It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You all miss the point

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It's funny, you are all watching the skies for "visitors." How can you be sure they are not already here and can transcend this reality at will? Just something to think about. I'll be back to check on you all later. Keep watching the skies while your front door remains unguarded.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I hope you will forgive me, Spyral, for criticizing your post; doubly so, if my post comes off too harsh.

Isn't it slightly presumptuous to accuse everyone of "getting it wrong"? The condescending -- patronizing? -- tone of your post doesn't help your point either -- assuming you had one.

I would like to point out that speculating on the 'invisible aliens among us' scenario is neither new nor any better than watching the skies for visitors. At least, some interesting photographs, videos, and hoaxes have come from the latter. In fact, it is probably easier to provide 'evidence' for aliens in the sky than it is to prove that they walk among us, constantly thumbing their noses at both us and our reality.

Should our civilization adopt a 'faith-based' approach to the Extraterrestrial question? Your post can be interpreted as such. If anything can be called "wrong", that would be it. How would one interact with your hypothetical aliens, when they can cross the boundaries of reality at will, thereby remaining concealed from the human populace? You haven't bothered to address that question. While such a scenario remains untestable by our current technology, no one will address it either. Sure, it's an interesting idea; one, as I've mentioned, which isn't new.

I agree that our current approach to exploring the cosmos is in need of a major upheaval. New approaches are certainly overdue in this area of research. With that said, providing a new viewpoint with your original post's tone would be erroneous at best, and harmful to the UFOlogical community at worst; when the "mainstream" (media, scientific) community decides to ridicule groups such as ours, they use statements like yours as a representation of what this community stands for. I'm sure many would find that offensive: I hope I'm not speaking only for myself.

Once more, my apologies if any offense is taken. However, in my defense, you started it by indirectly accusing everyone (who read your post) of having something 'wrong'. Cheers.

[edit on 9/13/2007 by Mr Jackdaw]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
No offense taken. I am new here. I have not read all of the posts on this board to know what has and has not been discussed. I am a firm believer in the fact that the infiltration has already begun and the plants have long since rooted. From my personal experience, I can assure you this is true. I have no technological back up nor do I have any tangible evidence, but I can assure you there is a force at work far greater than most can comprehend and it is manipulating us, if we chose to acknowledge that or not is the real issue. There are some who would say I am insane and some who will say I am some sort of prankster, but there is a threat and it is well hidden.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I can assure you this is true. I have no technological back up nor do I have any tangible evidence, but I can assure you there is a force at work far greater than most can comprehend and it is manipulating us, if we chose to acknowledge that or not is the real issue.

well, im convinced!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm not here to convince, I am simply here to see what people think. Maybe my first post was a bit catalytic for a reason. Maybe I want to see reaction to know where people stand.

Thanks for helping me gauge reaction.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Welcome to the board.

No need to try and impress anyone. In fact most people lurk and read for several months before posting anything.

It's always a good idea to read and cross check your sources.

What do you believe this mysterious compelling force is that is controlling us?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Has'nt anyone noticed lately the influx of 'new' people posting inflamitory topics that are sensless, pointless and designed to start arguments? Please dont feed the trolls..

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Spyral. May your stay be long and interesting.

You started a thread to gauge reaction from the sites members? Surely you would have garnered enough information on the reaction of ATS members if you had studied the site.

ATS is a place to share information, fears, insights and many other ideas but in my opinion not a place for one to use as a lab to judge it's members.

Civility is of utmost importance in our communication with fellow members but if your future post are like your first post you may not be treated well.

You may not give a rat's patootie...if so..then carry on as you are. Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spyral
From my personal experience, I can assure you this is true. I have no technological back up nor do I have any tangible evidence, but I can assure you there is a force at work far greater than most can comprehend and it is manipulating us, if we chose to acknowledge that or not is the real issue. There are some who would say I am insane and some who will say I am some sort of prankster, but there is a threat and it is well hidden.

Well, Spyral, that's the second superior sounding post you've made, yet you just got here. Your idea isn't really all that new and has been discussed numerous times on ATS, so much that it is an old bone, chewed up and left in the garden now growing green with mold.

But I think it's time that you put up or shut up. You say there is a manipulative force, yet you say you also have no evidence nor any 'technological back up," whatever that may mean.

That's not good enough. If you are going to claim something here, particularly in the supercillius manner you have, then you need to make a case for your claims. WHAT force? HOW do you know? WHY are you in a position to know? Why do you think no one at ATS is? You want to see if 'we' will acknowledge a hidden manipulative force just because you say it is there? So far, you have given us all attitude and ZERO substance.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I am not a troll, I don't live under a bridge or eat squirrels. I am not an elitist, quite the opposite. Don't be too paranoid, I am no threat. Just curious to see if anyone here is capable of helping me.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I'm not here to convince, I am simply here to see what people think. Maybe my first post was a bit catalytic for a reason. Maybe I want to see reaction to know where people stand.

Well, heres a reaction.

If you come across like a cocky know it all trying to run some kind of psychology experiment, people will call you on it, tell you that they don't appreciate it and probably ignore most of the stuff you post.

If, on the other hand, you have insight or potentially important things to say, a little humility goes a long long way.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I am trying my best not to come off as having an attitude, but to be honest it may seem that way at first. I have something I need to discuss but with posts like a few I have gotten in response, I think I am in the wrong place. I'm sorry to have bothered you all.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Well, heres a reaction.

If you come across like a cocky know it all trying to run some kind of psychology experiment, people will call you on it, tell you that they don't appreciate it and probably ignore most of the stuff you post.

If, on the other hand, you have insight or potentially important things to say, a little humility goes a long long way.

To be honest, I am scared out of my mind and don't have any clue what I am doing. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well, that's a bit of a turnaround, though perhaps the other extreme. Bear in mind that most of us are not qualified psychologists capble of helping you with clinical fear issues, we still would be interested in any UFO/Alien-related experiences you care to relate. If you really are seriously frightened, professional help may be in order. A good psychologist can give you techniques to calm yourself down to the point where you could discuss the issues without getting spun up. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Don't be so quick to give up.If it is answers you seek.. then read and research for yourself.Do not expect it to be handed to you on a silver platter.There is much to learn here...especially proper etiquette, you will learn in time.Start by looking through the forums at topics of your interest.. and reading other members posts on the subject.It is difficult to find much that hasn't already been discussed here.You just have to find it. Use the google search button for more specific topics.
Good luck to you.. and welcome to ATS..

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

No offense taken. I am new here. I have not read all of the posts on this board to know what has and has not been discussed. I am a firm believer in the fact that the infiltration has already begun and the plants have long since rooted.

Your "firm beliefs" do not equate to reality for any outside of your personal experiences. This is where those nasty proofs and evidences come into play. If you want someone else to take your version of what is "fact" seriously, better start laying out the nuts and bolts.

From my personal experience, I can assure you this is true.

Personal assurance from an anonymous poster on a conspiracy website isnt, well, assurance at all.

I have no technological back up nor do I have any tangible evidence, but I can assure you there is a force at work far greater than most can comprehend and it is manipulating us, if we chose to acknowledge that or not is the real issue.

Really, then, this post serves no purpose other than to further fan the flames of derision and incessant bickering - why post anything at all? Once again, your assurance means nothing to me, coming from an anonymous body of digital text. This is like an episode of "Seinfeld".

There are some who would say I am insane and some who will say I am some sort of prankster, but there is a threat and it is well hidden.

If it is so well hidden how has Mr. Anonymous Poster happen to have come across this monument of information? As the one producing a rather spectacular claim the burden is well placed upon your shoulders to help us who you claim are ignorant of these mind numbing "facts", see the light so to speak.
Please proceed....names, dates, specifics, etc. would be nice and could you possibly provide any information that hasnt already in one fashion or another been discussed to infinite levels of ad nauseum here already? Thanks!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I am trying my best not to come off as having an attitude, but to be honest it may seem that way at first. I have something I need to discuss but with posts like a few I have gotten in response, I think I am in the wrong place. I'm sorry to have bothered you all.

What would you consider the "right" place? And why?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Seeing as how UFO reports of structured craft have been and are still being made, thinking that all alleged extraterretrial visitations instead happen from god-like beings who can appear at will is a bit more presumptuous than those who think the UFO reports are related to ET visitation, wouldn't you think?

As for ETs being here on this planet right now, that could be accomplished by any with even a modicum of technological talent (so long as they found a way to get here first). Either by hiding somewhere or using Hollywood-like makeup to stay right out in the open. You really wouldn't need any high degree of technology to remain on this planet since even the simplest of our own earth-based lifeforms can hide just as easily when they want to.

Let's not start getting into Star Trek-like extraterrestrial god-like beings when a case can be made for less advanced but still just as profound ETs who need structured craft to visit our planet.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by Frith]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hi All,

Personally I believe that both structured craft are visiting our planet as well as visitors from other frequencies/dimensions/planes. It is an amazing universe we live in with many facets that we are just beginning to explore.

Here's a thread that I feel does a good job of covering visitors from other dimensions:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Discernment is called for whenever dealing with visitors imho.

STM

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Spyral.

There are a few people here who have ongoing contact with alien life, including me. In all my personal experience and understanding with the alien races and with the powers of Earth, there is a great threat, but it's not from the alien races. Most do not agree with me or even believe that I could know what I know, but that's all right, I say it anyway.

Whatever you have to say is also welcome and appreciated by many, even though you may only hear most from those who are offended by it.

If I can be of any assistance to you, just let me know.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join