It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tangerine peels "kill cancer"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Tangerine peels "kill cancer"

news.bbc.co.uk

A team from Leicester School of Pharmacy found Salvestrol Q40 was turned into a toxic compound in cancer cells, destroying them.

Salvestrol Q40 is found at higher concentrations in tangerine peel, than in the flesh of the fruit.

The researchers suggest the modern trend to throw away peel may have contributed to a rise in some cancers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I found this article today and thought it pretty extraordinary! Hopefully, more research will come into this subject so scientists and doctors can find out exactly what is to come of this extract!

Could be on the verge of something large!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
first lemon juice, now tangerines... If i ever get stuck with cancer, all I'm doing is eating acidity fruits!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
How is this not breaking news everywhere and a much bigger story? If true this is possibly the biggest breakthrough in medicine ever.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Eat the peels!?! Eeeeww. No way. Nah, jk, great news if true

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I also heard that the arsenic in apple seeds etc builds up in your system over time and helps fight cancer cells. Because in the old days people used to eat the seeds supposedly cancer wasn't very common.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cthulwho
I also heard that the arsenic in apple seeds etc builds up in your system over time and helps fight cancer cells. Because in the old days people used to eat the seeds supposedly cancer wasn't very common.

What do you mean by old days? Life expectation wasn't that great in the old days either

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
i wonder if this is why you rarely see tangerines (and satsumas) around much less nowadays - even at christmas time. everywhere just seems to sell clementines nowadays and they are horrible.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cthulwho

there was also a period of months when Apricot seeds were processed
for the natural cancer fighting properties they were thought to have,

i vaguely recall grape seeds with a similar legend,
but- wow - those seeds are bitter,

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by Cthulwho

i vaguely recall grape seeds with a similar legend,
but- wow - those seeds are bitter,

Trans-resveratrol in grapes and red wine is said to shrink tumors and lower cholesterol.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Oh lovely! I've been drying the peels and eating them for years. Wait, does it work if the peels are dried first?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
You might also want to look up Intravenous Ascorbic Acid and Graviola.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
You can get highly concentrated levels of the peel in the essential oil of tangerine. Make sure you get COLD PRESSED oils....

Essential oils of lemon, grapefruit, tangerine and pine have all been found VERY helpful in destroying cancers.......but thats natural medicine so MD's wont be sharing that info with anybody to soon............

In the aroma therapy field this has been known for over a dozen years if not more......I am glad that actual MD's are catching on.....thats really good news

[edit on 20-7-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

top topics

join