It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Jesus be the George Bush of 2000 years ago?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I mentioned this because Jesus had many followers so could he have used the Bible to manipulate people ? I imagine people in that age were very gullable and he could have had the power George Bush has today (if he wasnt nailed to the cross that is).

So what im trying to say is could he have jst made everything up because ha wanted power and followers? If so it sure did work (for a short time anyways)

So what do you guys think ?

Oh and here is a link to one of my other threads about 2012,enjoy!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Lukekilla4]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lukekilla4

I seriously doubt it, considering I don't ever recall an account of Jesus sending in an "army' to destroy a country. Unlike George W Bush , Jesus taught a doctrine of peace and love...Not so much of that coming from Bush.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The Bible didn't exist until 300 years after Jesus' death. So, no, he couldn't have used it in any form.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I didn't mean he did EXACTLY what bush did but he did have the same amount of power he did. (I dont mean power like a whole country but he did have a lot of influence back then

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
ya, i see the link... but really, Jesus was the man. Even if he didn't exist, the archetype he represents is pretty much the ideal state of consciousness and the ultimate friend.

Bush on the other hand, is the archetypal equivalent of Grendel.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I don't think Jesus gained his 'power' until after his death. Like another poster said, the bible was created 300 years after his 'death'.

I also don't think Jesus 'stole' his power through election fraud, and outright lies.

While it is possible that Jesus 'made everything up', I think it is more likely that during Canonization of the New Testament, that 'the church' crafted a story of a man named Jesus that best fit their needs, utilizing written and oral stories passed down for hundreds and hundreds of years.

So in a way, I can see how the Republican Party Canonized George W. Bush, because his father was God of the CIA, and how they crafted the story that best fit their needs. (heterosexual, born again christian, yale grad, etc...) They also left out the parts of his life that didn't (homoerotic secret society rituals, yale male cheerleader, vietnam war dodger, business faliure)

So perhaps what you are trying to say, is that maybe Jesus wasn't the Son of God, and that he married Mary Magdeline, and couldn't perform miracles? I can agree with that statement. That maybe the Bible Stories are just that stories. But comparing G. W. Bush to the character Jesus from the Bible is like comparing charred human remains to the birth of your own first born child.

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Yes thankyou thats what I was trying to say yet I didnt know how to say it
so thanks for helping me out

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't know.

One has to also realize how the Bushes have royal blood, and can trace their lineage back to those who believe it is their divine right to be King. You can easily imagine that Bush has thought to himself at least once, thathe was God's choice, and maybe he is, but not for the reasons he thinks....

I think time will tell, but if God wanted Bush to be King, I mean President, it is only because he wants to show us what a tyrant is, and how to defeat one...

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yes you're right time WILL tell I just hope we wont be late to do anything about it

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I believe that one could list reasons why they are NOT alike for eternity. However, since your thread is asking to compare, I will attempt to do so for you...When I think of our president, i feel like he is more of a spokesperson, a symbol, a puppet some might even say. He's not really the highest in charge (imo) And that he has a small group of individuals advising him, but ultimatley there is some one at the top of the elite chain of command who is his "behind the scenes" superior, one that the people of the world could never see.
Jesus could be said to have been made into a "symbol" or icon, he had the decsiples advising him, but in the End he only answered to God, who no one else could see. (No disrespect but) he was in a way a puppet, With God pulling the strings and humanity watching the Grand Puppet Show as spectators. Kind of the way the pres is a puppet and the people of the world today sit back and watch the amazing spectacles created for us to whitness through the help of the media.
They also both have connections to the jews.
Holy s#!%, I think Gee-Dubya just might be the anti-christ, now I'm freakin out!

top topics

join