It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanoweapons and China - project to take down the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Interesting stuff I came across. We have all heard of nanotech by now but rarely is it linked to military usage at lest in the mainstream media.

We would also expect that militaries are looking at this technology and have done extensive work in this field.

But are you aware that the Chinese are too and they have advanced quite quickly in an area of what I would call future technology.

Consider this quote I found at:

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Navrozov contends.

"He suggested that China's ultimate plan would involve the use of "molecular nano assemblers," which are small self-replicating machines capable of moving through the ocean and destroying the US's nuclear submarines. At that point America's ability for "Mutual Assured Destruction" through nuclear weapons would be lost and China could either destroy the US with further nano-weapons or enforce an unconditional surrender, Navrozov outlined.

As to why China wishes to annihilate its lucrative trading partner, Navrozov said that the US is a source of subversion that threatens their dictatorial rule. By bringing the West under their control, they can reduce the threat of internal rebellion such as what happened in Tiananmen Square. "

here is an interview with this same expert on this topic, and more detail on what is going on:

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
nanotech is far, far, far out of reach, much less independent nanomachines. As for military nanotech, why not simply develop cutters? EMP bots?

DE

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Far out of reach?

IMO, Nanomashines are reality, especially in the military field.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
true nanomachines? No, or we'd have augmentation out the ass and a lot mroe medtech than we have now, not to mention quadrupled production capacity. If China had nanotech, they'd pour it into the commerical areas so quick jsut to get an economic edge. But we don't...

DE

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by DeusEx]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Neo,

I assure you that the US defense industry is deeply involved in nanotech research and development...

The US Navy opened a large nanotechnology research center back in October 2003,called the NAVAL RESEARCH LAB NANO CENTER.
In addition my employer, Raytheon is conducting heavy research and development in nanotech in conjunction with UCLA, and also partnering with MIT in the US Army's Institute for Soldier Nanotechnologies, as well as many other endeavors.

All of the US defense industry corporations are into this technology, it is the new revolution and it will change the way we go to war, play video games, work on the personal computer, get medical asttention, etc. In fact, the US defense industry has been all over nanotech for the last 15 years, in 1990 the US DoD was miserly putting a few million into it, now they are throwing hundreds of millions per year, (possibly billions) at nanotechnology.

Not only is the defense industry in this thing but the commercial market as well.

(A quick note to you investors)
This technology is rapidly expanding and I would venture to say that if you were looking to buy a stock and ride a wave much like the internet surge of the late 90's this is a sector to invest in.

There will be much excitement in this and so investment will most likely exceed value just as the internet did - so be wise, ride the wave then get out - but nanotech stocks are at their ground floor right now, get'em while their hot.

Examples of what could be achieved with the use of nanotechnology:

Shrinking the entire contents of the Library of Congress in a device the size of a sugar cube through the expansion of mass storage electronics to multi-terabit memory capacity that will increase the memory storage per unit surface a thousand fold;
Making materials and products from the bottom-up, that is, by building them up from atoms and molecules. Bottom up manufacturing will require less material and pollute less;
Developing materials and products that are 10 times stronger than steel, but a fraction of the weight for making all kinds of land, sea, air and space vehicles lighter and more fuel efficient;
Improving the computer speed and efficiency of minuscule transistors and memory chips by factor of millions making today�s Pentium's and Athlon's seem slow;
Using gene and drug delivery to detect cancerous cells by nanoengineered MRI contrast agents or target organs in the human body;
Removing the finest contaminants from water and air and to promote a clean environment and potable water;
Doubling the energy of solar cells.

The potential for this science surpasses anything that has come before, including the development of computers, the discovery of DNA, and the splitting of the atom, and will make profound changes in all areas of technology. Aerospace, Life Sciences, Energy, Education, etc.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The point that the post is trying to address is that the Chinese whether able or not are attempting the old 'leapfrog' method of technology development.

Whereby resources are apportioned to tech that barely exists in the hopes of having a foothold if it does prove useful.

In the past most countries like China would have been content to just dwell in the conventional worlds of military technology and been satisfied to show a lot of hardware for their expenditures.

Now there are some changes, certainly I am aware that US military efforts in this field are extensive and have been ongoing for sometime now. This will give all the more incentive for the Chinese to steal or buy this technology if they can. I wonder if that is what Bill Clinton is doing these days to make a living?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
I wonder if that is what Bill Clinton is doing these days to make a living?

new topics

top topics

join