It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Added: Athens, Ohio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Added: Athens, Ohio

Just talked to one of my buddies from back in college and it made me think of how haunted Athens is supposed to be. Well, I shouldnt say supposed, as I would say the vast majority has experienced something of the paranormal nature up there, myself included.

There are so many other facets of haunted Athens that can be added to this, but I had to get something up to build off of. There is a ton more info that is going on this one. Mark my word.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
A very interesting contribution Don. I had never heard of Athens before. That facility, the ridge, sounds like a scary place to go wandering around in. I hope more is added to this subject. I find it fascinating.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Cheers WOS! Glad you find the topic of interest. Athens is a great place to get an education despite its overwhelming poverty and hauntings. It seems to be somewhat of a breeding ground of paranormal activity, as well as some genuinely odd people.

In fact on Friday October 13 2001, some of my close friends were allegedly harassed/accosted by the spectral spirit of Marge, after they broke into The Ridges for some tomfoolery (actually, me speaking to one of them is what spurred me to create the entry).

This wasnt the first I had heard of spirits playing games with people that trod on the wrong ground at The Ridges.

Stay tuned

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Just added some additional info about the campus hauntings and the cemetary pentagram. I dont have time now but I want to add a piece about one of the professors there that is the head of his own occult church. Crazy stuff.

Stay tuned.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hey, I'm from ohio hehe, but not athens. Interesting the town is haunted. So are homes haunted too or just schools/factories and the such? I would ask why this isnt on the news but thats obvious!

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Great Job Don!! Athens campus is a huge upsidedown pentagram with a graveyard at each point. Southern Ohio Is mega haunted.Athens is the most haunted college in the world. A ex girl graduated there, and she was a real possesed demon!!!lol
DWT

[edit on 1-10-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1337cshacker
Hey, I'm from ohio hehe, but not athens. Interesting the town is haunted. So are homes haunted too or just schools/factories and the such? I would ask why this isnt on the news but thats obvious!

I have not heard of the homes being haunted, but I am sure they are. Once you get out of the actual college area of Athens, the lanscape is eerily reminiscent of some whacked out horror flick, with the deliveranc emusic playing in the background. There have to be haunted places outside of campus, I just havent heard of them.

Originally posted by dntwastetime
Great Job Don!! Athens campus is a huge upsidedown pentagram with a graveyard at each point. Southern Ohio Is mega haunted.Athens is the most haunted college in the world. A ex girl graduated there, and she was a real possesed demon!!!lol

Indeed DWT. Athens is officially the 13th most haunted place in the world or America. I cant remeber. Even more odd that the number 13 has been designated to this place, given the whole numerology thing. There are so many tales of hauntings and ghosts in Athens that I couldnt even begin to spwwe them all on the page. That could be a good thread though, if it hasnt been done umpteen times before. Believe me, I met a ton of possessed demons while at OU. I think most of them were in sororities though, but that just comes with the territory.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This is one of the best haunted stories D.W.

I was looking for your profile to send you back a little love, and could not find it so since your message said go to tin wiki baby I find you here.
Now I have been looking for some of the best scary true life stories from members, could you take a minute and head over to tell a quick one? Here is the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also when I clicked on Tin Wiki the story about the new brand of Satanism or followers os Sirus came up... Weird huh? October is spooky!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I am from a small town in ohio and i have heard that two of the most haunted places in Ohio are Athens as well as Rouges Hollow, Ohio near Doyelstown, Ohio......

From the people that have come back from university there i have heard many stories. Nothing I can really reapeat because i cannot do it word for word...i work a very public place where many peole know i am into the ATS kind of past time
-Thank you for your time

top topics

join