It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: State of the Union preview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
WASHINGTON: Presidential aides indicate President Bush will make the case for his second term, continue to defend the war in Iraq, and oppose gay marriages in tonight's state of the union address.

www.CNN.com "Aides said he will lay out his presidential legislative priorities and his international priorities. And the president will also tackle the controversial issue of gay marriage, declaring -- as he has before -- that marriage should be between one man and one woman." Key points of the state of the union will be covered in individual posts on ATSNN to allow our members to comment on specifics, rather than the entire speech.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
He needs to get a back to his core constiuents, the (place Colonel's favorite word here). He lost his independent voters b/c they no longer trust him. So, he goes back to his base for support.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
He needs to get a back to his core constiuents, the (place Colonel's favorite word here). He lost his independent voters b/c they no longer trust him. So, he goes back to his base for support.

I nominate thee to write commentary on the state of the nation tonight!

This is Bush trying to get down to grassroots level, something the democrats have been doing all campaign, he's going to say everythings wonderful.

Oh, and on a more interesting note... if we have a new president he will be inaugurated on Jan 20th 2004, exactly one year from today.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'll be watching Bush's State Of The Union tonight while the rest of my family is watching American Idol. Nothing can top his Axis Of Evil speech, though. My jaw hit the floor when gave that one.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's something new every year, Axis of Evil, Nuclear Saddam....I wonder what em...greatness we are in store for tonight.

new topics

top topics

join