It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man taking photos of I-80 bridge found to be on terror watch list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Man taking photos of I-80 bridge found to be on terror watch list

www.thnt.com

STROUDSBURG, Pa. -- The Monroe County district attorney says a man on a terrorism watch list was discovered taking photos of the Interstate 80 bridge crossing the Delaware River.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mcall.com

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I dont' know if I believe this. I mean I believe that they really stopped a guy taking pictures but here's a theory; ceratin individuals within the govt put a bunch of bogus names on the terror watch list then make fake ids and give them to guys that fit a "terrorist profie" and have them go around various parts of the country to do these very overt bus suspicious acts to keep everyone in fear.

Aside for that very large sentence, what do you think?

(BTW, the second article link is more in depth than the source one.)

www.thnt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I seriously would like to see this "watch list" id be willing to bet many of us by "name" not us directly, are on this list... your probably onto something to an extent..

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Considering what you have to do to end up on this list this isn't really a surprise. My guess is that he has been taking photographs of planes or bridges or such before. A very dangerous individual indeed, those pesky photographs are so dangerous

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps
reply to post by scooler1

reply to post by C0le

I prefer to live in a country where none of you reside.

You may call me 'politically incorrect'; but I believe you (all of you) are extremely dangerous and lethal to me and my children.

Funny thing is, I wrote a thesis, based on similar liberal conspiracy a decade , or two, ago(we didn't have the 'internet' when I was in college). I was 'one of a kind', back before conspiracy had a title. My professors hated me, and my peers made fun of me.

I truly wish that I had ATS back in the day.

I'm older now. I'm actually way more mature and wiser. I wrote my thesis as a 'high school graduate'. I now hold a few collegiate degrees; I have a B.A. in Business administration and a B.S. in Applied Behavioral Science.

I, now, understand what my mother meant by"you'll understand when you're more mature'.

World politics is 100% retrospective. In fact, the political parties are betting on your (un)education. Seriously!

Why do you think the Repubs geer more towards the college educated, business owners? The Dems write their campaigns based on minority, lower-educated, state dependents.

The party that wins is the party with the highest voting population.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Whats your point here?

[edit on 13-9-2007 by C0le]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
SourGrapes - you're exactly what we need less of on this planet.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
[edit on 13-9-2007 by SourGrapes]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
[edit on 13-9-2007 by SourGrapes]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
What does any of this have to do with a guy on the terror watch list taking pictures of I-80? Did I miss a meeting?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
Did I miss a meeting?

You didn't get the memo?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
We'd better round up all the train and plane spotters now as well then.

Jeez, you can't fart without being called a terrorist now.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Let me get this straight. We have a terrorist watch list that doesn't do ANYTHING? Let me explain. They talked to a man taking pictures of a populated interstate. They ask him what he's doing and he says "taking pictures on my vacation" and they just go "Oh ok!".

He obvious caused enough alert to police to just be questioned why didn't they run his name through the computer? I heard reports of people seeing test runs of 9/11 (No clue if its true, just heard people said they saw them on planes preparing or whatever) and nothing was done even when reported.

Just why make a terror database if you aren't going to run people that are doing "terrorist like things"?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanormalShiver
Just why make a terror database if you aren't going to run people that are doing "terrorist like things"?

It's not exactly useless. Here in Britain I think it's been used a few times to stop things and unfortunately, to cause in the death of an innocent.

Funnily enough, it has to abide by the law so they can't arrest people for just taking pictures, they need proof that they are planning an attack before moving in.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
reply to post by PsykoOps
reply to post by scooler1

reply to post by C0le

World politics is 100% retrospective. In fact, the political parties are betting on your (un)education. Seriously!

Why do you think the Repubs geer more towards the college educated, business owners? The Dems write their campaigns based on minority, lower-educated, state dependents.

The party that wins is the party with the highest voting population.

At the risk of being ATS spanked for a one-liner, I must say this is one of the best posts to come across this site. Truthful, insightful, and brutally honest. This poster is absolutely correct!

Star given.

Becker

[edit on 13-9-2007 by Becker44]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
As a hobbie I am a photographer and take many pictures of objects, buildings and people. Are you telling me that if I am caught taking pictures of bridges I will get interrogated and possibly arrested? The officer had no business questioning that individual, this is the land of the free after all... isn't it?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Wow I live just 5 to 7 miles from this bridge. I know this state, NJ, has allot of moslem population. But not usuallly around this wooded nature area.

[edit on 9/13/2007 by zman]

apc

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Our watch list is a joke. There has to be tons of people named Imran Ahmed in this country. And the last thing a Muslim terrorist is going to do is conduct recon while looking like a Muslim terrorist!

While profiling may be effective considering the underlying facts, the profile desperately needs to be refined. 20,000 more names a month?! They're not painting with a wide brush. They're dunking the whole canvas in!

new topics

top topics

join