It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramids Dam Easy Part One

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think the word Howard's looking for is "touché".

I'm just a lowly web developer... but I can assure you that 'Machana' does not mean boat. I've no degree in anything resembling anything worth while - but I've a love of literature. It's not a very complex thing to trace nearly every word in English back to some similar ancient Greek or Latin word. I think Howard's improperly commuted his conditionals (I had to look that one up). "If it has been raining, the ground is wet, therefore if the ground is wet, it has been raining." - Aristotle, 'On Sophistical Refutations'. C'mon now - there are many reasons the ground could be wet. Let's look up the word machine in our English dictionary:

www.m-w.com/...

"Etymology: Middle French, from Latin machina, from Greek mEchanE (Doric dialect machana), from mEchos means, expedient"

There's the trace back to the Greek.

Improperly commuted his conditionals? No! How?! Well, it's likely (and I may be wrong) that a boat was considered a machana, but that doesn't mean that all machanas were boats. So if I've a vote to cast, it's with (to be) Dr. Byrd. And if something so simple can be so royally, um, 'confused' - well, I'm inclined to disregard every 'fact' made unless represented by some very clear cut sources.

The real reason I write is in the hopes to make this thread somewhat worth while pending Howards certain return (read 'thread jack'). My apologies. But while we're on the topic and I've such an apparent expert at [hopefully] my disposal; I was hoping you could offer any insight/information regarding this:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

I've heard a few blips about it, but nothing concrete - no pun intended. Is this the general consensus amongst aficionados? Or is it merely a laughable, faulty conclusion?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hanslune has provided the link to an article stating that the Egyptians were the first to build dams. Thank you so much Hanslune for your support.

I have been taken to task because of my views on the building of the Pyramid. A picture is worth a thousand words. So over the last few days I have scoured the net to provide my detractors,(My images are from books) pictures that will Illustrate, why “My” concept is so radically different from what is commonly held concerning the construction of the Great, Second, and third Pyramids. These pictures will help those who want to understand. The rest won’t even click on them because they don’t want to see.

The first link is from the British Museum

www.thebritishmuseum.ac.uk...

This picture starts from bottom right of the story panel. There you will find a representation of a Stone barge which I define as a “Machana”. On that barge is a right triangle with a stair step hypotenuse This symbolizes A DAM as you are aware Dams are wider at the bottom that they are at the top. This is not “a hill” or “throne”

The next Barge is on a column of water. This represents the barge and construction materials being lifted on the water that rises behind the dam as the dam grows higher.

The next image is the dam off the barge and the water of the river Nile flowing over. Just above that is what looks to be an island however is the water flowing around the flood gate. The rest of this papyrus deals with the prosperity of Egypt because of the dam on the river that controls the annual flooding of the Nile

Next piece of evidenceis is also from the British Museum

Bottom left shows a “Machana”or Barge with a dam on top on a column of water (as I explained earlier]then the prosperity of Egypt because of that DAM makes up the rest of the picture!

Next piece of evidence from Tour Egypt I can’t find my link to the British Museum which much better picture .

www.touregypt.net...

Papyrus from the Book of the Dead of Anhai Bottom right shows a “Machana” or barge with a dam on top on a column of water (as I explained earlier] then the prosperity of Egypt because of that DAM!

Next piece of evidence from the British Museum connecting a Papyrus from the Book of the Dead of Anhai and Isis.

This is a Papyrus that connect Anhai the larger gal on the right, to Isis the smaller gal mid-page bottom, look closely Isis she has “a dam” on her head, not a throne . Now take this information and in the light of what you have seen from these Papyrus from the British Museum and try to understand the concept of Isis and Osiris, related in my second thread on this subject. May be if your are not to myopic it will be clear to you. If not get some new glasses.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by memoir

Take a look at my last post

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

Please respond to my last post.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by Howard]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by etshrtslr

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Howard]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by etshrtslr

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hey howard I'm not sure,but do you want someone respond to your last post?

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Are you asking if you can help me?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
After some carefull research I have found that Howard is the devil.He does this

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by last time here

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hanslune has provided the link to an article stating that the Egyptians were the first to build dams. Thank you so much Hanslune for your support.

weekly.ahram.org.eg.

I have been taken to task because of my views on the building of the Pyramid. A picture is worth a thousand words. So over the last few days I have scoured the net to provide my detractors Pictures that will Illustrate, why “My” concept is so radically different from what is commonly held concerning the construction of the Great, Second, and third Pyramid. These pictures will help those who want to understand. The rest won’t even click on them because they don’t want to see.

From The British Museum.

This picture starts from bottom right of the story panel. There you will find a representation of a Stone barge which I define as a “Machana”. On that barge is a right triangle with a stair step hypotenuse This symbolizes A DAM as you are aware Dams are wider at the bottom that they are at the top. This is not “a hill” or “throne”

The next Barge is on a column of water. This represents the barge and construction materials being lifted on the water that rises behind the dam as the dam grows higher.

The next image is the dam off the barge and the water of the river Nile flowing over just above that is what looks to be an island however is the water flowing around the flood gate. The rest of this papyrus deals with the prosperity of Egypt because of the dam on the river that controls the annual flooding of the Nile

Next piece of evidence from the British Museum Click on the link

Bottom left shows a “Machana”or Barge with a dam on top on a column of water then the prosperity of Egypt because of that DAM!

Next piece of evidence from Tour Egypt I can’t find my link to the British Museum which much better picture . Please Click on the link

www.touregypt.net...

Papyrus from the Book of the Dead of Anhai Bottom right shows a “Machana” or barge with a dam on top on a column of water then the prosperity of Egypt because of that DAM!

Next piece of evidence from the British Museum connecting Papyrus from the Book of the Dead of Anhai and Isis Click on the link

This is a Papyrus that connect Anhai the larger gal on the right, to Isis the smaller gal mid-page bottom, look closely she has “a dam” on her head not a throne . Now take this information and in the light of what you have seen from these Papyrus from the British Museum and try to understand the concept of Isis and Osiris In my second thread on this subject. May be if your are not to myopic it will be clear to you. If not get some new glasses.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Project_Silo

respond to my last post

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Project_Silo

respond to my last post

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join