It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At The Brink of War

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
It all rests on the shoulders of one man

Or at least a couple of them. Our leaders are going to get us all killed. I want off this planet!!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Woulfe
Well you don't think they'll spill there own blood for this war do you ?

Of course not.

But when members start talking about blood sacrifices, I think we are taking a walk down the path of cults and satanists which ends up in David Icke land

Well, they do seem to be steering this handbasket somepalce warm like lizards like, why do lizards sit on top of computer monitors anyway, is that why they'er called "Monitor" lizards ?

David Icke took one too many hits to the head I think, but that's just me.

I can believe that these "Folks" are satanists, after that tho' I have to draw the line, you can only accept so much know what I mean ?

It starts to sounds too much like Scientoligy after that.

Hint : Scientoligy was made by a SCIENCE FICTION writer, and not a verry good one at that, in fact he couldn't write his way out of a paper bag, which is why he started a FAUX religon as there was more money in that then there was in writting z-grade Sci-Fi books.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Let me know if you find a way off this rock. I'll be happy to join you. I've had enough of this BS we call government as well. It's like kindergarten all over again. Except when they cry because they want something, they usually get it. And when they do get caught doing something wrong, instead of a swift spanking, they get to sip their bourbon in "time-out".

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Didn't the late great Douglas Adams say how to get off the planet ?

1. Send a message to ET's asking for help.
( Useing a tin can, an umbrella, some string and a speak & spell )

2. Call NASA.
( Good luck with that they seem to be stuck in orbit, which might not be a bad place when you think about it )

3. Set up camp at Devil's Tower and play five notes.
( Ask Steven Spielberg about this one )

4. Build your own space ship.
( Richad Branson seems to know a thing or two about this )

5. Contact your local travel agency and book the next flight to the middle of nowhere, which is allmost like being on another planet anyway.
( Like where I live, Longmont, Colorado, it's like the middle of nowhere )

6. Head for the nearest tropical island with a note from your doctor saying your there for "HEALTH" reasons, namely too much stress.
( Hey why not ? )

7. Go on a cruise for the same reason as #6.
( This could be fun )

8. Head to VEGAS BABY ! As it's so strange there it's like being on another planet without actualy going verry far. Be sure to try the all you can eat 'till your sick buffet.
( This will give you an excuse to see what Area 51 is all about too )

9. Find out where they hid the UFO that crashed in 1947, repair it useing duct tape.
( Hey, duct tape can fix anything, right ? )

10. Pray to whatever diety you believe in to come and take you away.
( The most far-feched of the options here )

Something like that.

[edit on 9/13/2007 by Woulfe]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Wow! Gloom, Doom and Mayhem

I'm at work so I was only able to read a few of the replies posted. So forgive if I repeat someone.

We are not even in the ball park of the old Cold War tensions. The US, China and Russia are NOT going to engage in direct combat. Any fighting will be done by proxy in small battles that amount to muscle flexing. This trying to scare people and panic them is a bad idea.

September 14th is just another day and it so happens the Military is doing what they always do after an accident or a mistake is made. Everything else is meaningless hype invented by doom and gloomers on the Internet. People who won't even apologize when it becomes apparent they were wrong. Not only won't they apologize for scaring people they will start up another story to scare people again. It almost seems like people want these horrors to happen so badly they are trying to cause them to happen. I can't think of a better way to assist our Enemies than to scare people with this kind of propaganda.

There may someday be a an attack by the US or even NATO against Iran which may even be a good thing. When the leader of a country says over and over again their goal is the elimination of Western Democracy and Genocide against Israel you have got to take that seriously. To take their side would mean agreeing with their goal which is a horror even Hitler never envisioned. The people of Iran need to rise up and stop this if they truly are good people. They have the power to do it. If they agree with this envisioned Genocide, who cares what happens to them.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Lurker for the most part so forgive me intrusion. Nice to hear a "positive" reply and I hope to hell you're right.
Having said that, I agree with Trader...grab a beer, relax and wait and see. If the wheels are in motion, there's really nothing any of us can do at this point.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I could say exactly the SAME thing about US.

The diff between US president and Iran president is that the Iran President has the balls to say exactly what he means to do.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Spent a huge bunch of the day reading the REAL news about all of this. IMHO without the media hype and conspiracy stuff...This will turn into a limited strike and a UN mission. It will be a looooooong process. From the news crap this a.m. everybody made it seem like the sky was falling. In reality it was my IQ for reading this junk that was falling. I cant afford to loose any IQ

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Spent a huge bunch of the day reading the REAL news about all of this. IMHO without the media hype and conspiracy stuff...This will turn into a limited strike and a UN mission. It will be a looooooong process. From the news crap this a.m. everybody made it seem like the sky was falling. In reality it was my IQ for reading this junk that was falling. I cant afford to loose any IQ

That's true. but usually do the media let us know much? besides the little they really want us to know? which is why we seek out other media outlets from other countries and we start speculating and talking about those.
But most of the time half of the time it's all talk. But when/if they do-do it for sure..well..shieeett

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
We may be a brink of war, but who's to say how long that brink is?
Even 10 years is "on the brink" in the overall view of history. Besides,
all countries rise, fall and go to war. Conflict is in our human genes.
Just read ATS daily and you'll see that peace and love is not mankind's
primary emotion. And ATS is indeed representative of a cross section
of humanity isn't it.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I agree with trader as well. If things are in motion, and it will happen soon like some of you are predicting. What the hell can we do about it right now anyhow? I myself am going to the store on my way home, I am going to buy a nice fat ribeye, a big old baker tater, some stuff to make a ceasar salad, and a six pack, no a 12 pack of newcastle. I am going to enjoy my dinner, get drunk off the best beer on the planet, and then go to bed and probably have my wife shoot me down when I try to have sex with her. Tomorrow if the world has started crumbling then I will go about plans that I have set forth in my mind. If not I will just take a shower and go to work. Chill out folks, I am not saying stand idly by while our government runs this great country into the ground. Just stop basing everything off some date. Yeah we will attack Iran, and I honestly believe it will set in motion a number of bad things. But dont let some date consume you, it will happen when it happens, just keep your powder dry, and know what you are going to do if that old poop starts heading towards the fan. If the nukes start flying, we are all fu#ked anyhow, get outside enjoy it while you can.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well it's interesting that, the projected strike time is after they pick the GOP & Dem. candidates, so we are ok for 2007.
2008 is going to be a crazy year, Bush will care even less, as he is on the way out. I always new it would happen before he left office.
2008 is also the summer olympics for China, they won't do anything to mess that up. As for Russia MAD stands as it always has.

The real concern is Isreal, if they stay constrained like they did when Iraq attacked them, when the US invaded Iraq the first time, no problem. If they decide to do something if Iran fires stuff at them, then we have a problem.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
The real concern is Isreal, if they stay constrained like they did when Iraq attacked them, when the US invaded Iraq the first time, no problem. If they decide to do something if Iran fires stuff at them, then we have a problem.

Very smart thinking and an excellent point.
Israel will defend themselves if Iran does attack them, but I believe it would be Syria that would carry out the operation (Syria, Iran do have a military alliance)

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
China will not go to war for Iran, if the US does something stupid with Taiwan then war is the only solution. China and Iran still are good trading partners, China was also in a good relationship with Iraq. Don't think that just because America hates Iran, other countries will hate Iran too. War I believe is close but China is still developing because they are 50 years + behind the US.

Just remember, not everyone that is an enemy to the US is an enemy to other countries. THINK.

The US have military capabilities powerful enough to beat Russia, China, and all of Europe.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sator
The diff between US president and Iran president is that the Iran President has the balls to say exactly what he means to do.

You are one deluded individual if you believe that!
When did President Bush say he wants to destroy ALL muslims and totally obliterate another country from the face of the Earth?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
China will not go to war for Iran, if the US does something stupid with Taiwan then war is the only solution.

Don't you mean if China does something stupid with Taiwan?
Taiwan is our friend and we have already stated that we will protect Taiwan if China decides to take over Taiwan.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Taiwan is our friend and we have already stated that we will protect Taiwan if China decides to take over Taiwan.

I think you should check the current US policy. As I made clear in another thread about China's power on the US economy, the current administration policy is now wanting Taiwan not to do anything that will damage the relations between the US and China.

President Bush said that when the Chinese President came to visit Washington a year back.

There is a large faction in Taiwan who want closer relations with China, I think it's either the new President or a candidate standing. Nationalism is strong in Taiwan.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by infiniteI think you should check the current US policy. As I made clear in another thread about China's power on the US economy, the current administration policy is now wanting Taiwan not to do anything that will damage the relations between the US and China.

President Bush said that when the Chinese President came to visit Washington a year back.

There is a large faction in Taiwan who want closer relations with China, I think it's either the new President or a candidate standing. Nationalism is strong in Taiwan.

No, the people of Taiwan definitely want to remain seperated from China.
I don't know what Bush said exactly because you did not provide a link but the policy towards Taiwan has not changed.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
China is still developing because they are 50 years + behind the US.

How the hell did you work that one out?

Current calculations (by the IMF and World Bank I believe) put China as being the economic superpower within 20-25 years.

Where the hell did you hear 50 years?

(I would like some economic sources)

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by infiniteHow the hell did you work that one out?

Current calculations (by the IMF and World Bank I believe) put China as being the economic superpower within 20-25 years.

Where the hell did you hear 50 years?

(I would like some economic sources)

I believe he was speaking about the military and not economics.
China is behind in military technology but not 50 years behind.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join