It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At The Brink of War

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by shug7272
reply to post by princeofpeace

You seem to like history as a gauge huh. How about this, in the history of THE WORLD has any super power not imploded, destroyed itself or just flat out been destroyed? Nope, and if you think the corrupt US government will be the first to stave this off... well then you dont care for history as a barometer as much as it would seem.

While you are historically accurate, it might be worth considering that we are the first "superpower" in the history of history to be able to end life on earth altogether in a single afternoon.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjmurphy53711

Originally posted by shug7272
reply to post by princeofpeace

You seem to like history as a gauge huh. How about this, in the history of THE WORLD has any super power not imploded, destroyed itself or just flat out been destroyed? Nope, and if you think the corrupt US government will be the first to stave this off... well then you dont care for history as a barometer as much as it would seem.

While you are historically accurate, it might be worth considering that we are the first "superpower" in the history of history to be able to end life on earth altogether in a single afternoon.

Uhhhh.... The USSR comes to mind, they certainly imploded.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hello Master Mason,
First, LarryB's post...a little micro in a macro world. Who's who, wants what and just around the corner? Enjoyable tid-bit Larry!
I think the Mason's original post was a great job at bringing stuff together. I too believe the world is, as we contemplate, in a serious game of chess. Atleast the top players at any rate and maybe a couple wanna-b's bucking for position, eh.
But I am not a scholar my mason friend and I sence a touch of arrogance along your thread. But that's o.k.. Sometimes it can give one an edge...then again sometimes it can get people killed as senceslessly as a muslim and innocent bystanders.
You have much faith in your view of history and the short history of modern tech.. Don't be too sure that it won't be men who save your behind oneday and not some gov. robot.

[edit on (9/15/0707 by arloray]

[edit on (9/15/0707 by arloray]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I seriously hope we bomb the crap out of Irans nuclear and military installations.........sooner better than later. Either way it has to be done. These Mullas are islamic extremists.........what other tactic is there? They do not negotiate normally. Either you are an Infidel or you arent. There is no such thing as religious freedom in their eyes. What else do we do? It's either the death of freedom now people or we fight and defeat them. When will people on this site understand that?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
People hate Bush no doubt. The WMD's are were shipped to Seria with help of the Russians. Then we have the democrats who will compromise this nations security for power...........it's really sick. Do you really want Hillary or the Breck Girl or even Obama running foreign policy right now? I dont. God Bless Bush.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonmod
People hate Bush no doubt. The WMD's are were shipped to Seria with help of the Russians. Then we have the democrats who will compromise this nations security for power...........it's really sick. Do you really want Hillary or the Breck Girl or even Obama running foreign policy right now? I dont. God Bless Bush.

Amen. I find it amazing that people think Bush is the problem while radical muslim's attacked the US on 9/11 and have been beheading people, bombing mosques, and blowing up innocent civilians in the middle east in the name of "religion" ! This is what we are fighting. If we let up now God help us all. America has to stand up and fight and right now we are. If Hillary or Obama get in as POTUS you can count on a major attack within the first 6 months. By the way doesnt anyone know that most all Arabs regard women as a they do their cattle? So if they regard their own women as such do you really believe they will listen or respect a woman President? I hardly think so.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Benchmarks for war, what a joke. There are no benchmarks for war...American democrats are so unrealistic and out of touch with reality as of most of the young people on this site...I allways remind myself that 20% of people were on Lincolns side. It nearly killed him doing the right thing. Our people are pussies these days and afraid to stand up to opression. Muslim extremism...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Lincon was a tyrant and much of what he did has lead to the demise of this nation.
Lincon is the reason so many can make the mistake of calling this nation a democracy.
And yes we are on the brink of war... but it won't be the armeggedon so many are predicting.
More like alot of fear mongering while our freedoms are turned into felonies.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Benchmarks for war, what a joke. There are no benchmarks for war...American democrats are so unrealistic and out of touch with reality as of most of the young people on this site...I allways remind myself that 20% of people were on Lincolns side. It nearly killed him doing the right thing. Our people are pussies these days and afraid to stand up to opression. Muslim extremism...

jasonmod, Once again Amen to your post. If the kids of today would stop playing their Playstation's and X-Boxes and actually watch the news they may just understand that their liberty is not being attacked by their President but Muslim radicals wanting their very real destruction. They just dont get it. Thank God my son does. He just graduated from college and he very aware of the turmoil in the world and who is causing it all. He is thinking about getting into politics because of all this. I used to at least respect democrats. Now they are represented by the extreme left and look to be doomed. They seem to actually want the destruction of our country. It amazes me some of the things they talk about.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessDespot
Lincon was a tyrant and much of what he did has lead to the demise of this nation.
Lincon is the reason so many can make the mistake of calling this nation a democracy.
And yes we are on the brink of war... but it won't be the armeggedon so many are predicting.
More like alot of fear mongering while our freedoms are turned into felonies.

I have a question for you. Is there anything that you cannot do today that you could do 7 years ago? Just answer me that one thats all I ask?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Please elaborate...Okay, let's say the Democrats win the presidential election and we are rid of Bush. Then what? We bring the troops home and there is genocicide in Iraq between sunnis and #tes.. Then Iran takes over and is emboldened and gets the confidence to attack Israel. Then we back Israel and there is nuclear war anyway. War is iminent with Islamic extremism.......why wait? Please tell me. I would love to here a solution besides so called benchmarks from the Democrats or other world figures.....I say we bomb asap despite the Russiands or the Chinese. They arent FREE countries anyway. Go live in either one if you doubt it....pleaSE REPLY AND DEBUNK ME. I would welcome a real solution to this.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IThinkTooMuch

That's the wrong question.
Shoud be:
Is there anything the Federal government can do now that they couldn't do 7 years ago...
14 years ago...
21 years ago...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessDespot

That's the wrong question.
Shoud be:
Is there anything the Federal government can do now that they couldn't do 7 years ago...
14 years ago...
21 years ago...

No the real question is "Have you lost any of your rights"? Well have you? NO you haven't. See this is what I despise about some people in America today. They wail and cry about losing their civil liberties and then when you ask them what they have lost they have NO ANSWER?
You have NO ANSWER !
As far as the government is concerned they have protected me and my family for the past 6 years and I agree with the Patriot Act among other things that have been implemented. I also agree with letting the government tap outgoing phone calls to Arab countries or somewhere that looks suspicious. The way I look at it if I am not doing anything wrong I don't have to worry. Its so simple isn't it?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
So tell me guys, with your old age and wisdom, what would have happened if Neo-Nazi extremists had blown up a building they felt contained Jews, in the name of purging the Jews from the media? And let's say those Neo-Nazis came from a few European countries, and consisted only of a few thousand people scattered in cells within these countries. Would we then "bomb the #" out of one of those countries? And please don't delude yourself by polarizing any enemy of the United States as the absolute "bad guy."

We never had to go to war with those countries to be made safe from further terrorist attacks. War is only necessary in the case of an imminent INVASION. We simply needed to address security measures, and stand tough in the face of extremists who wanted to strike an emotional chord in all American's hearts, which they most certainly did. All indications are that we have fueled more anti-western sentiment and created more terrorists. This is not speculation.

So if our current administration had simply passed measures to make us more safe, we would BE more safe, but instead they convinced us to invade Iraq on a lie about WMDs.

It's easy for YOU to say "let's go bomb this country or that" but YOU don't have to deal with the constant fear of the people living in Iraq due to the sectarian violence brought on by US. Saddam was a terrible leader, but he was also keeping the country stable with his control. We have to accept responsibility for the fact that we have made the climate in that country different such that this kind of brutal sectarian violence is possible. The government traded hands from Sunni to Shia, and it's our fault. How many tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians have died as well? And more of our sons and daughters have died in Iraq than the amount lost in 9-11. Does this mean nothing to you? How many wars, how many lives lost to protect us from a couple thousand extremists in the world?

Watching videos of 9-11 does not make my lip tremor, my heart beat rapidly, or my blood boil. The media has desensitized me to the event, and frankly far worse things have happened. The tsunami in 2004 killed over 200,000 people, and the best we did for them is air their struggle on the news for a few months and get a few sporadic food aid funds going for them. Enough people died from that to equate to 73 9-11's. Imagine the pain and loss from that attack multiplied by 73. What DOES get me riled up is when people sit there in their comfortable prefab houses talking about how we should make war against yet another nation, and criticize those who want to stop our current Vietnam.

We get so caught up in obsessing over our safety in this country that we begin to lose perspective. War is ALWAYS supposed to be a final solution to a problem, and many agree it should NEVER be a solution, yet we have been flirting with wars with different countries repetitively over the last 7 years as though it were a political tool, like a filibuster.

And by the way, it's not that our civil liberties are gone, it's that the government has passed laws enabling them to legally take our civil liberties at a moment's notice for any reason.

People get so far removed from the reality of suffering in this world that we sit on our arses commenting on which countries we should be bombing while ignoring atrocities in Darfur and complete catastrophes in other countries, like Sumatra.

And we play XBOX 360 and PS3 now.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Second amendment
Fourth amendment
Fifth amendment
Sixth amendment
All gone or barely recognizable.
I understand you have nothing to hide... Neither do I.
That's not the point.
Do you have the right to bear arms?
Can you travel about without being searched?
Is it possible now for you to be held indefinitely without charges being filed?
I didn't say all of our rights were gone.
They are whittling them away....
To protect us.
From terrorists.
Terrorists they trained.
Terrorists on their payroll.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
This is probably incredibly callous to ask especially since ATS is largely american (or at least this thread is) but where would Europe be in all this?
I suppose Ireland will just keep its head down like we always do.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Could the 'brink of war' be a media based debacle?
Here is an interesting 'revelation' about ABC news, and the war.

There's a huge new media scandal breaking this morning, and the headline so far -- that a much-used consultant to ABC News published a phony interview with Barak Obama -- may well be the tip of the proverbial iceberg. The news about now ex-ABC consultant Alexis Debat (left) is just dribbling out, but I'm surprised people haven't been connecting the dots. This post will seek to connect a couple of them.

Simply put, Debat - a former French defense official who now works at the (no, you can't make these things up) Nixon Center -- has also been a leading source in pounding the drumbeat for war in Iran, and directly linked to some bizarre stories -- reported on ABC's widely watched news shows, and nowhere else -- that either ratcheted up fears of terrorism or that could have stoked new tensions between Washington and Tehran.

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

It appears from the essay that we are being taken to the cleaners by the media. Which I believe is already known and besides who trusts the media?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

The WMD's where shipped to Syria? .. Its possible, but there is absolutely NO proof. In fact it seems pretty unlikely considering Syria and Iraq where no where near friends. Assad was quite happy to see the Iraqi government fall.

Then you add in those infamous Ruskies. Out there in the desert helping Saddam move the WMD's.
And what WMD's are we even talking about. We know that Iraq did not have nukes. You don't burry nukes in the desert of an enemy. Aside from that, he was against a wall if he really had a WMD logic would say he woulda used it against our troops when we where walking through the desert towards Bahgdad.

Amen. I find it amazing that people think Bush is the problem while radical muslim's attacked the US on 9/11 and have been beheading people, bombing mosques, and blowing up innocent civilians in the middle east in the name of "religion" !

I find it amazing people still think Iraq attacked us? .. Islam is a religion, it IS NOT A NATIONALITY. If you wanted to say Nationality then we would be at war with SAUDI ARABIA!!! .. But we got to many shady business deals with the House of Saud to go to war, but that does not take away from the fact that Saddam had no part in the attack.

This is what we are fighting. If we let up now God help us all

Lol.. beacuse the evil Muslims will come take over America.

By the way doesnt anyone know that most all Arabs regard women as a they do their cattle?

Typical American cultural ignorance. That's about all I have to say about that.

I allways remind myself that 20% of people were on Lincolns side. It nearly killed him doing the right thing. Our people are pussies these days and afraid to stand up to opression. Muslim extremism..

Lincoln? Probably the single worst President of our history. He waged an illegal invasion on SOVEREIGN NATIONS WITHIN THE CONFEDERACY and brought about the true consolidation of the Federal Government. Of course people like you would not care that the Republic fell and was replaced after the war with this monster of a Bureaucracy.

Whats funny about people like you is the very reason I am no longer a Republican.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hi, I've only read about 100 posts in this thread, so I'm not sure whether I'm telling much news. I haven't been at ATS for a long time, but today the reason was a minor political earthquake in Germany, my home country btw. Our very own secretary of inner security said in an interview of one of the most important and influent newspapers (I'm translating rather freely):"It is not a question whether terrorists going to strike with nuclear weapons or not, but the question is when. But the people should not spend the rest of the time (... until they strike) fearing the end of the world, but live their lives normal." This is more or less exactly what he said. Now, the first sentence is common knowledge I think. What really struck me was "the rest of the time", somehow implying there is not very much time left. And somehow I can't get rid of the feeling they know something again. That's why I came to ATS again, found this thread and now I'm really scared. Because it all fits the pattern (and I'm only slightly paranoid). There's an international financial crisis, oil prizes reached an alltime high last week, as well as the dollar an alltime low. Ramadan has just started. The plans for a war against Iran are not about to be made, they are in the drawers since a long time (as they were for Iraq long before 9/11; whether it was an inside job or not doesn't matter - it was a very welcome ignition point) as you can read here:

www.globalresearch.ca...

That only means: if there's a next large scale terrorist attack, maybe even a nuclear one, war against Iran is following very shortly after. As you can see in the article above, very likely by using nuclear weapons. But not only that, it would be a "Catastrophic Emergency", which means America wont have any elections for the next years:

www.globalresearch.ca...

And, of course, no civil rights anymore. That really would be the end of the world as we know it. And, if I remember exactly, in more esoteric threads on ATS I read some time ago that the world is beginning to end in 2008. I am scared.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I read in the paper today that Rice would resign if Bush attacks Iran without consulting congress. And that Dick and Connie were fighting over this topic.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join