It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Troops Are Sent To Iranian Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

British Troops Are Sent To Iranian Border

news.independent.co.uk

British forces have been sent from Basra to the volatile border with Iran amid warnings from the senior US commander in Iraq that Tehran is fomenting a "proxy war".

In signs of a fast-developing confrontation, the Iranians have threatened military action in response to attacks launched from Iraqi territory while the Pentagon has announced the building of a US base and fortified checkpoints at the frontier.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hope the UK doesnt get sucked into another war with Iran , their already overstretched as it is.

The operation is regarded as a high-risk strategy which could lead to clashes with Iranian-backed Shia militias or even Iranian forces and also leaves open the possibility of Iranian retaliation in the form of attacks against British forces at the Basra air base or inciting violence to draw them back into Basra city

The US decision to build fortifications at the Iranian border, after four years of presence in Iraq, shows, say American commanders, that the "Iranian threat" is now one of their main concerns.

news.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-9-2007 by The_Coo]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Have you ever seen the border it's non existant ?

We were always near it and sometimes in Iran itself and this was year's and year's ago when i was there.

Nothing new just depend's how you look at it.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

But in light of current tensions with iran could be Construed as signifigant by the iranians and its allies.Also the brits are making themselves more accessable targets.Hope they be ok.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
Have you ever seen the border it's non existant ?

We were always near it and sometimes in Iran itself and this was year's and year's ago when i was there.

Nothing new just depend's how you look at it.

Regard's
Lee

But don't forget the last time we were just close to their border though. Is there any dispute on the ground to where the lines are like there was out at sea?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The border is there on the map obviously but what i am getting at is this. Its not there in a physical sense.

Infact there is nothing for a good 10km to the east of Al Qurna you have the euphrates and tigris river's where they join then further east is the border on the map.

Then there is nothing for 10km atleast.

So as for a dispute well i dont think you will find anyone to make a dispute maybe when you go up north a little i think there a re few major entry point's

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 12-9-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
Hope the UK doesnt get sucked into another war with Iran , their already overstretched as it is.

Yeah, I hope the British commands and Gordon Brown will have the nerve to stand up to whatever Bush is trying to lure them into now.

I don't want to see our troops attempting combat another war in the name of Bush for the next three years, this time on Iranian soil. I thought they were all coming home..

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Think most people did , but thats all bull,

theyve just been relocated to an equally dangerous area.

top topics

join