It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is a message that EVERYONE needs to pay attention to.

We can all help if we just get involved and make sure this does not continue to be a problem that is swept under the radar.

CAUTION!!!!!!!

Some emotionally disturbing images

Having abuse in my family, this is a topic that is of great concern to me.

It should be to us all...

Semper

[edit on 9/12/2007 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
My family has been scarred forever by the abuse suffered by my niece and nephew at the hands of their father, and now my nephew has followed, as all too often happens, suit.

I can't help but wonder what might have happened if I, and the rest of my family, had opened our eyes a bit sooner. Maybe, just maybe, all the kids that have been hurt and are still hurting, wouldn't be. It's a guilt I'll live with for the rest of my time here on Earth, and will undoubtably have to answer for it one day. Karma's strange that way.

We as people need to be aware of all the signs, so we can see them while they are still able to be stopped, not in the aftermath. This is definitely a case where 20/20 hindsight is of no use whatsoever...trust me on this one, folks. If we don't do everything we can to protect children in these cases, we betray everything that makes us human. Our jobs as adults is to protect the children from monsters, because unlike Nessie, and Bigfoot, these monsters definitely exist.

Semper. This is a subject that touches very raw spots on my psyche. I don't know whether to thank you, or curse you...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The more people that know, the better we all will be Seagull...

I know how you feel and I thought long and hard about even broaching this subject.. but

The truth on something like this, is like a light with cockroaches..

We have to get informed and involved...

My sister is a year older then me and her life has been a nightmare. I help all that I can, but my Granny raised me, while our Father kept her. He did not like little boys...

I know how you feel, but as long as people turn a blind eye, this will continue as it has and keep ruining other lives...

Semper

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Oh, I agree with you, make no mistake. Revisiting this particular part of my past is, not to put too fine a point on it, painful. Not as painful as it was for my neice and nephew obviously, or in the same way. Having one's blindness pointed out in so horrific a manner is not a good time. Unfortunately, this is, seemingly, how I learn my most important lessons; the hard way. Unfortunately, two little kids near and dear to me were hurt in the most horrific manner...that's hard to deal with sometimes, you know?

My eyes have been open since, and I've helped where I can. I know its all I can do, but my heart doesn't believe my head.

No, Semper, I'll help you whereever I can. That I promise.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Semper,

Like Seagull I don't know whether to thank you or curse you. As he has shared abuse has forever scarred my family. The pain of it never goes away. My daughter has as I have shared before works with at risk kids and their families attempting to fix and heal the wounds; sadly for many kids intervention comes too late.

Every summer I work with the Equine Assisted Therapy program my daughter works at cooking for the kids. I make lunches for them; they really like my cheese zombies. This year I made some rice krispies treats which are no big deal it takes maybe 10 mins in the microwave and took them out as a surprise for the kids. One of the little boys asked me if I had a kid out there. I said yes, you know her she's your counselor. He then asked me if I was the mother who had given birth to her; I said well yes of course. He asked me if I had ever burnt her with a cigarette or hit her. I said well why don't we ask her; she came over he asked and she said no honey most parents don't do that. My Mom and I love each other. He asked me why I cooked treats for them and seemed totally shocked when I told it was because Sarah loves them and since I love her I like to do things for her. It makes her happy to see them happy and furthermore I care about all kids. I must tell you I had to sit in the car and cry before I could go home. My God it was just a couple of batches of rice krispie treats no big deal or at least they shouldn't be.

I wish people could all see and hear these kids; I promise you no one could ever turn their back on this again. It is totally heart breaking. I respect my daughter for what she does; she works with the kids who are in the worst shape; most of her kids are level 4 line of sight. They are intense but when theydo trust you they are so loving. It took several weeks this summer before they trusted me enough to open up. I'm now known as the lady who cooks really good. Not a bad way to be known I'm thinking.

Semper, you also have a tough job but thank God the kids have people like you who will step in a protect them and see to it that the monsters who do these things pay a price. I'll make a deal with you; you cops catch them and I'll help keep them until we are forced to release them. Of the two of us I have the easier job.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by gallopinghordes]

new topics

top topics

join