.
Someone would call a man's name out in the audience and he knew right there that he was leaving to be put to death. Soon after people started standing up and cheering for him out of "fear" they'd be executed.
So the crowd cheered for Sadam, out of fear.

Any government that instills fear into the citizens of a country, need to be exiled. Or in our case, RECALLED.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
It was a zygot, not a little person at that time.

That's debatable...an embryo is a little baby just as a child is a little man/woman. I think blurring the lines makes it easier for women to do it...oh, it isn't a baby...yes it is, you just didn't allow it grow.

I understand the choice and it shouldn't be taken away, so we somewhat agree. But, I was put off by the mass abortions for everyone cheer. That's a lil out there, imo. Sexual education, and yes that dirty word, abstinence needs to be taught at home as well as at school. Youngins should learn to protect themselves by fully abstaining from sex until their adult enough to deal with the consequences. I support the president's stance on this. How can you not---kids shouldn't be having sex.

That is the point--there are more people that think like me on this issue in america. He replaced an anti-abortion rant with a teach abstainence rant. Purely political. I found myself nodding my head at that portion along with the rehibilitation of convicts, though he should have taken that further and announced he would change his racist drug laws. We prolly won't get into that until we see Sharpton in SC.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join