It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Lab Not Tracking All Plutonium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Report: Lab Not Tracking All Plutonium

ap.google.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — A stockpile of plutonium and other nuclear weapons materials stored at Los Alamos National Laboratory hasn't been fully accounted for in 13 years or more, a government audit has found.

The northern New Mexico lab's workers have done regular, partial inventories of the material, which the government considers to be at high risk of theft, the audit by the Energy Department's inspector general, Gregory Friedman, found.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
kob.com

[edit on 13-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Okay, so we're not keeping inventory of our plutonium, big deal right? It's somewhere around, just not documented, so why a story on this now? Is this to show us American citizens and the rest of the world our incompetency?

I find it highly suspect that first of all, Los Alamos National Lab can't keep a proper inventory of things like plutonium, but say that it's over ten years now, leads one to believe that there may have been many opportunities for things to just disappear.

(visit the link for the full news article)
ap.google.com

[edit on 9-12-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think that we are seeing these type of stories for a very good reason. If/When a dirty bomb goes off on US soil, people can then point to these news stories and say "Thats how they got the materials'. No one is this dumb. Unaccounted Plutonium? Nuclear missiles "accidentally being put on bombers? One possibly unaccounted for?

It is all BS and it is being put out there for a reason. My reasoning could very well be wrong, but rest assured there is a reason and time will tell us what it is.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

section8citizen

I agree with you. It sure does seem like things are being set up in some way. I seen on a discovery channel show awhile back that we were paying Russia to protect it's nuclear fuel supplies and clean up. We are actually buying their spent fuel. We can not even take care of our own?? This is very strange.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
hmmm, this thread Barksdale
and post by azchuck

suggests that perhaps there is a very extensive search going on for something specific and probably led to the discovery that Los Alamos inventory was skewed?

[edit on 9-12-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Over the years I have obtained enough Plutonium to fashion a pair of underpants ~ they keep me all warm and snug, and I have been told they will work wonders for my fertility.

Seriously though, makes you wonder how much of the stuff is floating around.

Look at the results from google for 'missing plutonium' scary

The stuff aint cheap either - $4000 per gram their not that careless with your tax details now are they?

[edit on 12/9/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
holy cow...

look at this and it's from 2004!!!!

Los Alamos Missing Plutonium for 150 Nuclear Bombs

I wonder if those guys feel vindicated knowing they were right and it's being confirmed now?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
This would be the more likely reason or excuse the goverment would give if a dirty bomb went off.Not the missing air force nuke but something like this is perfecto.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Project_Silo

Exactly what I was thinking.

This all seems too 'perfect' to not be something. Missing nukes, missing plutonium and America is itching for an excuse to go into Iran.

Then again, we could all be wrong and this may be one huge coincidence.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
yes you guys are right, it would be very easy now to say dirty bomb components were stolen from Los Alamos if it is ever tested and traced back to the US.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

After a dirty bomb goes off can you really (reliably) trace the source of the material?

I imagine with the quantities that seem to be missing it would boil down to educated guess work as opposed to infallible testing ~ but then I do make a good arm chair observer.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

honestly, I don't think it would matter where the components came from once a dirty bomb goes off. We'd all be in reactionary mode and probably involved in another military offense that we wouldn't care.

top topics

join