It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramids Dam Easy Part One

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The Great Pyramids of Gizeh?
How could the men of Six thousand years ago build it
?
”They Didn’t The Copper Age men of over twelve thousand years ago could and DID!

LET US REVIEW HERODOTUS'S THOUGHTS
The number of workers
The time needed to build
Foundational Work
Ten years
Construction
Twenty years
The Machines to Lift the Stones
Made of Wood?

Twenty Years
To stack 2.3 million blocks, average weight five thousand pounds

The Machines to Lift the Stones Made of Wood?

Machines is translated from the Greek word
Machana, which means “BOATS”

The Controller of the Nile Khunm (Khain) Khufu: tells how to float the stones

The Khufu name in Hebrew means “to cover up” and in Greek Cheops” means: “a channel of water“

He built the Great Pyramid and controlled the annual flooding of the Nile river.

Now how did he do his amazing feats of engineering,
like controlling the flooding of the Nile ?

The same way the Egyptians do it now. With a Dam of course!

As Sherlock Homes would say "The Game is a foot.”

And where do you build this dam?
At Pa Hanok (the mouth of the narrows)

High Limestone Walls Encase
The Nile River

That valley is some places eight to twelve miles wide. Then narrowing to areas called cataracts. One of which is where the Aswan dam is now. Lake Nasser behind that dam is the Second or New Sea of NUN.

Job 28: 11-12 translated from the square Hebrew text from Qumran
11. He over turn the mountains from their foundation... and reassembles it with the stones from the top of his quarry at the bottom of his new mountain He tunnels a shaft ( the descending passage) He binds the rivers that they may not overflow: builds a dam and the thing that is hid, under the rising water of the irrigation lake that he might bring forth "light"(. Hebrew “Urim”- light or Pyramid)12. But where is wisdom to be found? And where is the place of understanding?The lake that was created was called.

The Sea of Nun By the Egyptians

The Sea of Egypt
By Isaiah
in his 19th chapter

Mod Edit: All Caps Title– Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/9/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howard
”They Didn’t The Copper Age men of over twelve thousand years ago could and DID!

That would be about 10,000 BC.

LET US REVIEW HERODOTUS'S THOUGHTS
The number of workers
The time needed to build
Foundational Work
Ten years
Construction
Twenty years
The Machines to Lift the Stones
Made of Wood?

Couldn't we review the writings from the workers' village right next to the pyramid, instead? Herodotus got his stories from a tour guide a thousand years after they built them. And he underestimated the number available for labor.

However, that doesn't establish that the pyramids (there are nine in the complex plus remains of others nearby) were not built by the Egyptians.

Machines is translated from the Greek word
Machana, which means “BOATS”

Sorry... it means "device"
www.etymonline.com...

The Controller of the Nile Khunm (Khain) Khufu: tells how to float the stones

The Khufu name in Hebrew means “to cover up” and in Greek Cheops” means: “a channel of water“

Except that "khufu/cheops" isn't Hebrew... it's Egyptian and it means "protected by Khunum".
en.wikipedia.org...

He was also known as Horus Medjedu and the Great Pyramid is known in ancient Egyptian texts as the "house of Horus on the Horizon" (Khufu's Atef). None of his titles refer to him as controller of the Nile.

And "cheops" doesn't mean "channel of water" in Greek. "Channel of Water" in Greek is "kanali" and "hydros", as you can see when you check babelfish.altavista.com...

The same way the Egyptians do it now. With a Dam of course!

Why would he use a dam when the river in flood ran right up to the site and it was a short haul to drag the blocks on sledges? And flood season was the off season for the laborers and an easy journey by river to the pyramid site. No dams needed.

That valley is some places eight to twelve miles wide. Then narrowing to areas called cataracts. One of which is where the Aswan dam is now. Lake Nasser behind that dam is the Second or New Sea of NUN.

You've got some directions terribly confused. The Nile flows from the south to the north, and Giza is a few hundred miles north of Aswan. You could put as much of a dam as you liked at Aswan, and the lake waters would STILL not reach Giza. You can see it on the map here:
www.eorc.jaxa.jp...

Job 28: 11-12 translated from the square Hebrew text from Qumran
11. He over turn the mountains from their foundation... and reassembles it with the stones from the top of his quarry at the bottom of his new mountain He tunnels a shaft ( the descending passage) He binds the rivers that they may not overflow: builds a dam and the thing that is hid, under the rising water of the irrigation lake that he might bring forth "light"(. Hebrew “Urim”- light or Pyramid)12. But where is wisdom to be found? And where is the place of understanding?The lake that was created was called.

That's part of Job's parable about the wonderful powers of god; it's not about an Egyptian pharoah. The parable begins Job 27:1 and continues through Job 31:40 chapter. Job 27 says clearly that Job is speaking a parable about God and his power.

Job didn't start speaking a parable about God and then suddenly switch to a mention of a pharoah who had been dead for several hundred years.

Furthermore, the Book of Job was written about 500 BC -- just a little bit before the birth of Herodotus.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Howard

Howard here

The data on this thread is all foot noted however this forum as far I know is not programed for footnotes. If you need them send me a u2u and I will point you in the right direction. I disagree with most peole on this subject. However people who a not up to date on the facts will want to discount my data. I translate Greek, Hebrew, and Egyptian Do you or do you just parrot what others say?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Hey Bird so your on staff! so I can't send you a u2u I am Impressed. come on Bird debate like a man. Send me a U2u or hide behind you title.

Howard

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
and i wonder why these threads are so dead.....hmmm.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Howard

Responce to Bird
Bird
Couldn't we review the writings from the workers' village right next to the pyramid, instead? Herodotus got his stories from a tour guide a thousand years after they built them. And he underestimated the number available for labor.

Howard
You would rather have an oral traditions rather that a text dates to 12,500 years ago by a star chart in the text of Job?

Bird
However, that doesn't establish that the pyramids (there are nine in the complex plus remains of others nearby) were not built by the Egyptians.

Howard
They were not all built at the same time however the great second and third were built at 12500 years ago Bauval, Robert and Gilbert Adrian, The Orion Mystery, Heinemann, London, 1994

Bird
Machana
www.etymonline.com...

Howard
Crowder, Thomas, J, Cited in Feats of Wisdom of the Ancients, Time life books Alexander, VA
Agrees with me.

Bird
Except that "khufu/cheops" isn't Hebrew... it's Egyptian and it means, "protected by Khunum.”
en.wikipedia.org...

Howard
Sorry Wickipedia need a better translator I could use a little pocket change

Bird
He was also known as Horus Medjedu and the Great Pyramid is known in ancient Egyptian texts as the "house of Horus on the Horizon" (Khufu's Atef). None of his titles refer to him as controller of the Nile.

Howard look it up
Hamlyn P. New Lararousse Encyclopedia of Mythology ,London,1989,p362

Bird
And "cheops" doesn't mean "channel of water" in Greek. "Channel of Water" in Greek is "kanali" and "hydros", as you can see when you check babelfish.altavista.com...

Howard
Strongs lexicon Greek root 5494

Bird
Why would he use a dam when the river in flood ran right up to the site and it was a short haul to drag the blocks on sledges? And flood season was the off season for the laborers and an easy journey by river to the pyramid site. No dams needed.

Howard It is call irrigation Egypt is very dry and when the Nile floods to maintain a flow of water a dam was needed did you read my thread? And stone blocks on boats are a lot easier to move and lift try it your way I think you will agree and as the water rose so did the stone barges.

Bird
You've got some directions terribly confused. The Nile flows from the south to the north, and Giza is a few hundred miles north of Aswan. You could put as much of a dam as you liked at Aswan, and the lake waters would STILL not reach Giza. You can see it on the map here:
www.eorc.jaxa.jp...

Howard wrong narrow the Isis dam was near the modern city of Cairo.

Bird
That's part of Job's parable about the wonderful powers of god; it's not about an Egyptian pharaoh. The parable begins Job 27:1 and continues through Job 31:40 chapters. Job 27 says clearly that Job is speaking a parable about God and his power.

Howard
Sorry you don’t read Hebrew in the square text try it you will understand the BIBLE better

Bird
Job didn't start speaking a parable about God and then suddenly switch to a mention of a pharaoh who had been dead for several hundred years.
Furthermore, the Book of Job was written about 500 BC -- just a little bit before the birth of Herodotus.

Howard
your dating is all Wrong The star chart in Job dates the text to 12500 years age but you didn’t know that. Too bad I can’t send you the star chart

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Ooooh... Gools, pass me some of that...

Pssst, Howard, I'll leave the best part for Byrd, but while you still got some dignity, it's Byrd not Bird, and she debates like a woman. Oh. And good luck. You'll need it.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'll leave Ms Byrd to respond to Howard except to add one piece of data Howard should read.

Radiocarbon

This should be good, getting my popcorn out

[edit on 13-9-2007 by Hanslune]

[edit on 13-9-2007 by Hanslune]

Mod Edit: Fixed Link.

[edit on 13/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Pssst, Howard, I'll leave the best part for Byrd, but while you still got some dignity, it's Byrd not Bird, and she debates like a woman. Oh. And good luck. You'll need it.

I had the same reaction, Gemwolf.
Howard: Since you're a newby, I'm gonna clue you in. Byrd is a subject matter expert for very good reasons. In fact, she's expert in a number of areas. She has a Ph.D. in anthropology and works at a museum. IMHO, she's probably the most knowledgeable person on this forum - her breadth and depth of knowledge on so many subjects absolutely astounds me. I have never seen her be rude, arrogant or condescending.

I've learned alot from Byrd - hopefully you will, too.

P.S.- Re: your title heading - It's spelled "essay", not "easy". If you translate these other languages so well, how come you can't spell "essay"? In fact, you have misspelled alot of words in your post. And how come you had to check wikipedia for translations?

I'm with Gemwolf, good luck, you'll need it.

[edit on 13/9/07 by forestlady]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Forestlady & Gemwolf

Care to make any side bets on how this one is gonna play out?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Howard

Howard here

The data on this thread is all foot noted however this forum as far I know is not programed for footnotes. If you need them send me a u2u and I will point you in the right direction. I disagree with most peole on this subject. However people who a not up to date on the facts will want to discount my data. I translate Greek, Hebrew, and Egyptian Do you or do you just parrot what others say?

Stick the links here.

And yes, I can (as has been seen in other threads) read Latin, Greek, and ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs. Rather badly, but I can read them -- and I do use a Biblical concordance (an online one) when commenting on the Bible. I can also do a little Mayan.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling Howard is not going to come back and debate Byrd.

Gools,

Where do I get the soft drink and popcorn?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
As I pointed out on another thread of his, if you go to his member page and scroll down to favorite websites and click on the one and only one that is listed it will take you to a garish site promoting a book by one Howard West from which many if now all of this Howard's arguments are taken verbatim. I have already notified Intrepid that the odds are that this Howard and Howard West are one in the same and that these threads of his are a shameless attempt at promoting his book.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by grover]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
FYI this member is not responding because he is on a temporary post ban while the staff... erm.. sort out a few things...

[edit on 9/13/2007 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
That site of his reminds me of a bad acid trip... not that I have experince in such things.

It gave me a headache trying to make sense of it.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Howard

Responce to Bird
Bird

Howard
You would rather have an oral traditions rather that a text dates to 12,500 years ago by a star chart in the text of Job?

Well, the ostrika from the workers' site are written texts (you don't seem familiar with them. They're interesting.) The other texts about hauling in the stones are from the Giza site and mention by name the overseers and their titles and about the stone and where it comes from.

There's also the nobles of the courts buried there (and only the nobles of those courts... no others from other years and pharoahs) as well as statuary and other miscellania.

So they aren't oral traditions. Herodotus (whom you cited) is written, of course though he got his information from oral sources.

Bird

Howard
They were not all built at the same time however the great second and third were built at 12500 years ago Bauval, Robert and Gilbert Adrian, The Orion Mystery, Heinemann, London, 1994

Yeah, that's sort of where I suspected you got your information. And I would dispute the date of those, too, since one of them had the mummy in it. There aren't just 3 pyramids there, but a complex of 9 with a lot of funerary chapels and other places of commemoration and worship.

Bauval and company leave a lot of things out about the site. This data has to be left out, because if they included it, it would shatter their imaginary timeline.

Bird
Machana
www.etymonline.com...

Howard
Crowder, Thomas, J, Cited in Feats of Wisdom of the Ancients, Time life books Alexander, VA
Agrees with me.

So we've got Mr. Crowder (I can't find a reference for him as an author and have no idea when/where he lived or why you think his translation is accurate)... versus all the dictionaries and language sources and original Greek manuscripts where "mecha" means device.
Here's another one talking about the Indo-European and clearly stating that mecha/mekahne=machine:
www.thefreedictionary.com...

In fact, here's a page of Homer in the original Greek. On page 2, you can clearly see that "unas" is the word for ships:
www.ellopos.net...

I can find more examples in Greek, if you like.

Bird

Howard look it up
Hamlyn P. New Lararousse Encyclopedia of Mythology ,London,1989,p362

So you're not familiar with the praenomens and nomens of the time? Pity. In any case, Egyptian rulers had a number of names. Wikipedia gives an overview of the most common of the pack. Larousse didn't go into all the nifty Egyptological things because they wouldn't interest students of mythology -- and scholars of mythology could go look this up for themselves:
en.wikipedia.org...

Howard
Strongs lexicon Greek root 5494

Doesn't mean water channel. It means to pour -- as the usage in the other variants of that also confirms. Nothing about water channels.
www.eliyah.com...

Boat is "ploiarion", as you can see from Strong's:
cf.blueletterbible.org...

Howard It is call irrigation Egypt is very dry and when the Nile floods to maintain a flow of water a dam was needed did you read my thread? And stone blocks on boats are a lot easier to move and lift try it your way I think you will agree and as the water rose so did the stone barges.

Egyptian irrigation channels were irrigation channels. They weren't very extensive. They didn't make dams.

When the yearly floods came, they rode the rising waters which reached very close to the place where the pyramids were built.

Howard wrong narrow the Isis dam was near the modern city of Cairo.

You mentioned cataracts and narrows, and the first cataract is the closest one to Giza. Giza is north of the cataract, and by a considerable distance. Putting a dam at the narrows wouldn't have brought water to Giza. Also, the modern river is not in the same place as the ancient river.

Bird
That's part of Job's parable about the wonderful powers of god; it's not about an Egyptian pharaoh. The parable begins Job 27:1 and continues through Job 31:40 chapters. Job 27 says clearly that Job is speaking a parable about God and his power.

Howard
Sorry you don’t read Hebrew in the square text try it you will understand the BIBLE better

Actually, I do and I can (badly, but I can read it.) The piece you quoted is a few sentences out of a longer set of chapters in the Book of Job. Chapter 27 clearly states that Job is giving a parable about YHVH and it finishes in Chapter 32 by formally saying that Job finished his parable about YHVH.

Now... I see no justification for his talking about YHVH for 3-4 chapters but breaking it in the middle with a reference to a pharoah who lived before him.

your dating is all Wrong The star chart in Job dates the text to 12500 years age but you didn’t know that. Too bad I can’t send you the star chart

Yes. I'd love to see how you made a star chart out of the whole book.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Howard: Since you're a newby, I'm gonna clue you in. Byrd is a subject matter expert for very good reasons. In fact, she's expert in a number of areas. She has a Ph.D. in anthropology and works at a museum. IMHO, she's probably the most knowledgeable person on this forum - her breadth and depth of knowledge on so many subjects absolutely astounds me. I have never seen her be rude, arrogant or condescending.

Thanks so much for the kind words... and the promotion! But I'm just studying for my PhD in information science. My anth degree is only a Masters'. Three years from now, you can call me "Dr. White" (IF I finish my cotton-pickin' dissertation without killing the IRB committee, my doc committee, or pulling all my hair out!)

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Byrd

A well written reply and good luck with your dissertation.

One comment. The Egyptians did make ONE dam.

Noted here

weekly.ahram.org.eg...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
wow...i'm impressed...very impressed indeed!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join