It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You all miss the point

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
Whatever you have to say is also welcome and appreciated by many, even though you may only hear most from those who are offended by it.

Offended?

Yes the poster is welcome and also can be appreciated by many, but for some of us the truth is what we are after and for persons like me (LOL, if that is even possible), facts, the tangible, verifiable, in your hands types of evidence must be brought forth to come anywhere near accepting an anonymous persons story as truth or part of the truth. This isnt a religion or at least it isnt supposed to be.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that just because there a population of us members that ask for more than just a persons word as a step towards the truth that we are offended by a post like this, I'm not anyway. On the other hand when one comes to this site and presents a spectacular claim, they in turn should not be put off or offended by requests for the evidences needed to sustain or increase believability. If there is none, why post it?

It would take a whole lot more than something like this to get me offended about anything. No offense taken....

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spyral
I am a firm believer in the fact that the infiltration has already begun and the plants have long since rooted. From my personal experience, I can assure you this is true.
Let us know more about your personal experiences and what you've learned and, why are you so scared? What of?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Lost_Mind

Of course you should not just go believing somebody's story just because they claim it. Even having "evidence" should not prove to you that the story is true, or that it happened to the person claiming it and not to somebody else they heard it from. Evidence can be used to prove just about anything.

However, it's very important that humans who have firsthand experiences with alien life be willing and able to share them with others openly, regardless of evidence to make others believe it. Believing it is only secondary to sharing it. There are many people who have experiences and do not post about it, but depend on being able to read about other people's experiences. First, before you can believe something, you have to understand it. Understanding comes from looking at all angles presented by all involved.

There is a great deal of false, slanderous stories circulating about the visiting races. This slander rules the popular opinion. It's racist and prejudiced gossip, perpetuated by people who read everything strategically planted for them and know nothing for themselves. It's vitally important to the goal of uniting our races that other points of view can be heard besides just the repeating over and over of disinformation.

If you get your own evidence one day in the form of personal experience, "nobody" would believe you either, because anybody that would believe you is a "nobody". But if it happens to you, fortunately you will have access to true information about it, no matter how "unpopular" or publicly unproven it is.

[edit on 9/13/2007 by EarthSister]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
If you get your own evidence one day in the form of personal experience, "nobody" would believe you either, because anybody that would believe you is a "nobody". But if it happens to you, fortunately you will have access to true information about it, no matter how "unpopular" or publicly unproven it is.

I don't think that's quite fair to the issue at hand. Our OP started out by saying: "You all miss the point." He then continued to insult the entire group by saying:

It's funny, you are all watching the skies for "visitors." How can you be sure they are not already here and can transcend this reality at will? Just something to think about. I'll be back to check on you all later. Keep watching the skies while your front door remains unguarded.

And with that, he expected to be greeted with open arms and understanding? He didn't even tell us what the issue was or how he was involved. He deserved the reaction he got. But you know what? This isn't a vindictive group. As soon as he came back and said he was frightened people started 'taking care' of him and giving suggestions. We STILL don't know the particulars. Maybe he saw a alien while cleaning rugs in his garage. Maybe it's WAY different than that. At this point we simply do not know and I don't think we should jump to any conclusions yet.

[edit on 9/13/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
schuyler

I chose to take Spyral's opening post as I felt it was meant. I read it as testing and guarded, not inflammatory. I don't read an insult into anything there, and I don't see any constructive reason for anybody else to do that either.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Spyral

Hey there, Spyral. Welcome to Above Top Secret. I See your having a bit of a time with both destructive and constructive criticisms re your first thread.
Lot's of new and old members go through it so don't think your alone, your not.
Interesting subject, happy to see come up again at ATS.
I agree with you in that their here (walking among us). I just hope their not as yet walking amongst the offices of the elected leaders, before a way is found to expose and dispose of them before reaching that level.
It was Gen Twinning's biggest statements in the fifties.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spyral
It's funny, you are all watching the skies for "visitors." How can you be sure they are not already here and can transcend this reality at will? Just something to think about. I'll be back to check on you all later. Keep watching the skies while your front door remains unguarded.

So what exactly are you suggesting Spyral? That visitors are currently transending this reality? And what does that mean? Like penetrating a dimensional veil or evolving from another reality?

It is definitely food for thought and has been suggested many times in many ways.

Do you have something to add to help us see what you are implying? Do you feel that something different than "us" is currently among us?

What did you mean when you said you would be back to check on us later? To see how we responded to the thread or what?

Please share more so we can get the point of veiw you are expressing.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I will tell you what has me so screwed up right now. I tried to talk to family and friends, but when I tried to feel them out, they put up resistance to what I was hinting at. Most simply said, "I would think someone who claimed that is insane, something wrong with them." I found this site by accident. Someone happened to post a a link on a car site I am on. The timing was uncanny, to say the least. I live in Seattle. I am new here, 8 months or so. A transplant from Jacksonville, FL. My job brought me here, as work had originally brought me to Florida from New York where I was born and raised. My roots are shallow, this is not my home and I have very few friends here. This leads me to be a bit of a night wanderer. I go down to the Puget Sound some nights at Alki Beach and sit on the retaining wall and stare at the water and sky for hours, it is soothing. This past Monday I was at a spot I like to sit, it is an old work dock that the cops use as a jump off point for training SCUBA divers. I was sitting on the edge of the dock when I heard something behind me. The area it is in is pretty upscale, so I wasn't scared of a mugger, more thought someone was walking their dog. I turned around and there was no one. I stood up and stepped away from the dock when I heard the sound behind me again, but this time my back was to the water. No way there were SCUBA divers out at this hour of the night. I looked down into the water and saw movement. Might be fish or something, I thought. As I looked around a bit more I felt like someone was there, but it was so dark that I could not make out anyone. I began to get scared. I decided to head back to my car. As I took a few steps I froze. I couldn't move at all. I could see only what was in front of me and what my peripheral vision allowed. That is when I saw what I heard. it was a being of some sort. I could not discern shape or color or anything, but I knew it was not from this world. It shifted around me, the whole time making a murmuring noise, a very deep and guttural sound interspersed with what sounded like clicks. I was more frightened than I have ever been in my entire life. Had I been able to run, I don't think I could have, fear had gripped me completely. At this time I heard the sound of water again and then heard the same type of "speech" but it was a different "voice." There were two of them. I am now sure they came out of the water. They both now continued this circling and at one point part of one of these beings rose to my face and stared at me, if you can call it that. There were no eyes and the shape was not solid, it changed constantly. Not violent or erratic changes, more slow and fluid. I heard one go back into the water as the remaining one stared me down. I felt something in my head and I heard the word "rest" in my head, but the word was not spoken in my voice. The remaining being returned to the water and seconds later I could move again. I fell to the ground, gasping for air. I was so scared I think I was hyperventilating. I felt nothing peaceful or calming, my thoughts were of foreboding and darkness. These were not friendly things, these were sinister, dark beings. I ran back to my car and threw up while I was running. I have not been able to sleep well, work, be social or even concentrate on anything since Monday night. I just keep hearing the word "rest" over and over again, in that voice. I don't know what they were, I can't explain it. They had the power to immobilize me and for all I know, stop time from proceeding around me while they did their examination. Can you see why I am uneasy? Can you see why I may have come off like a lunatic? I don't know who or what to trust. i can't close my eyes without feeling they are close by. Can anyone help me? Where do you go with a problem like this? I don't care who does not believe me. I know there will be someone on here who can help me. Someone must know what I can do.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'm sitting here now at 12:30am because I can't sleep. I have to be up for work in about 5 hours. I sleep maybe 3 hours a night and it is an uneasy sleep. I considered taking sleeping aids, but I am so anti-drug that even the thought of a sleeping pill makes my stomach sour. That's another thing, I have felt sick and nauseous since the encounter. I have been coughing and I have constant heartburn. I never get heartburn.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
thats a weird story.
if its true, try to cool down.
i see strange things, too. it seems to be very common or even rasing in occurence. could you describe those beings more specifically?

best regards

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Spyral

Go to church. Ask for a blessing. Oh, and spend as much time as you can at the church and pray for protection and guidance. It should calm you and give you a base to stand on to get your peace of mind back.

STM

[edit on 9/14/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
there is so many diffrent races in this multi univerese , and complex time and space grid.

there are millions of you and me and all of us , living out our lives but in another time .

The protectors of this planet are doing what they can at the time being to help out this time era , they may not be psyicaly here right now but they can change the future from a diffrent time.

You know there are things you cannot explain there are things you see in the corner of your eye and you dont think much about it because if you start to then it frightens you , you must not be afriad the times will come and you will understand.

Its the fight between heaven and hell and we are stuck inbetween it.

All i can tell you is this century is when we " this era / race / type of humanoid " will fully come into contact with outer time demenasionail and interdimensional beings from other galaxys or other time maps. GET ready get some skills learn how to live without the bull# we havetoday and stay ready , It could come in the next milo second , It could come in a year , but it will come . Fear is a product of the shadow DONOT belive in fear .

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Also i forgot to mention the space rifts on this planet , Alot of these speices of animals that have been discovered that look alien in nature have been slipping through them from diffrent planets and mateing and making more. Alot of weird things come out of those including things created like us , That are here to harm or are just one from another time era that wondered in on axxident.

if any one ever wondered what ghosts are , They are the past witch is still happening.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by D3C0D3

decode, how did you come to the conclusion that ghosts are the past that is still happening? a friend of mine came up with the same theory and hes a photographer.

[edit on 14/9/07 by cometa]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Spyral...I can see perhaps why you hesitated to post your story at first.It does sound extremely frightening.This is the first time I have heard of an encounter such as that.As terrifying as your encounter was...you do need to calm down.The anxiety alone could cause you more problems than solve. Although Iam not a religious person,I agree with seentomuch.I cannot say for sure that the beings you encountered were alien,or some sort of demon. A quick search brought up a bit of info....read some of these encounters and see if you can relate.....
www.burlingtonnews.net...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
@Spyral - Did those things "feel" corporial but like cloaked (kind of hard to explain) or did they feel ghost like ? Also try to describe the sound that you heard comming from the water when you think the beeing emerged and/or went back in . Did it sound like an object entering/exiting water (kind of like a splash sound) or just some wierd sound comming from the body of water.

Why I ask is because I prolly might know somebody that had a similar expirience.

Also try to calm down maybe make some hot jasmin tea (or any other liquid that is hot and you like --hot liquid helps to calm down) and try to take a pen and paper and write everything you remmeber about that expirience (in a brainstorm way not a storytelling way at first) , the reason I ask You to do that is you might start remembering things that went unnoticed the first time because of the fear.

PS: I just wanted to say hello to the whole ATS , I have been lurking for some time on the boards and I guess its time to contribute

PS2: Sorry for any gramar mistakes english is not my native language.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
After having read what you experienced, I would suggest a good dose of psychiatry before I did anything else, if for no other reason to rule out that this isnt something that existed entirely in your head. I mean, it is possible to have very vivid visual/auditory hallucinations during psych events, so much so that the line between what is real and not virtually disappears.

Even if the psych doesnt help explain to you what your are seeing, it very well can help you deal with it on the fear side. I worked with long term chronically mentally ill for 15 years and some of their hallucinations had me wondering at times if what they saw and heard was real (they most certainly were to them), so why not try to rule out the most obvious explanations for this event first. No one outside of your head experienced this with you, right? So the smart thing to do would be to rule out your head first then work it from there....

No, this isnt a veiled attempt to state that you are crazy. To discover what you are experiencing, if you are genuine, has to be a process and this should be your first step.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Welcome to ATS Thill.Good suggestion to the OP. You might want to post an introduction so other members can welcome you properly,and fill out your member profile and launch a comment section.

To Spyral,perhaps yes, you should seek out some counselling as well, if for no other reason...to help calm your fears.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind

Psychiatrist will only try to convince the OP that it was all in his imagination, (which it might be).

Me, i'd perhaps do what another contributor said, write down in a brainstorming sort of way everything that happened that night and then try to piece together.
Then, being the sort of person who likes to confront my fears head on, I would try to replicate the situation.

Failing that I would simply not go back to where the encounter occurred, there is no reason to believe the "entities" intend to track him down and do anything untoward.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
@Spyral - Did those things "feel" corporial but like cloaked (kind of hard to explain) or did they feel ghost like ?

I couldn't feel anything physical at all during the encounter. I know they brushed up against me several times but there was no sensation other than knowing they had brushed against me. Hard to explain, almost like the feeling you would get when a hard wind blew against you.

The sounds they made were very deep and sounded like speech that was mumbled and jumbled together. There were audible clicks as well.

The entering/exiting the water was no different than the sound you would hear when a seal entered the water or got out. Not splashing around, kind of just sliding in and out.

I have taken the advice of brain storming and it has helped me to remember the lack of water birds. There are usually a lot of them on the work dock. I think they sleep there or something. There were none Monday night.

I don't think I am crazy, I am sure I did not imagine this or make it up in my head. I am not extremely religious, but I do go to church. I am having a difficult time wrapping my head around this, yes, but I am not going to a psychiatrist. Reason number one is the fact that I am pretty sure they would try to steer it towards some kind of chemical control and I am not going that route. Two, I know fear can tear you apart, but it can also keep me on my toes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join